Serious LGBT Thread

Blackquill

Administrator
Head Staff
Nebulae
not true every tuesday at around 2 am a tall man in a black trenchcoat and hat would knock on my door and scratch at my windows asking me to pay the "roleplay tax" and he would stand there for a few hours. if i didnt pay it i'd get banned and had a chance to pay double next week just to play again. even if i refused to pay for a while he'd keep coming to my door

only reason im still around on neb is cause i still have to pay him every tuesday and i feel like if i dont play its just kind of a waste of money at this point
I think somebody needs to go back in the box.

Reactions: List

'77 East

`impulse-approved
Nebulae
not true every tuesday at around 2 am a tall man in a black trenchcoat and hat would knock on my door and scratch at my windows asking me to pay the "roleplay tax" and he would stand there for a few hours. if i didnt pay it i'd get banned and had a chance to pay double next week just to play again. even if i refused to pay for a while he'd keep coming to my door

only reason im still around on neb is cause i still have to pay him every tuesday and i feel like if i dont play its just kind of a waste of money at this point
rule one: never talk about the roleplay tax

expect to be paying more next tuesday

Lewis!

フローラルの専門店
Nebulae
Cannot remember for the life of me if I ever posted, but hell it's been several years, plus Nebulous is a much better place socially than it was a couple years ago.

Ya'll can add me to the ever growing list of people who exclusively played fem characters that is also now revealed to be trans.
I'd say big surprise, but I think I'd just be lying if I said that with a straight face.

If this is the first time I mentioned it, sad it took so long but it's out there now, cool stuff 😎
You played female characters in games because of a repressed gender identity

I played female characters in games because I was 14, horny and wanted to see their ass in thirdperson

We are NOT the same 🕴

Kafe

Level Design nomad
Nebulae

I played female characters in games because I was 14, horny and wanted to see their ass in thirdperson

We are NOT the same 🕴
Im not able to atm so could someone add a chad face ty.

Lewis!

フローラルの専門店
Nebulae
Im not able to atm so could someone add a chad face ty.
images

We are NOT the same 🕴
Real.

MaelRadecs

Best Damn ODST
Nebulae
So a little update since I started HRT roughly two months ago:

Changes have been occurring and fast, so much so that there's benefits and negatives to it

My parents are transphobic and forced me into a situation where I basically had to come out because they noticed some things, I'm now living out of my car homeless and shit's pretty wild honestly, got disowned and still processing everything that happened

Had to jump town due to this, real bummer honestly since work was going pretty good

Beyond that, I do have a great support system of friends that are actively helping me but it's all made me realize that this happens more often than most would think. To everyone on Neb who's going through anything similar, I feel for you and I understand how hard it is to suddenly not matter and exist to those who's love is supposed to be unconditional.

Love you guys, hope everyone is hanging in there <3

MaelRadecs

Best Damn ODST
Nebulae
An update to the above:

I'm safe, loved and living someplace new with a few very supportive people.

For those that reached out, thanks for having me in your thoughts and I look forward to staying in touch now that I can have time to process everything!

Pict

Scottish Highlander
Nebulae
Got my nails done with some pastel purple, and started to do some gay twitch streaming lately.

and been working on this big bean for my cousins birthday present.

dg7eads-282f2fa7-92dc-4cf1-9638-7233910e65c4.jpg

Sil

jus one more fing
Nebulae
genuine question

what is it about f:nv that has the trans effect? i've seen the memes about it, but from whenever i've played i've never really seen much that would directly open that stuff up to anyone (granted i'm legion to the core, see my name) and wanted to get a better understanding of it

GenericPlayer

i like firetruck and moster truck
Nebulae
genuine question

what is it about f:nv that has the trans effect? i've seen the memes about it, but from whenever i've played i've never really seen much that would directly open that stuff up to anyone (granted i'm legion to the core, see my name) and wanted to get a better understanding of it
i think it's down to the sheer amount of choices and customizability in the game. you aren't really railroaded into any one particular avenue of dealing with a situation, you don't need to pretend there's a complete good or bad guy in the game. plus there's a lot of gay, bi, etc characters in the game who are written like pretty normal human beings.

also modding probably. something something computing science stereotype.

Goatson

Guardian
Nebulae
i think it's down to the sheer amount of choices and customizability in the game. you aren't really railroaded into any one particular avenue of dealing with a situation, you don't need to pretend there's a complete good or bad guy in the game. plus there's a lot of gay, bi, etc characters in the game who are written like pretty normal human beings.

also modding probably. something something computing science stereotype.
think it also has a lot to do with simply the fact that a lot of trans people play/are fans of the game, which probably just comes down to the whole roleplaying game + popular game + the rest that you mentioned

idk i find the meme incredibly unfunny though

Sil

jus one more fing
Nebulae
think it also has a lot to do with simply the fact that a lot of trans people play/are fans of the game, which probably just comes down to the whole roleplaying game + popular game + the rest that you mentioned

idk i find the meme incredibly unfunny though
yeah, i've seen the meme a lot but i don't really 'get' it

one of them where i grew up playing the game and it's a nice childhood memory, genuinely a very significant game to me (infact without it i wouldn't be where i am now studying archaeology), and I just don't at all associate it with trans people whatsoever. there's plenty of homosexual and asexual characters in it, no doubt, and they feel like real people, so that part i absolutely get, but there are plenty of games with extensive customisation. genuinely i'd expect there to be a larger trans community tied to dwarf fortress than i would f:nv