League of Legends

Red Dress

Proton
Nebulae
Following DOTA's success, MoBAs have become a staple in videogame genre. League of Legends has taken the videogame world by storm with appealing gameplay, low skill floor, and a lot of content with clever microtransaction tactics.

There is now over 120 champions to play as.

What do you think of LoL? Favorite champion? Favorite item? Favorite map?

Red Dress

Proton
Nebulae
LoL is dumb.
It's a dumbed down verision of Dota, go play it if you have some actual skill in Mobas.

seriously LoL is horrible and the community is even worse.

I do not know, I wholly enjoy LoL. I started playing "DOTA" when it was a custom in WC3 and transitioned when it got really popular as standalone.

I have had a really bad experience with the DOTA community. It is not the worst gaming community, but it was pretty terrible. DOTA is certainly a lot better as a competitive game that takes more skill to play and get good at, but I find LoL to be enjoyable even in ranked.

Rain

Administrator
Head Staff
Nebulae
LoL is dumb.
It's a dumbed down verision of Dota, go play it if you have some actual skill in Mobas.

seriously LoL is horrible and the community is even worse.

The numbers speak for themselves :steve:

Following DOTA's success, MoBAs have become a staple in videogame genre. League of Legends has taken the videogame world by storm with appealing gameplay, low skill floor, and a lot of content with clever microtransaction tactics.

There is now over 120 champions to play as.

What do you think of LoL? Favorite champion? Favorite item? Favorite map?

Can't beat playing Yasuo, maxing E then dashing around with phantom dancer or stattik shiv and critting every hit :ok:

Last edited:

Nukkel

Proton
Nebulae
LoL is only for pros, if you can't handle you are a noob and should play runescape.

Red Dress

Proton
Nebulae

Can't beat playing Yasuo, maxing E then dashing around with phantom dancer or stattik shiv and critting every hit :ok:

You should get Q first, E, then W. Then max in order R Q E W

Maxing E first will hurt your laning phase. Q allows you to poke, zone, and CS safely. Rush Shiv and Greaves first

Red Dress

Proton
Nebulae
http://probuilds.net/champions/details/Yasuo

They all max E first, and most of them go PD + swiftness boots/merc treads. Even then I would max E even if it was worse because its more fun.

Yeah, but they are pros. They van make use of the even tiniest of optimization. Unless you can already perfectly CS 85 by 20 then the R Q E W and Shiv first is always optimal.

Reactions: List

Expax

Nucleus
Nebulae
Yeah there sure are alot of children/mentally handicapped people out there :steve:

but I find LoL to be enjoyable even in ranked.
Perhaps that's because it's EASIER and not as challenging seeing as for example, when you die you don't actually lose that much since you don't lose gold.

LoL is only for pros, if you can't handle you are a noob and should play runescape.
>>>only for pros
>is alot easier than dota in every aspect
>denying farm is non existent
>losing gold when dying doesn't happen
-not as big of a punishment when players mess up
>there's no courier (hence no courier micro)
>there's no high skill champions, for example in Dota you have Invoker, who has 25 abilities (7 in dota 2) or Meepo who requires Micro skill.
>last hitting is easier in LoL
>you can sustain alot more damage in LoL than in Dota
>No slot management (TP Scrolls is an ability, what the fuck?)
>basic as fuck item system
>fucking bushes?? what??

I can continue and point out why LoL is inferior and the easier verision of Dota if you want me to.

Red Dress

Proton
Nebulae
Yeah there sure are alot of children/mentally handicapped people out there :steve:

Perhaps that's because it's EASIER and not as challenging seeing as for example, when you die you don't actually lose that much since you don't lose gold.

>>>only for pros
>is alot easier than dota in every aspect
>denying farm is non existent
>losing gold when dying doesn't happen
-not as big of a punishment when players mess up
>there's no courier (hence no courier micro)
>there's no high skill champions, for example in Dota you have Invoker, who has 25 abilities (7 in dota 2) or Meepo who requires Micro skill.
>last hitting is easier in LoL
>you can sustain alot more damage in LoL than in Dota
>No slot management (TP Scrolls is an ability, what the fuck?)
>basic as fuck item system
>fucking bushes?? what??

I can continue and point out why LoL is inferior and the easier verision of Dota if you want me to.

