Serious LGBT Thread

bubblegum

you should see me in a crown
Nebulae

This community resists any form of censorship. Telling them they can’t say something or shouldn’t say something will just make them say it more.

We’ve had this discussion before on this thread. It was ‘decided’ that trap directed to a trans woman is a slur no matter what, but that there’s was a distinction between traps and transwomen. I don’t really agree, and I think the lines are more blurry than what people think, but whatever.

Blackquill

Administrator
Head Staff
Nebulae
This community resists any form of censorship. Telling them they can’t say something or shouldn’t say something will just make them say it more.

We’ve had this discussion before on this thread. It was ‘decided’ that trap directed to a trans woman is a slur no matter what, but that there’s was a distinction between traps and transwomen. I don’t really agree, and I think the lines are more blurry than what people think, but whatever.
Prolly the most ironic thing i've ever heard

and not because of what your message is, but because half the forum cries censorship whenever we remove a shitty meme

this forum is apparently both

bubblegum

Nebulae
Prolly the most ironic thing i've ever heard

and not because of what your message is, but because half the forum cries censorship whenever we remove a shitty meme

this forum is apparently both

Gamers yearn to be free, even if that freedom means racist and transphobic memes in serious discussions.

Deleted member 442

Molecule
B A N N E D
Nebulae
The slur "trap" hasn't gotten anyone killed. Not yet at least. It's dumb internet shitposter slang for something otakus jerk off to. That being said, we shouuuuuuld probably stop using it before it gets to that point like "tranny" has. Or y'know "faggot" or the ol fashioned n-word has.

Reactions: List

bubblegum

Nebulae
The slur "trap" hasn't gotten anyone killed. Not yet at least. It's dumb internet shitposter slang for something otakus jerk off to. That being said, we shouuuuuuld probably stop using it before it gets to that point like "tranny" has. Or y'know "faggot" or the ol fashioned n-word has.

The term trap is a painful reminder to some trans people about the trans panic defense, that has been used to get killers off. It implies that trans women have tricked or trapped men into romantic or sexual situations.

Deleted member 442

Molecule
B A N N E D
Nebulae
The term trap is a painful reminder to some trans people about the trans panic defense, that has been used to get killers off. It implies that trans women have tricked or trapped men into romantic or sexual situations.

i'm aware of that. glad to know we both watched the same contrapoints video lol.

but trap is still not nearly as bad as shemale, tranny, faggot, or dyke. it's a pretty internet centric word by weeby neets and just doesn't have nearly the same amount of weight to it.

yes it's a bad word but literally no one, ever, has stood up and yelled "GET THAT TRAP AND KILL/BEAT EM" like the other slurs have been actually used.

idk, it's not something i'd waste breath calling someone out on a forum over a rating over lol postal is just one big walking developmental disorder

bubblegum

Nebulae
I think that if you ever felt the fear of “hes flirting with me but does he know I’m trans? If he ever finds out, he could kill me?” then that shit would not be funny or cute at all. Trans women are very commonly victims of violence just for existing.

Deleted member 442

Molecule
B A N N E D
Nebulae
i just think going "it's gotten people killed" is an overreation to the word "trap" because that's literally not the case.

it's hurtful and offensive, depending on who you ask given the bleedthrough with crossdressers, but it hasn't gotten THAT far yet.

bubblegum

Nebulae
Can this thread go a single day without an argument

@HBaguette has a right to bring it up. This is an LGBT thread and she was venting about people being transphobic. We should stop arguing about it and just give her the solidarity she needs. It's sad that when trans rights come up, suddenly their safe existence is up for debate. Would be nice if people could just enjoy their time at the community without fearing being called out for something they can't control.

i'm aware of that. glad to know we both watched the same contrapoints video lol.

idk, it's not something i'd waste breath calling someone out on a forum over a rating over lol postal is just one big walking developmental disorder

I listen to the experience of minorities, and pretty much every single trans person I've ever met has been against the term trap. It's something that upsets them, so I'm going to be against the use of it. I've never referred to anyone by that nor will I ever. And lol I ignored postal and my experience on the forums is sooo much better.

i just think going "it's gotten people killed" is an overreation to the word "trap" because that's literally not the case.

it's hurtful and offensive, depending on who you ask given the bleedthrough with crossdressers, but it hasn't gotten THAT far yet.

This is a weird hill to die on. Lots of slurs, compared to others, aren't 'as bad', but they're still bad.

Mute

`impulse-approved
Nebulae
@HBaguette has a right to bring it up. This is an LGBT thread and she was venting about people being transphobic. We should stop arguing about it and just give her the solidarity she needs. It's sad that when trans rights come up, suddenly their safe existence is up for debate. Would be nice if people could just enjoy their time at the community without fearing being called out for something they can't control.
i mean that's fine and I support her but she could vent and say whatever she wants to without people starting an argument about a word christ, if lgbt people find it offensive then just dont say it simple as that, if it offends someone it offends someone, if it doesnt offend others it doesnt

bubblegum

Nebulae
i mean that's fine and I support her but she could vent and say whatever she wants to without starting an argument about a word christ

She didn't start an argument initially. She vented and someone rated her dumb. Idk I wouldn't have commented about it but it would sting.

Deleted member 442

Molecule
B A N N E D
Nebulae

I listen to the experience of minorities, and pretty much every single trans person I've ever met has been against the term trap. It's something that upsets them, so I'm going to be against the use of it. I've never referred to anyone by that nor will I ever. And lol I ignored postal and my experience on the forums is sooo much better.

This is a weird hill to die on. Lots of slurs, compared to others, aren't 'as bad', but they're still bad.

don't get me wrong, i don't think we should use it, i go out of the way to tell people in my social circles to not use it. i just think some reactions to it are overblown.

bubblegum

Nebulae
don't get me wrong, i don't think we should use it, i go out of the way to tell people in my social circles to not use it. i just think some reactions to it are overblown.

The mentality that transwomen are trapping men gets people killed. Literally no, the word 'trap' doesn't get people killed any more than the word 'tranny' does. The idea that a transwoman's existence and appearance is a 'trap' however does 100 percent get people killed.

Husky

Nebulae
Downloaded tinder like 3 hours ago and now meeting up with a non-binary afab lesbian who kissed me like 6 years ago and she's spending two nights at my house.

Okay, this is epic.

Honestly hyped to meet up with her again, she needs a place to stay and I offered for the weekend while I'm home.