Andrew

Atom
Nebulae
Suggestion: see abive
Why it would be worth adding: reduce time to kill
Necessary content: changing few lines

a

fix this shit

Reducing the time-to-kill overall creates less impactful combat, albeit increases player time inside of it. By increasing the time necessary to kill (and therefore, reducing the damage of bullets), this will allow players to stick around in battle more, make moves less risky, and overall make things like escaping at a distance easier, make losing things less aggravating, and push players to be more aggressive in combat, rather than the turtling we usually see.

This can be done in a multitude of ways - however.

The current weapon damage is tied to caliber, leading to having to change quite a few things - we can't simply go gun-by-gun.
It will take time. But, in the end, shall be very rewarding for combat.​

Last edited:

Pyromancer

doNT YOU KNOW how HARD DEVVING IS????
Nebulae
The current weapon damage is tied to caliber, leading to having to change quite a few things - we can't simply go gun-by-gun.
It will take time. But, in the end, shall be very rewarding for combat.
the caliber plugin, while convenient and effective (as it allows on-the-fly adjustment of values by numbers and gary directly from the tab menu), is a balancing nightmare for me because i have no say or reason over damage values anymore as they're handled by the plugin - previously, each weapon would have a point here or a point there of damage, or a few comparing semi-automatics to full-automatics to make them viable yet the way it is now there's zero chance you'd ever use something that isn't automatic even if the other option is objectively better in other circumstances

i was thinking about a damage decrease across the board when i was playing last week too, the extremely high damage of clockwork worked because of protection values and without them you're incinerated in less than a nanosecond by literally any weapon - couple this with the absolute zero feedback helix gives you when you're being shot and half the time you don't realise you're dying until you've been overkilled by at-least three hundred health

Reactions: List

STUCK IN A CAKE

Molecule
Nebulae
i was thinking about a damage decrease across the board when i was playing last week too, the extremely high damage of clockwork worked because of protection values and without them you're incinerated in less than a nanosecond by literally any weapon
I loved the UPS-M one shot headshot on anyone not wearing a suit back in cw. Satisfying to pull off as a cop when chasing someone down.

Personally, Gmod is a janky game, the weapons should adjust to that jank. I don't care if it's not 'realistic to the weapon', Garrys mod is not a realistic game. Quit turning shit into cs:go. I'd prefer shootouts to look like a scene out of the Naked Gun.

Andrew

Atom
Nebulae
I loved the UPS-M one shot headshot on anyone not wearing a suit back in cw. Satisfying to pull off as a cop when chasing someone down.

Personally, Gmod is a janky game, the weapons should adjust to that jank. I don't care if it's not 'realistic to the weapon', Garrys mod is not a realistic game. Quit turning shit into cs:go. I'd prefer shootouts to look like a scene out of the Naked Gun.
I'm in much preference to most guns having some level of viability, it's an absolute shame that things like high-powered rifles are insane
i'd love to see the obrez be a common reality, something that hits hard but doesn't forgive you for missing
pipe dream

there's many players who aren't geared for combat oocly, whom are here to focus more on the roleplay aspect, and i feel like increasing the time they're capable of sitting in combat will allow them much more wiggle-room to improve or add to each scenario
same for civilians as well, guns bop rn so giving them a few more chances in combat with piddly guns is always something that can work out
i'll always miss shooting some bald caillou-bluesuit in the face as he ran though

Pyromancer

Nebulae
guns bop rn so giving them a few more chances in combat with piddly guns is always something that can work out
this was the reason pistols had slightly higher damage than submachine guns and other automatics originally

unfortunately, the plugin fucked all that balancing up too xd

bilack

Electron
Nebulae
+support

This would make combat much more intuitive than players sitting in cover for 20 minutes afraid to peek because the time to kill is faster than the average human reaction time

Bio Junior

Nucleus
Nebulae
You want to reduce the damage of all weapons to have people be more risky? Doesn't that incite people to do otherwise dumb things and rush like they're in CSGO? That takes away the purpose of tactics. Don't agree with this, not one bit. There should be risk in a gunfight, if you're scared to get headshotted, don't get in one maybe?

Pyromancer

Nebulae
You want to reduce the damage of all weapons to have people be more risky? Doesn't that incite people to do otherwise dumb things and rush like they're in CSGO? That takes away the purpose of tactics. Don't agree with this, not one bit. There should be risk in a gunfight, if you're scared to get headshotted, don't get in one maybe?
it's less 'promoting braindead rushing' and more preventing being vaporised by any automatic weapon in 0.02 nanoseconds every single fight

i'm not suggesting it goes to impulse ass damage system where the mp7 does 8 damage a shot šŸ˜­

OskarDemus

Proton
Nebulae
I dont wanna see this shit again ngl

Pyromancer

Nebulae

this video is a little egregious as medley (the goat) was crafting lead at the time, and had one of the best prot% custom suits on the server + the old ota had insane prot and armour values too, hence why they've both tanking rcs_spas12 (literal clockwork bazooka) like it's a nerf war

wouldn't happen with how armour works in helix in general, let alone how the server does it now

just an fyi. buddy. guy. etc.

