Serious LGBT Thread

bubblegum

you should see me in a crown
Nebulae
Yes but what's the difference between mexican cuisine and tex mex, for instance?

Tex-Mex is a fusion of Mexican and American cuisine, largely as a result of Tejano culture (Texans of Mexican heritage). It first came into existence when settlers began moving into what is now Texas and encountered Mexican culture. As more Americans settled in the area, Mexican food became more and more popular, and they began adding their own twists (like using ground beef).

The most notable difference between Tex-Mex and Mexican food is the difference in ingredients used. One of the definite marks of Tex-Mex is the use of yellow cheese. In Mexico, only white cheese is used, so if you see some cheddar on your plate you know it's Tex-Mex!

Another distinction between Tex-Mex vs Mexican food is in the spices used to flavor the food. Cumin is used all the time in Tex-Mex.

Tex-Mex doesn't have many variations in its cuisine, but it's a delicious blend of cultures. Many of its foods are staples in restaurants, like queso. Other well known dishes include: chili con carne, which is spicy stew made with ground beef, beans, and tomatoes; fajitas, which is grilled meat and veggies; and chimichangas, which are deep-fried burritos.

Reactions: List

Señor Jaggles

Local Spaniard
Nebulae
Tex-Mex is a fusion of Mexican and American cuisine, largely as a result of Tejano culture (Texans of Mexican heritage). It first came into existence when settlers began moving into what is now Texas and encountered Mexican culture. As more Americans settled in the area, Mexican food became more and more popular, and they began adding their own twists (like using ground beef).

The most notable difference between Tex-Mex and Mexican food is the difference in ingredients used. One of the definite marks of Tex-Mex is the use of yellow cheese. In Mexico, only white cheese is used, so if you see some cheddar on your plate you know it's Tex-Mex!

Another distinction between Tex-Mex vs Mexican food is in the spices used to flavor the food. Cumin is used all the time in Tex-Mex.

Tex-Mex doesn't have many variations in its cuisine, but it's a delicious blend of cultures. Many of its foods are staples in restaurants, like queso. Other well known dishes include: chili con carne, which is spicy stew made with ground beef, beans, and tomatoes; fajitas, which is grilled meat and veggies; and chimichangas, which are deep-fried burritos.

Yeah but as I said, it's previous recipes with added extras

It doesn't have to be a bad thing, just a show of how many cultures are mixed in America (though it would be good if recipes were a little bit healthier...). That said, maybe native Americans have native dishes? I'm curious

Deleted member 3713

My dick way too small to have y’all on it.
Nebulae

It doesn't have to be a bad thing, just a show of how many cultures are mixed in America (though it would be good if recipes were a little bit healthier...). That said, maybe native Americans have native dishes? I'm curious
they do. Native american dishes are actually very similar to traditional mexican, but depends on where youre at. In washington state the Yakima tribe has some really good salmon dishes

bubblegum

Nebulae

thats a silly way to look at it lol

yeah native americans have native dishes. yum

@la goblina what sword did you practise?

im a sword lesbian in training

Zombine

DevelopersDevelopersDevelop
Nebulae
best scrambled egg recipe
2x eggs, whisked in bowl
2x Tsp. chopped chives
1x Tsp. diced minced garlic (i put more in cause i love garlic)
pinch of salt and pepper

cook on medium heat
while cooking add 1 slice of Velveeta or American cheese, ripped to pieces first
stir and melt

very creamy good scrambled eggs.

Deleted member 3713

My dick way too small to have y’all on it.
Nebulae
best scrambled egg recipe
2x eggs, whisked in bowl
2x Tsp. chopped chives
1x Tsp. diced minced garlic (i put more in cause i love garlic)
pinch of salt and pepper

cook on medium heat
while cooking add 1 slice of Velveeta or American cheese, ripped to pieces first
stir and melt

very creamy good scrambled eggs.
Add butter

Pict

Scottish Highlander
Nebulae
dduxpuz-66a0c12c-bc34-43bc-b11a-e194f60a8d63.png

borger.

Señor Jaggles

Local Spaniard
Nebulae
they do. Native american dishes are actually very similar to traditional mexican, but depends on where youre at. In washington state the Yakima tribe has some really good salmon dishes

Hey that sounds pretty damn nice I'll probably browse for some cool recipes myself
[doublepost=1586991550][/doublepost]
thats a silly way to look at it lol

So taking recipes from the many cultures that were and are present in America and modifying them to give them your own country's special touch is silly? Americanized Chinese food is silly?

Guess I'll scream in the ear of whoever dares to add chorizo to paella next time then for changing the Sacred Recipes of Mediterranean Culture.

yeah native americans have native dishes. yum

I will probably try to pull one of those off one of these days, now that I have extra time.

bubblegum

Nebulae
So taking recipes from the many cultures that were and are present in America and modifying them to give them your own country's special touch is silly? Americanized Chinese food is silly?

no i mean just adding hot sauce on top of pizza is technically 'just adding ingredients' but tex-mex has been around for quite a long time and is pretty refined. its more than just adding ingredients. how things are cooked, presented, and how things are even eaten varies. iirc mexican food doesn't always involve chips and queso like tex mex does

Deleted member 442

Molecule
B A N N E D
Nebulae
i may not have gotten sonic

but i did shamelessly eat an entire cherry pie on my own.

you guys can argue now, i just wanted to share what i ate.

Señor Jaggles

Local Spaniard
Nebulae
no i mean just adding hot sauce on top of pizza is technically 'just adding ingredients' but tex-mex has been around for quite a long time and is pretty refined. its more than just adding ingredients. how things are cooked, presented, and how things are even eaten varies. iirc mexican food doesn't always involve chips and queso like tex mex does

I mean of course it'd be refined but in the end the recipes do have a common origin and it's easy to notice.

Also is there a difference between cheese and queso? Or do you guys use either word depending of the context? (Like, is it related to a type of cheese you guys call cheese in Spanish -queso- or is it related to the fact we're talking about tex-mex?).

i may not have gotten sonic

but i did shamelessly eat an entire cherry pie on my own.

you guys can argue now, i just wanted to share what i ate.

That's one big of a meal dude, homgry cat

No argument dude I was merely memeing first but I'm actually curious now

bubblegum

Nebulae
Also is there a difference between cheese and queso?

Chile con queso has a whole bunch of shit in it, depending on what you want. Realistically I guess you could just do Velveeta and pico but I prefer high quality tex mex chips and dips.

bubblegum

Nebulae
I was just asking like, is queso a specific type of cheese or just cheese?

chile con queso can be a lot of cheeses tbh and its literally the best thing in the world. theres this really good tex mex place called chuys thats in the south, midwest, and east coast and hnnng.

for fast food texmex i like qdoba, their queso hits different

5a299ed48a49861f008b479d