Serious Las Vegas Shooting: What's on the news?

RUASVDV

Neutrino
Nebulae
As I'm sure we've all heard of the horrific mass shooting that occurred in Las Vegas at the country music concert, I'm sure you've been hearing all sorts of stories from conspiracy theories about the shooting being a hoax to "Let's all ban the bump stock!"

I think it's time we clear the air and just admit; most of what the media is telling us about this stuff is politicized. If you haven't looked up "Las Vegas Shooting" on Google or another search engine, Hell, if you go on CNN right now, you'd probably see them talking about one thing:

7accd531f7273dd61369353bd7075768.png

The freaking bump stock.

This isn't to say all the news about the shooting is about the left wanting gun control and the right trying to find a way to protect the 2nd amendment, but a real thought came to me when I turned on the news in the morning.

It's perfectly normal to report news about things such as the ammunition or weapons, because some people may want to know what was used and what he was planning, but what the mainstream media has been doing, and given their past history with stories like these, it just makes it so obvious that they want to use this as a platform.

I think it's just disrespectful to the people who had to suffer that night because they're using their experiences to feed into these long-awaited gun control laws that Democrats (majorly) have been trying to push for decades.

CNN and NBC kept talking about how much ammunition and weapons this man had, specifically noting he had 33 firearms in his hotel room.*

*They had not bothered to mention Stephen Paddock's (shooter) abuse of an anti-anxiety drug, his father that was a high profile criminal on the FBI's top ten most wanted who was described as a psychopath, or that he was a big gambler.

They kept talking about the weapons and how this small piece of plastic was going to be banned, and they glorified the shit out of it.

171004182612-lead-speier-russia-investigation-latest-las-vegas-shooting-live-00051601-large-169.jpg

My take

Personally I don't think it's the weapons the shooter had that was important, or this bump stock device. The person behind the gun is what matters. Banning this device certainly won't help anyone in the long run because:

A. Guns will still be available, even if they're not automatic, they can be long-range and semi-auto weapons can be bought elsewhere,

B. Most people who think about banning guns after incidents like these just think it'll affect this one scenario when really it affects a larger audience of people who do own guns and are responsible with them.

That's just my two cents. Post what you think below.

Reactions: List

Khaatamul Nasheed

Nucleus
B A N N E D
Nebulae
That's just my two cents. Post what you think below.
I think your just trying to find reason to value your toys over human life
*They had not bothered to mention Stephen Paddock's (shooter) abuse of an anti-anxiety drug, his father that was a high profile criminal on the FBI's top ten most wanted who was described as a psychopath, or that he was a big gambler.
Ive been watching CNN all this weekend they mentioned all of that LOL

The freaking bump stock.
Yeah it upped his kill count

I'm not even going to respond to anyone here cause they have no argument to bring
My head hurts already from everything I have to deal with it.
Just like...Idk use your head or something bye im going to bed

Mendel

Aboriginal Indigenous American
Nebulae
i've always liked to think that if we try to ban guns now, it wont work not only due to the history of the 2nd amendment, but just the sheer number of guns out there

if the government starts collecting guns from citizens, the good guys with guns will turn theirs in and the bad guys wont, increasing gun violence and hindering response to it

you're retarded
watching CNN
you're even more retarded

RUASVDV

Neutrino
Nebulae

Ive been watching CNN all this weekend they mentioned all of that LOL

Yeah it upped his kill count

I'm not even going to respond to anyone here cause they have no argument to bring
My head hurts already from everything I have to deal with it.
Just like...Idk use your head or something bye im going to bed

I'm not a gun owner, nor do I plan on becoming one for a while, so what makes you think I somehow support giving monsters like Stephen Paddock the tools to kill innocent people?

All I said was banning the device won't solve anyone's problems in the long run.

I had CNN on for about an hour and a half, "33 firearms in his hotel room" was stuck on the screen.

Don't bark up the wrong tree dude.

And I agree that the device was beneficial to allowing him to kill a large number of people, I don't think banning this one device is going to stop a mass shooters from finding ways around that.

Hence the quote:
The person behind the gun is what matters.

If you feel I'm wrong, fine. But the main topic at discussion was that this was politicized, and that the media is manipulating the situation.
[doublepost=1507257344][/doublepost]
i've always liked to think that if we try to ban guns now, it wont work not only due to the history of the 2nd amendment, but just the sheer number of guns out there

if the government starts collecting guns from citizens, the good guys with guns will turn theirs in and the bad guys wont, increasing gun violence and hindering response to it

you're retarded

you're even more retarded

Thanks for backing me up, I did figure the first post would be from someone who can't handle opinions that differ from theirs.

And yes, I do agree. A sheer number of guns and the history all backs up why the 2nd amendment is engraved in the constitution and probably won't be removed for this reason.

Still goes to show how people won't stop at anything just to get something like that removed, as we see on CNN and NBC constantly.

Last edited:
Reactions: List