Serious LGBT Thread

D

Deleted member 3818

No one said progressivism is when you're transphobic for not dating someone who's trans.
It is a progressive belief on the extreme side.
Reacting to that notion by creating a "pride" movement that actively segregates transgender women from 'biological' women, biology being abstract to begin with, thus putting even more social pressure and feelings of invalidity on a group that faces so much discrimination, misunderstanding, and hatred on a day-to-day basis is not the way to go about things. You can simply be a person who has that preference without making it into a harmful movement, and I would wager that your average working fellow wouldn't consider themself superstraight just because they don't prefer trans people. Straight people are not oppressed by any means, superstraight people do not need a platform, because nothing is imposing on them.
Well I disagree, not necessarily just straight people but anybody who holds beliefs that are deemed socially unacceptable by progressive culture do face discrimination, misunderstanding and hatred on a day to day basis as well. Because even though these progressive radicals are seemingly a minority, they have constructed this social machine which targets those who oppose it. The victims of which often are harassed into silence and ostracized from society.
If a 'minority of radicals' believes it, that's all the more reason not to turn it into a popular movement, because barely anyone actually gives a shit, and it only breeds hate and gives shelter to people who are actually transphobic. It creates an us vs. them mentality. Superstraight is by definition a reactionary movement, created by people who feel imposed upon by the new developments in gender and sexuality.
But the problem is that the radical minority have an absurd amount of influence over the social narrative. If left unopposed these ideas which we may consider extreme today will become the norm. It's a shame that there are hateful people out there who seek to manipulate it to serve their own hateful beliefs but that doesn't immediately invalidate it.

Reactions: List
D

Deleted member 1974

It is a progressive belief on the extreme side.

Well I disagree, not necessarily just straight people but anybody who holds beliefs that are deemed socially unacceptable by progressive culture do face discrimination, misunderstanding and hatred on a day to day basis as well. Because even though these progressive radicals are seemingly a minority, they have constructed this social machine which targets those who oppose it. The victims of which often are harassed into silence and ostracized from society.

But the problem is that the radical minority have an absurd amount of influence over the social narrative. If left unopposed these ideas which we may consider extreme today will become the norm. It's a shame that there are hateful people out there who seek to manipulate it to serve their own hateful beliefs but that doesn't immediately invalidate it.
Are you really gonna play the "uh-- we face discrimination too, ackshually" whataboutism card and just ignore the struggles of transgender people? I doubt that you have suicide statistics shoved into your face and your very being dismissed by people who are filled with disgust and contempt and hatred for people like you, not just your political opinions, but your personhood. Your struggle is not ours. Sure, you may not be superstraight, but you're certainly of some standing that forces you to be ambiguous. For some blessed reason I feel like... maybe you're arguing in bad faith? What even is 'progressive culture?' An umbrella term for you to use whenever something you disagree with sprouts up? The same buzzword as 'cultural marxism?' You fail to identify who exactly is the target of this 'progressive culture.' Who's the radical minority? For what purpose does the radical minority seek to invalidate your specific opinions, because let's be honest, you're certainly of this group who feels victimized by these conspirators, and frankly, your mindset seems fascistic.
[doublepost=1615529575][/doublepost]To elaborate, I draw my definition of fascism, and fascistic mindsets from Umberto Eco.

D

Deleted member 3818

Are you really gonna play the "uh-- we face discrimination too, ackshually" whataboutism card and just ignore the struggles of transgender people? I doubt that you have suicide statistics shoved into your face and your very being dismissed by people who are filled with disgust and contempt and hatred for people like you, not just your political opinions, but your personhood. Your struggle is not ours.
I'm pointing out how this goes beyond just gender, sexuality and whatever else, that it is but a small piece in the wider culture clash that is going on and it doesn't matter if you're lgbt or not, you can fall victim to it all the same.
Sure, you may not be superstraight, but you're certainly of some standing that forces you to be ambiguous. For some blessed reason I feel like... maybe you're arguing in bad faith?
I'm not sure exactly what you mean but personally I'm down to date a trans woman if that's what you're implying. And I'm just arguing my opinion, same as you.
What even is 'progressive culture?' An umbrella term for you to use whenever something you disagree with sprouts up? The same buzzword as 'cultural marxism?' You fail to identify who exactly is the target of this 'progressive culture.' Who's the radical minority? For what purpose does the radical minority seek to invalidate your specific opinions, because let's be honest, you're certainly of this group who feels victimized by these conspirators, and frankly, your mindset seems fascistic.
I don't think I need to explain cancel culture, I'm sure we're all well aware of it by now. Personally I haven't really fallen victim to it, but there are many that have and I believe it to be one of the largest threats facing western society. And no I'm not a facist.

