Suggestion LSPD be more lenient on GTA shit until cars are more readily affordable

Straven

Proton
Nebulae
Most people on the server rn cannot afford a car, so basically everyone steals a vehicle. However, everytime you steal a vehicle a mythical ping is sent directly to the PD with the exact location and detail of the car stolen.

This has resulted in me getting into a chase every roughly 5 picoseconds as unless I want to walk from the PD to burgershot or somewhere equally far away I need to steal a vehicle. Quite literally I have had to go through like 6 chases in the span of 20 minutes when all I wanted to do is hang around at Burger Shot, but oh no I stand in Burger Shot and there's quite literally a cop on his radio whispering, very clearly telling my location but engaging in 0 rp with me, whole PD show up and I am tased and arrested and boom can't play for like 40 minutes* because I wanted to travel from one location to another without having to spend the next millenia walking.

The amount of brain rot this has given me is extraordinarily frustrating as I am forced to flee else I basically cannot play the game for a span of time and my blackhole of a debt increases ever further

*correction not 40 minutes, 165 minutes

Last edited:
Reactions: List

boots

spooky skellys
HL2 RP Senior Administrator
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
my bank account begs to differ
introduce community service, a daily job that will reduce the fine on your bank account by a flat amount/percentage (balance tbd). It doesn't do anything if you are not in the negative and it would only serve as a way out for those who are so deeply indebted while still having to go through a 'struggle' character arc

basically if we are anti-grind then this is as anti-grind as it gets because you don't have to do hundreds of hours of jobs to pay off the debt you amassed in 2 days of gameplay

Mute

`impulse-approved
Nebulae
could always go down the path of not grinding and working towards a vehicle. alex has made it clear enough by now that he thinks everyone cruising around in their own personal cars right now wouldn't be healthy for the server

look at @Aether . He wanted a news van. He went through three weeks of rp without said news van, and not really grinding out money to buy one. He started a news company instead, and found other means to get it done. Now, he got himself a news van on discount that he gets to cruise around in because of his contributions. On the other end, you have people doing nothing but grinding garbage delivery saying that vehicle prices are too high, not really offering much of anything at all, for anyones experience (even their own). I'm not saying vehicles should be gatekept that much, it just seems like it's clear to me that headstaff wants people to focus elsewhere.

There's plenty of people that could have purchased their own car by now, but instead of buying a car they got arrested a few times over, spent their money elsewhere or w/e else. there's people in this thread that have over eighty grand but haven't made the choice to purchase a car, and are complaining that vehicle prices are too high

I for one, would much rather see people taking the initiative and starting their own businesses, such as a taxi company, a law firm, a pawnshop and so on. things like garbage truck driving, package delivery or chop shop exist for new/unestablished players to get enough money to spend at other roleplay based establishments, make connections and then eventually find a higher paying job with a foundation of roleplay to afford things like cars or houses
I mean like I said I'm not grinding or going to grind for a vehicle, I just think it's silly that for a character like mine, who is a deadbeast loser and one of the few who would make some sense to own some shitty car from the 80s or some crappy rusted out bike (both of which are probably stolen), cannot own one

it also doesn't make sense for him to own a business, or a legal successful one at that, if there were more drugs on the server he'd probably be addicted to them. theres a reason hes working a deadbeat job at a chain fast food place

and again its also not some dystopian world where only the elite business owners should be able to hold property and vehicles, people are not asking for much they just don't want to pay 30k for a reliant robin

Aether

Molecule
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
my bank account begs to differ
Rusty was in debt and so got his money cash in hand and stored the money in his apartment iirc, you could do the same so that way you don't have to worry about it getting thrown in the pit.

MaXenzie

Sexually attracted to robots
Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
in regards to the suggestion itself:

yeah, basically everyone and their mum is driving a stolen car, because stealing cars is by far the best way to get around

but so long as you actually act somewhat carefully and stop stealing cars in broad daylight in the middle of the road, i don't think they get a ping, nor does it get reported as stolen

though weirdly I've been told by people that there's no ping/stolen report if you straight-up hijack a car while someone is in it, while I've been pulled over for having a stolen car because i took one that was parked completely out of sight from anyone and no one should have any way of knowing it's been stolen (literally no witnesses)

avralwobniar

Atom
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
though weirdly I've been told by people that there's no ping/stolen report if you straight-up hijack a car while someone is in it, while I've been pulled over for having a stolen car because i took one that was parked completely out of sight from anyone and no one should have any way of knowing it's been stolen (literally no witnesses)
I always have cops come when I steal a parked car. I've never had cops come for a hijacking

alex

I do things.
Head Staff
Nebulae
Its also just kinda odd that despite these massive fines headstaff/devs do their best to dissuade grinding by constantly tweaking "tier 0" crimes, moving vendors and monitoring the economy, and the response to people in these massives debts just kinda being "dont get caught, and if you cant get away just dont be a criminal lol" cause even then you can get unlucky, fuck up and get fucked over
Most tweaks after the initial days where a cooldown was added, have been buffs. A tweak doesn't always mean a nerf in some form.

MaXenzie

Sexually attracted to robots
Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
I always have cops come when I steal a parked car. I've never had cops come for a hijacking
yeah i've had this corroborated by several people, that it's safer to just walk into the middle of the road and yank someone out of a car than it is to sneak into a parking garage and take an unoccupied one