Suggestion lower damage across the board from all guns

bilack

Electron
Nebulae
i still think this is just treating the symptom of the base problem that is S2K
s2k is a non issue as it is overall, its not like c24 where its forced upon you. gunfights are rarer now than in season 1/2, it's easier to avoid s2k

STUCK IN A CAKE

Molecule
Nebulae
@Numbers did petition me to write codified S2RP rules at one point but i didnt bother since no one would use them anyway lmao
/announcement 'Everyone roll for initiative'

everyone does an unmodified /roll d20.

You get One Attack Action, One Item Interaction (Med scripts, weapon change) and One Movement per 'Turn' (How far you can run in like 2-3 seconds).

Roll to hit, d20 plus or minus extra shit, versus target's armour class (based on suit/armour values)

Bonus to hit is based on certain predetermined factors (Rebel Cell Leaders or Phase 2 Soldiers for example). Minus to hit based on target cover or just bad positioning.

Damage is weapon dependent, but each player uses a 'wound table'. Roll damage on hits. Maybe roll a 'feel no pain' type of save for like Elites or Vorts idk

Bish bash bosh, simple

Too bad it'll likely never get used but a man can dream

Nathant18

Blue Ball
HL2 RP Server Director
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
/announcement 'Everyone roll for initiative'

everyone does an unmodified /roll d20.

You get One Attack Action, One Item Interaction (Med scripts, weapon change) and One Movement per 'Turn' (How far you can run in like 2-3 seconds).

Roll to hit, d20 plus or minus extra shit, versus target's armour class (based on suit/armour values)

Bonus to hit is based on certain predetermined factors (Rebel Cell Leaders or Phase 2 Soldiers for example). Minus to hit based on target cover or just bad positioning.

Damage is weapon dependent, but each player uses a 'wound table'. Roll damage on hits. Maybe roll a 'feel no pain' type of save for like Elites or Vorts idk

Bish bash bosh, simple

Too bad it'll likely never get used but a man can dream
good system for events, really bad system for the general server IMO, like I can only imagine how long firefights would actually take and enforcing timescale would be an absolute nightmare

Reactions: List

STUCK IN A CAKE

Molecule
Nebulae
good system for events, really bad system for the general server IMO, like I can only imagine how long firefights would actually take and enforcing timescale would be an absolute nightmare
(Like I said, I'd only ever expect it for event only)

Gary

Developer
HL2 RP Server Director
Nebulae
Suggestions and ideas for S2K changes have always been around, and as long as HL2 is active, will continue to show up

We've lowered TTK, we've raised TTK, and there has always been voices from both sides that it needs pushing in the other direction

We're dealing with an outdated engine, with a gun base that leaves a lot to be desired and community who don't all wish for the same thing

'Fixing' S2K isn't something that will happen, but I have felt like we're in a spot which is acceptable and good enough for the server to function on, which isn't something I would've been able to say previously in the year

As for bullet damages, they were introduced to set damage as a controlled variable, guns can be balanced through recoil, RPM, etc - pistols shouldn't be competing with SMGs up close, but their damage is still enough to catch off people - not every gun needs to be strong enough to compete with in every situation

Reactions: List

john

barbecue chips aint shit
Nebulae
the longer your time-to-kill, the less an ambush or good shooting matters, and the more your overall armor stats / and firerate matters, making most encounters a trade where one person drops to 10 hp and the other person dies.
i dont agree with this suggestion šŸ‘Ž

Bio Junior

Nucleus
Nebulae
the longer your time-to-kill, the less an ambush or good shooting matters, and the more your overall armor stats / and firerate matters, making most encounters a trade where one person drops to 10 hp and the other person dies.
i dont agree with this suggestion šŸ‘Ž
Preach Ford