NightLock

LightKey's Evil twin
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
thoughts on super straight?
Excuse for transphobia.

No, not because they don’t date trans folk. It’s because the reason they don’t is that “They’re not real women” (as it is focused on trans women most the time.) That statement is transphobic. Not dating trans people is like... I can kinda get it, even though I disagree with it personally. Saying that they’re not really the gender that they feel comfortable with is just infuriating quite honestly.

Also, trying to gaslight the LGBT community into thinking they are also part of the alphabet mafia. Not dating trans people doesn’t make you special. It doesn’t make you remotely discriminated against, hell it does the opposite.

I also really really really want to believe that it is just a joke but I’m taking it seriously just because of what it represents, and that some people will probably actually associate themselves with it.

constantdisplay

nokia talk 2002
Nebulae
if you dont want to date a trans person because "they arent a real man/woman," they're all ugly, etc ur a transphobe

if you dont want to date a trans person because you arent attracted to them specifically or you arent into opposite genitals, that's fine

most of this super straight stuff seems to be rooted in the stereotype that trans people are ugly crossdressers who are now trying to force themselves on cis guys/lesbians when that's not the case

it would be almost funny to see how fragile some cis guys are about being remotely attracted to passing trans women (without knowing they're trans), if that wasn't the mentality that gets trans people murdered and beaten

D

Deleted member 1974

NightLock and constantdisplay put it best. You should not affiliate yourself with a reactionary movement seeking to hurt the self image of a group of people, their reasoning simply rooted in disgust. I assure you that if we educated our children and allowed them to explore their identity without imposing gender or sex on them, then there would be no such thing as 'superstraight.' Superstraight is a movement of paranoia within the capitalist framework, another dying breath of bigotry. If you can justify to yourself sympathizing with a movement that blatantly hurts people, then you've been far too desensitized by the internet. I'm against all forms of pain inflicted on other people, no matter what spectrum of politics, what gender, what race, or what sexuality. I'm on the side of life.

Deleted member 374

jesus christ denton
Nebulae
Well I disagree, not necessarily just straight people but anybody who holds beliefs that are deemed socially unacceptable by progressive culture do face discrimination, misunderstanding and hatred on a day to day basis as well.
your actions, your beliefs are qualities of your character. if your actions or beliefs are not considered good, then others will naturally treat you as they see you. i personally don't much care when some hyperconservative superstraight douchebag gets gobbled up by the public. he made the choice to not better himself. he made the choice to give in to those beliefs. willful ignorance is not an identity and it's not something you get to cry about when the greater body politic of the world decides they've had enough. doubly so if you're vocal about it in the case of these superstraight douchebags.

yes, big chungus, i will discriminate against superstraights and their ilk. i'm not going to afford the same respect to them that i afford to other people because they through their stupidity have lost it.

jimbo 2

Electron
Nebulae
Never seen someone who wasn't a goblin call themselves superstraight, it actually sounds like a five year old came up with it because his mate called him gay. Superstraight ppl are fragile

D

Deleted member 3818

your actions, your beliefs are qualities of your character. if your actions or beliefs are not considered good, then others will naturally treat you as they see you. i personally don't much care when some hyperconservative superstraight douchebag gets gobbled up by the public. he made the choice to not better himself. he made the choice to give in to those beliefs. willful ignorance is not an identity and it's not something you get to cry about when the greater body politic of the world decides they've had enough. doubly so if you're vocal about it in the case of these superstraight douchebags.

yes, big chungus, i will discriminate against superstraights and their ilk. i'm not going to afford the same respect to them that i afford to other people because they through their stupidity have lost it.
I'm not gonna sit here pretend like a good chunk of those who get cancelled maybe probably deserve it, but a lot also don't. Say or do the wrong thing, make one mistake, give one take too hot and it could be you. You get slapped with a label that outcasts you from society, you lose your job and ability to be hired thereafter potentially ruining you and your families lives. That just isn't right and it worries me how much further it could go.

NightLock

LightKey's Evil twin
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
I'm not gonna sit here pretend like a good chunk of those who get cancelled maybe probably deserve it, but a lot also don't. Say or do the wrong thing, make one mistake, give one take too hot and it could be you. You get slapped with a label that outcasts you from society, you lose your job and ability to be hired thereafter potentially ruining you and your families lives. That just isn't right and it worries me how much further it could go.

Like... most of the time when someone is cancelled it’s kept to the online sphere unless they said something especially horrid or they’re famous.

Who else has a label that outcasts them from society that they can’t control? Who can lose their jobs for being themselves? Who else can have their lives ruined and families hate them?