I do not see why you are getting worked up over this, Expax. If you do not like to play LoL, you do not have to play it. Nor do you have to comment in a thread that visibly makes you upset. Your attitude is not helping anyone want to play DOTA. Heck, if I had to play with people with your personality, I probably would just not play.

hi im gosu

irrelevant union bias
Nebulae
Visibly upset? What?

my attitude is not helping anyone want to play dota? bro you need to take some english courses or something because I understood like 10% of that reply.
That was a perfectly normal english sentence, but okay.

Red Dress

Proton
Nebulae
Visibly upset? What?

my attitude is not helping anyone want to play dota? bro you need to take some english courses or something because I understood like 10% of that reply.

Alright, well, capitalize the first letter in a sentence. A comma is needed after "bro" (which the "b" should be capitalized). "English" is a pronoun and should be capitalized.

Expax

Nucleus
Nebulae
That was a perfectly normal english sentence, but okay.
''Your attitude is not helping anyone want to play dota''
>perfectly normal english sentence

Alright, well, capitalize the first letter in a sentence. A comma is needed after "bro" (which the "b" should be capitalized). "English" is a pronoun and should be capitalized.
I never said anything about your grammar, just the fact that you couldn't form an actual sentence and it made no sense.

Grau

Atom
B A N N E D
Nebulae
Stop comparing league and dota, it always ends in a discussion.

Angel

she/her/they nonbinary transfem
Nebulae
Expax, I'll take this opportunity, cause your country is even shittier then mine.
You're sinking this fucking thread like your country is sinking Europe. I think we can all agree it is best if you just leave both.

Either way... I stopped playing League, now I only follow the major matches of the Pro scene.
@Rain just because a pro does it, doesn't mean you should do it. I don't know at what rank you maxed, but pretty much the pro can make certain item buy or skill max because he will be able to utilize 100% of that skill. It's like when back in the day pros maxed W on zed because it gave them like 2 more damage if you auto-attack cancelled perfectly.

Eitheeeeeeeer way.
I peaked at Gold I then stopped playing.

LoL dwarfs DOTA or any other E-Sport in size. I mean, Season 4 worlds was fucking insane.

Expax

Nucleus
Nebulae
Expax, I'll take this opportunity, cause your country is even shittier then mine.
Sweden is actually doing alot better than Portugal so I'm not sure what you're talking about.

I peaked at Gold I then stopped playing.
I was Platinum-Diamond last year, shows how easy the game is (I can show screenshots and if you want I can add you and show you)

LoL dwarfs DOTA or any other E-Sport in size.
Actually, although you may be right in that there's alot of people who watch it, take a look at these stats.
Dota 2 has a huge prize pool and LoL dwarfs Dota in that matter, hence why PEOPLE WHO PLAY DOTA ARE BETTER MOBA PLAYERS. Practically all major dota tournaments has like 10x the amount of prize pool money.

Although I'll give you that LoL is a more simplistic game hence more people enjoy to watch and play it, since it doesn't require as much knowledge to get into it, hence why it's a good game for MOBA starters.

League of Legends biggest prize pool of all time: $540k
Dota 2 The International 2014: $11 Million
Dota 2 The International 2015: $18 Million

http://www.esportsearnings.com/tournaments

Angel

she/her/they nonbinary transfem
Nebulae
Sweden is actually doing alot better than Portugal so I'm not sure what you're talking about.

I was Platinum-Diamond last year, shows how easy the game is (I can show screenshots and if you want I can add you and show you)

Actually, although you may be right in that there's alot of people who watch it, take a look at these stats.
Dota 2 has a huge prize pool and LoL dwarfs Dota in that matter, hence why PEOPLE WHO PLAY DOTA ARE BETTER MOBA PLAYERS. Practically all major dota tournaments has like 10x the amount of prize pool money.

Although I'll give you that LoL is a more simplistic game hence more people enjoy to watch and play it, since it doesn't require as much knowledge to get into it, hence why it's a good game for MOBA starters.

League of Legends biggest prize pool of all time: $540k
Dota 2 The International 2014: $11 Million
Dota 2 The International 2015: $18 Million

http://www.esportsearnings.com/tournaments
Riot doesn't crowd fund their tournaments, that is literally the only reason for the differences in prize pool lmao.
Call me when you get 32million viewers in DOTA and fill a wold cup stadium with 40k people.