Serious LGBT Thread

D

Deleted member 3818

op to make people mad and people will get mad and not just ignore it
I don't think it's inherently indented to bait people or to be transphobic, I feel like it's somewhat justified and brings up some good points about the current sexual culture we have. But it depends, if you're just using it as a means to be toxic then yeah that's no good.

D

Deleted member 1974

I don't think it's inherently indented to bait people or to be transphobic, I feel like it's somewhat justified and brings up some good points about the current sexual culture we have. But it depends, if you're just using it as a means to be toxic then yeah that's no good.
isn't it literally a 4chan psyop lmao
[doublepost=1615517263][/doublepost]

Well that wasn't hard

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 1974

mostly bait, and people end up falling for it hook line and sinker

the actual idea of it is fine though, people will shag who they wanna shag
I honestly think there shouldn't be a pride movement for ppl excluding trans ppl as if they weren't "real women" (which is abstract and subjective in itself). There's a difference between having a sexual preference like lesbian or homosexual which doesn't actively deny the legitimacy of someone else's identity with its existence, so to anyone who might ask "What's the difference between being gay and being superstraight?" There's your answer. Keep your sexual preferences, but don't make an entire hurtful identity around it. Trans people already suffer being accepted as they are, there is no reason to further societal pressure against them.
[doublepost=1615517647][/doublepost]
seems like a way to demonize the whole thing to me
Good.

Reactions: List

Trains

ms paint artist extraordinaire
HL2 RP Administrator
Nebulae
seems like a way to demonize the whole thing to me.
it literally is

image0.png

D

Deleted member 3818

it literally is

image0.png
it pisses me off man, because I think there is a legitimate need to oppose progressivism when it starts getting out of hand but it just instantly puts you in the same boat as nazis. and both sides will be sure to try and push you as far into that extreme as possible.

D

Deleted member 1974

it pisses me off man, because I think there is a legitimate need to oppose progressivism when it starts getting out of hand but it just instantly puts you in the same boat as nazis. and both sides will be sure to try and push you as far into that extreme as possible.
What about superstraight opposes progressivism?

GenericPlayer

i like firetruck and moster truck
Nebulae
seems like a way to demonize the whole thing to me, I can't find anything that proves this aside from it simply being discussed and memed about on 4chan. and regardless I think the points it brings up are still valid either way.
it started as a tiktok thing and then it got memed by 4chan into popularity

there's a few threads on pol about it, ignoring the language it's an attempt to take the piss out of lgbt activists, more specifically trans activists, so it's bait, they're posting it on twitter and trying to make it look legitimate by using the same terms/phrasing as other activists and then some folk think they're being serious and agree with them, snowballs from there

it's one of those things that probably won't leave 4chan and twitter tho

ButtonLip

I really was wilbur whateley the whole time
Nebulae
There's very little food in my house so I ate some sliced turkey and drank wine until I'm not hungry anymore

ButtonLip

I really was wilbur whateley the whole time
Nebulae
3:24 AM and only bepsis and banana's

atleast there was honey to put on toast
Banana is of the golden path, wonderful snack and good for mind / body / soul

D

Deleted member 3818

What about superstraight opposes progressivism?
the idea that if you're straight but wouldn't date a trans woman makes you transphobic. I think most people would disagree with that statement but it's tricky because even though it may only be a minority of radicals who believe this, I fear that if left unopposed it will slowly and quietly become a social norm, or at least one that is enforced by progressive culture even if not actually widely believed in.
[doublepost=1615520419][/doublepost]
it started as a tiktok thing and then it got memed by 4chan into popularity

there's a few threads on pol about it, ignoring the language it's an attempt to take the piss out of lgbt activists, more specifically trans activists, so it's bait, they're posting it on twitter and trying to make it look legitimate by using the same terms/phrasing as other activists and then some folk think they're being serious and agree with them, snowballs from there

it's one of those things that probably won't leave 4chan and twitter tho
and this is where things go wrong because the opposition to it is immediately hijacked and tainted by alt-right radicals. And so even though it is by all means a very moderate take, it suddenly becomes a right wing take to have. or to better put it if you are openly vocal about it.

D

Deleted member 1974

the idea that if you're straight but wouldn't date a trans woman makes you transphobic. I think most people would disagree with that statement but it's tricky because even though it may only be a minority of radicals who believe this, I fear that if left unopposed it will slowly and quietly become a social norm, or at least one that is enforced by progressive culture even if not actually widely believed in.
No one said progressivism is when you're transphobic for not dating someone who's trans. Reacting to that notion by creating a "pride" movement that actively segregates transgender women from 'biological' women, biology being abstract to begin with, thus putting even more social pressure and feelings of invalidity on a group that faces so much discrimination, misunderstanding, and hatred on a day-to-day basis is not the way to go about things. You can simply be a person who has that preference without making it into a harmful movement, and I would wager that your average working fellow wouldn't consider themself superstraight just because they don't prefer trans people. Straight people are not oppressed by any means, superstraight people do not need a platform, because nothing is imposing on them. If a 'minority of radicals' believes it, that's all the more reason not to turn it into a popular movement, because barely anyone actually gives a shit, and it only breeds hate and gives shelter to people who are actually transphobic. It creates an us vs. them mentality. Superstraight is by definition a reactionary movement, created by people who feel imposed upon by the new developments in gender and sexuality.

MaXenzie

Sexually attracted to robots
Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
to have a sexuality that is based on what you wouldnt fuck is the antithesis of what a sexuality is
Super straight is stupid, you’re just straight, whether you’re into trans people or not

there’s nothing inherently wrong in not wanting to date a trans person, same as not wanting to date the same sex or someone of another culture or race or political/religious leaning
but sexualities are primarily focused on what you are into, not what you’re excluding

D

Deleted member 1974

ngl I think that was kinda present before shit bait like 'Superstraight' showed up.
You're right, I mean, look at TERFs. Deepening that us vs. them mentality, though, is bad, and I should've probably phrased it as deepening, rather than creating. I can't fathom a well-meaning person identifying with the bait, though. It's just a light for reactionary moths to crowd to. There's nothing inherently wrong with being someone with those preferences, obviously, because people ought to feel free to love whoever they want, but it's like creating a platform that emphasizes free speech. There's nothing inherently wrong with such a platform, but you know who it's gonna market itself to, who's gonna flock to it, and what it's gonna become right off the bat.