LemonPunch veteran status

Chris .P. Bacon

Proud Redcoat
Nebulae
I feel I don't deserve the LP veteran status as I only played on LP for a week until it died.
Can someone remove it as I feel guilty for having it because im not really a LP veteran xD

Reactions: List
D

Deleted member 225

im a lemonpunch vet, in the bottom of my dresser sits a collection of roleplay medals, they were awarded to me as a acknowledgement of my service in the lp marine corps. Yet, their only purpose is to remind me of what I did, the horrors... The /mes were so brutal, we didn't know who was malicious and who was just a gold member, so we just pk'd them indiscriminately with gbombs, guns and even our bare hands. I'm not a veteran, I'm a monster.

gigi

Atom
Nebulae
tfw i dont get it but some guys is annoyed about having it :(

Jaxk

Quark
Nebulae
I think the text is 'mildly' insulting to what was a community that brought us all together. It should be something a bit more cheerful imo. Something to remember the good times we as a community had there.

Also are people manually given 'veteran' status?

Reactions: List

Chester

custom title
Nebulae
im a lemonpunch vet, in the bottom of my dresser sits a collection of roleplay medals, they were awarded to me as a acknowledgement of my service in the lp marine corps. Yet, their only purpose is to remind me of what I did, the horrors... The /mes were so brutal, we didn't know who was malicious and who was just a gold member, so we just pk'd them indiscriminately with gbombs, guns and even our bare hands. I'm not a veteran, I'm a monster.
every time i see the trophy i have flashbacks

Jamie

Legion
Head Staff
Media Developer
Nebulae
Stolen valour!

Kidding, you're still a veteran :)

`impulse

Head Staff
Nebulae
I think the text is 'mildly' insulting to what was a community that brought us all together. It should be something a bit more cheerful imo. Something to remember the good times we as a community had there.
What do you suggest?

Also are people manually given 'veteran' status?
Nah, it's given to everyone on the site at the moment. I figured that pretty much everyone were lemonpunch users anyway.

D

Deleted member 225

the text aint offensive at all whatchu on fam, just a bit o banter

pudsey

Electron
Nebulae
No, keep it as a trophy.

If it becomes a tag, then everyone has it, and it stops becoming special.
I mean come on the only reason people want something more than a trophy is so they can be recognised as 'a special member'
but if everyone has it, it ain't special

trophies are fine.

Jaxk

Quark
Nebulae
What do you suggest?

I'm not saying it's offensive really, but the part about the remains is more of what I was talking about. If you were a veteran then you probably had some input on the community in some way or another, no matter how big or small. I think I'd rather look at that trophy and get a nice reminder from it than one of dead/remains sort of thing. Especially since it went down hill so suddenly.

Nah, it's given to everyone on the site at the moment. I figured that pretty much everyone were lemonpunch users anyway.

Ah, okay.

Kaine

Quark
Nebulae
let me take you back
this was back in '15, august, i was part of the 3/9 gold members infantry regiment, we were heading into quick thread valley, heavy shitposting activity back then. we had to clear 'em out.
so we were rolling back the pages, open field, suddenly up ahead, a bait-thread village, lotsa newbies running around up there.
and then it came, a shitpost, we saw the flash, came from the thread. one of my friends picked it up, it was a stock photo, 5.56-shitpost caliber, he burnt his hand and he dropped it.
our sergeant major ordered us to halt, get behind some rocks, sure enough he was calling a CM airstrike on the thread, we were gonna lock it.
so it blows up, and we roll in, amongst the dead we only find innocent hl2rpers, and then suddenly, 'posts have been made on this thread since you last viewed' i turn to my left, fire 2 dumb ratings straight into the shitposters head. only when i check the body. it was a finlay russell
i killed a gold member
and here i stand, with you people having the gut to give me a medal for it.
i'm a roleplay criminal
i deserve the chair, not a medal ceremony

D

Deleted member 225

let me take you back
this was back in '15, august, i was part of the 3/9 gold members infantry regiment, we were heading into quick thread valley, heavy shitposting activity back then. we had to clear 'em out.
so we were rolling back the pages, open field, suddenly up ahead, a bait-thread village, lotsa newbies running around up there.
and then it came, a shitpost, we saw the flash, came from the thread. one of my friends picked it up, it was a stock photo, 5.56-shitpost caliber, he burnt his hand and he dropped it.
our sergeant major ordered us to halt, get behind some rocks, sure enough he was calling a CM airstrike on the thread, we were gonna lock it.
so it blows up, and we roll in, amongst the dead we only find innocent hl2rpers, and then suddenly, 'posts have been made on this thread since you last viewed' i turn to my left, fire 2 dumb ratings straight into the shitposters head. only when i check the body. it was a finlay russell
i killed a gold member
and here i stand, with you people having the gut to give me a medal for it.
i'm a roleplay criminal
i deserve the chair, not a medal ceremony
thats all? hmphh... aint gonna go into detail but you aint seen the full extent of war kid. Not until you see dog erp... not until - oh god...

Ranosh

Proton
B A N N E D
Nebulae
I'm not saying it's offensive really, but the part about the remains is more of what I was talking about. If you were a veteran then you probably had some input on the community in some way or another, no matter how big or small. I think I'd rather look at that trophy and get a nice reminder from it than one of dead/remains sort of thing. Especially since it went down hill so suddenly.
it pretty much cheers me up because it reminds me of LP's death