Serious LGBT Thread

Zombine

DevelopersDevelopersDevelop
Nebulae
ah yes here we go, yet another denied application
"We appreciate that you took the time to apply for Software Developer - Entry Level - Austin, TX. This role is highly competitive, and we’ve received applications from many incredible individuals. After reviewing your submitted application materials, we regret to inform you that we will not be moving forward in the selection process at this time but would like to thank you for allowing us to learn about your skills and accomplishments."
but i have a degree shouldn't that guarantee me a great job???

Reactions: List

bubblegum

you should see me in a crown
Nebulae
is america safe for anyone
plus i mean i live on fucking TERF island so im hoping to move to scotland when/if they get independence

Safe for LGBT people? Depends. In my state, you can have three genders on your license / passport without any sort of letter. Name change requires court, but you can avoid putting it through the newspaper if you're transgender. You can change your birth certificate by just showing a letter from your doctor to a judge IIRC, not 100 percent sure. I see trans people every so often. I don't think hate crimes in progressive areas are that common. We don't have mainstream transphobia in our media, as we don't really have TERFs. Transphobia is hidden behind religion, not feminism here.

Postal

Molecule
Nebulae
Safe for LGBT people? Depends. In my state, you can have three genders on your license / passport without any sort of letter. Name change requires court, but you can avoid putting it through the newspaper if you're transgender. You can change your birth certificate by just showing a letter from your doctor to a judge IIRC, not 100 percent sure. I see trans people every so often. I don't think hate crimes in progressive areas are that common. We don't have mainstream transphobia in our media, as we don't really have TERFs. Transphobia is hidden behind religion, not feminism here.

las vegas is horrible

Deleted member 442

Molecule
B A N N E D
Nebulae
Safe for LGBT people? Depends if you're white + in poverty or not.

FTFY, your treatment as an LGBT person in the US largely varies by class and skin color. Middle class white trans people don't have it nearly as bad as black or latino trans people, for example.

Frankly, if you're white and LGBT in the states you're going to be relatively fine these days. Like yeahhhh there's some work to do, but it's a vast improvement over 10 years ago.

bubblegum

Nebulae
FTFY, your treatment as an LGBT person in the US largely varies by class and skin color. Middle class white trans people don't have it nearly as bad as black or latino trans people, for example.

Frankly, if you're white and LGBT in the states you're going to be relatively fine these days. Like yeahhhh there's some work to do, but it's a vast improvement over 10 years ago.

For sure. I should've acknowledged that. I figure most people here are white tho.

bubblegum

Nebulae
playing my video, inviting me on the show.

you just wanted to make fun of me. you're just like the rest of them.

hiehna2e3bf41.jpg