Bio Junior

Nucleus
Nebulae

this video is a little egregious as medley (the goat) was crafting lead at the time, and had one of the best prot% custom suits on the server + the old ota had insane prot and armour values too, hence why they've both tanking rcs_spas12 (literal clockwork bazooka) like it's a nerf war

wouldn't happen with how armour works in helix in general, let alone how the server does it now

just an fyi. buddy. guy. etc.
On this I agree with Pyro, old OTA had insane stats and that custom suit tanked like a mofo. But I also get what you mean.

it's less 'promoting braindead rushing' and more preventing being vaporised by any automatic weapon in 0.02 nanoseconds every single fight

i'm not suggesting it goes to impulse ass damage system where the mp7 does 8 damage a shot šŸ˜­
I know you're not suggesting that, but it feels like you're trying to put a safety net for people who want to do something dangerous without the usual consequences, "more preventing being vaporised by any automatic weapon in 0.02 nanoseconds every single fight" the solution to this is tactics, there's a reason there's a winning side on each of the fights, it's not because of luck (sometimes sure it is) but it's because the group that won employed tactics, such as chokepoints or pincer movements.

Pyromancer

Nebulae
I know you're not suggesting that, but it feels like you're trying to put a safety net for people who want to do something dangerous without the usual consequences, "more preventing being vaporised by any automatic weapon in 0.02 nanoseconds every single fight" the solution to this is tactics, there's a reason there's a winning side on each of the fights, it's not because of luck (sometimes sure it is) but it's because the group that won employed tactics, such as chokepoints or pincer movements.
i mean tactics are a little bit of a loose concept considering sprint shooting is enabled - if damage got lowered as a whole i think that'd probably have to get disabled again alongside it to stop w+m1 sector sweep half life 2 soundtrack scombine (or rebel! I Am Not Discriminate Anymore) gameplay of old tbh

Bio Junior

Nucleus
Nebulae
considering sprint shooting is enabled
Means nothing unless you're already close by, most of the shots you take while sprinting barely hit, the weapons have bullet spread last I checked, even standing still sometimes the bullets don't land on the X.

I've given my reasons as to why I don't like this suggestion and I'm against it, I can't argue much more than what I have already said (that being because I have no more arguments to present against the issue, I think I've said the important ones)

Pyromancer

Nebulae
Means nothing unless you're already close by, most of the shots you take while sprinting barely hit, the weapons have bullet spread last I checked, even standing still sometimes the bullets don't land on the X.

I've given my reasons as to why I don't like this suggestion and I'm against it, I can't argue much more than what I have already said (that being because I have no more arguments to present against the issue, I think I've said the important ones)
oh fair enough i mean i haven't played the server much nor took much combat in it since sprint shooting was enabled, just sorta assumed it was effective that's my bad and yeah i'm just spitballing my thoughts tbh, no arguments here

it good to have healthy discussions.

Bio Junior

Nucleus
Nebulae
it good to have healthy discussions.
I used the word argue in a good way, not the cunt type of way, I got no beef with you and it's always nice to have a discussion about something in a polite way, so I appreciate you for keeping it civil :D

surra

Molecule
Nebulae
but the thing is people have been whinin about the game being more 'ww3esque' but when we do this it'll just incentivize combat more because the chance of failure is less and the chance of being able to fumble a million times would just make you have an easy way in and out of fights, while adding the fact that it'll just be a waiting for backup sim on the combine side and rebel side

we will find ourselves having prolonged combat, yes, but imo i think prolonged combat is the last thing the server needs, seeing c24s fights that lasted from 3am (peak hours my time) till 8am where i have to pack up and go to class after finishing up the 6 hour standstill is something i dont wanna experience again tbh

surra

Molecule
Nebulae
i still think this is just treating the symptom of the base problem that is S2K
switching to s2rp will create a bigger plague that everybody in this community wants to win fairly rather than depending on rolls or expecting the other side to play fairly, it will never happen unless theres unanimous agreement from every player

s2rp works in small groups that you know wont act up because on neb, they most definitely will, even subconsciously

MaXenzie

Sexually attracted to robots
Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
switching to s2rp will create a bigger plague that everybody in this community wants to win fairly rather than depending on rolls or expecting the other side to play fairly, it will never happen unless theres unanimous agreement from every player

s2rp works in small groups that you know wont act up because on neb, they most definitely will, even subconsciously

thats a problem with the playerbase, not S2RP though
still waiting on the day an event server group just straight up uses 5e combat rules

@Numbers did petition me to write codified S2RP rules at one point but i didnt bother since no one would use them anyway lmao