If you’re going to propagate homophobia, transphobia, or anything like that, learn to walk a mile in our shoes. (Not you as in, you specifically, just, the concept of these cancelled people)

The difference is, they choose their views and choose not to educate themselves. LGBT peeps don’t have that choice.

D

Deleted member 1974

You have to treat them nice and gentle
Do nothing rash, they're sensitive
You must be somewhat sentimental
Respectful of the way they live
Don't let your dogs attack them on the street
Embrace the fascists where you may meet

If they should call for hate or violence
Just let them talk, it is their right
And keep your protestations silent
You wouldn't want to start a fight
For fighting is what they do best
Embrace the fascists and you'll be blessed

And if they fire their guns upon you
Is life so precious in your eyes?
You would be sheep with wolves around you
Why not be gladly victimized?
And if you feel inside your guts
The Nazi dagger's blade
Embrace the fascists that you have made

No, I do not believe that people who foster ignorance and hate should have a platform, no matter where they affiliate themselves politically. I will gladly watch the soapbox of a bigot be swiped from right under them.

D

Deleted member 3818

Like... most of the time when someone is cancelled it’s kept to the online sphere unless they said something especially horrid or they’re famous.
not at all, this can and does happen to anyone that triggers the machine. and that trigger can be very light.
Who else has a label that outcasts them from society that they can’t control? Who can lose their jobs for being themselves? Who else can have their lives ruined and families hate them?

If you’re going to propagate homophobia, transphobia, or anything like that, learn to walk a mile in our shoes. (Not you as in, you specifically, just, the concept of these cancelled people)

The difference is, they choose their views and choose not to educate themselves. LGBT peeps don’t have that choice.
like sure maybe it'd be okay if it was somehow just limited to actual bigots, but the reality is that it's just not.

NightLock

LightKey's Evil twin
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
not at all, this can and does happen to anyone that triggers the machine. and that trigger can be very light.
Cool, show me.

Also 'The Machine'? You make it sound so Orwellian.

Sure, some people do get set off by the tiniest things. So do some of the 'ists' and 'phobes' though. It's not contained to only the 'SJW snowflakes'. I mean come on, bring up a trans woman wanting to use a bathroom and the majority scream bloody murder.

D

Deleted member 3818

Cool, show me.

Also 'The Machine'? You make it sound so Orwellian.

Sure, some people do get set off by the tiniest things. So do some of the 'ists' and 'phobes' though. It's not contained to only the 'SJW snowflakes'. I mean come on, bring up a trans woman wanting to use a bathroom and the majority scream bloody murder.
here's one example

NightLock

LightKey's Evil twin
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
here's one example

Like I said, some people will always take offense to anything,

Personally I think erasing history is silly - it happened and it should be written and observes and studied. It is left very muddied what this guy... said though besides 'Vikings had a culture.' which seems obvious?

Nonetheless we weren't really discussing something like this, which is connected to facts and such. More focused on how people feel. There's a big difference in the past being brushed away and someone having the opinion that a group of people shouldn't have the same rights as themselves.

D

Deleted member 3818

Like I said, some people will always take offense to anything,

Personally I think erasing history is silly - it happened and it should be written and observes and studied. It is left very muddied what this guy... said though besides 'Vikings had a culture.' which seems obvious?

Nonetheless we weren't really discussing something like this, which is connected to facts and such. More focused on how people feel. There's a big difference in the past being brushed away and someone having the opinion that a group of people shouldn't have the same rights as themselves.
alright a different example then, how about the guy who made the first video on superstraight

do you believe that this person is such a horrible bigot that both him and his mother deserve to receive death threats and be bombarded with harrasment?

NightLock

LightKey's Evil twin
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
mother deserve to receive death threats and be bombarded with harrasment?
No. I think that is bloody horrific. Shame on anyone that sends death threats or harassers people.

He is a bigot though, and he deserves whatever he got given in the comments of that specific tik tok. Unless it's the death threats as stated previous.

constantdisplay

nokia talk 2002
Nebulae
alright a different example then, how about the guy who made the first video on superstraight

do you believe that this person is such a horrible bigot that both him and his mother deserve to receive death threats and be bombarded with harrasment?

probably wasnt the best idea to say "trans women arent real women" when tiktok has a large lgbt userbase but death threats dont really accomplish anything

Postal

Molecule
Nebulae
hmm
that means there is super gay
super bi
and super asexual

super saiyan version of sexuality?

jimbo 2

Electron
Nebulae
hmm
that means there is super gay
super bi
and super asexual

super saiyan version of sexuality?
there are people in the comments of that tik tok vid unironically saying shit like "super lesbian here to show our support" its awesome dude