Marc Laidlaw posts the plot of Episode 3 online

Nebulae
I wonder if Gabe Newell has just thrown Half life 3's script in the trash and is just profiting off of AAA games that are publishing on steam.
Smh Half Life 3 would ring out for centuries if it was to come out.
...And by publishing quick-money grabbers like artifact. They literally don't give a fuck at this point

And that, or it becomes the next Duke Nukem

constantdisplay

nokia talk 2002
Nebulae
7YneADw.png

Reactions: List

Dr.Towers

Nucleus
Nebulae
I don't think that's even The Overworld.

A Dyson Sphere is literally nothing more than a big theoretical structure meant to harnass the energy of a star and in theory can support stuff living on it - and presumably being built. You could probably even store Citadels on it, because this is the size, on average, as theorized:

220px-Dyson_Sphere_Diagram-en.svg.png

As is said earlier in the doc, they get a glimpse of what Alyx thinks is nothing more than a staging point. It's 'important' in the sense of it'd suck if it got taken out but humanities most powerful accidental weapon - a gigantic ship rubberbanding through time and space packed with highly volatile portal tech that could probably rip the planet apart as it blew up is little more than "a flickering matchhead" as it impacts against it.

You could throw humanities entire nuclear arsenal against this thing and it'd probably scratch the paint. And this is nothing more than a glorified production facility/staging point to send off small invasion fleets like the one that conquered earth. If they have the capacity to build one, they likely have many, many more out there.

70Gohsx.jpg

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

MakTavish

Neutrino
Nebulae
I don't honestly care in what way we got half life 3, but this is enough for me tbf, i didn't like the cliffhanger and this resolves it. I can now die in peace.

I read on reddit somewhere that modders are already thinking about getting together and making it, that is a very interesting thing to see

Last edited:

Dallas

event guy
Nebulae
while that was a nice read i feel it didn't add on a whole lot more for us to consider

the interesting thing is the confirmation that the union are actively trying to invade other worlds, which shows how insignificant earth is in their schemes

also breen living on as breengrub is interesting - and it is also good to hear it confirmed that combine 'immortality' is a fate worse than death itself, perhaps ppl will realise that this is what they mean by singularity

Dr.Towers

Nucleus
Nebulae
Well at least we could have an hl2 mod about it (if Valve doesn't C&D it before). We have the story, the texture and models for the Borealis and Antartica from the Beta and we could fill up the rest ourselves.

Red Dress

Proton
Nebulae
So it seems as if the BreenGrub Twitter posts were actually supposed to be canon. This is a sad day for all HL players.

Blackquill

Administrator
Head Staff
Nebulae
So it seems as if the BreenGrub Twitter posts were actually supposed to be canon. This is a sad day for all HL players.
I guess it kind of makes sense that we'd not see Breen again considering his voice actor died in 2010.

Can't imagine anyone else voicing him

karl-police

Nucleus
Nebulae
So Hyperborea means Borealis

Just then, as you have surely already foreseen, the Ghastlyhaunts parted their own checkered curtains of reality, reached in as they have on prior occasions, plucked me out, and set me aside. I barely got to see the fireworks begin.

This text contains plucked me out.... GMAN said something about "After, I plucked her from blackmesa" who would have thought that if we talk about it, it gets released later.

Ahm Ghastlyhaunts are Vortigaunts.
[doublepost=1503685138][/doublepost]
800px-Ep3_xen_thing2.jpg

So this is a paradox?

Could we alter the course of the Hyperborea? Should we run it aground in the Antarctic, giving our peers the chance to study it? Should we destroy it with all hands aboard, our own included? It was impossible to hold a coherent thought, given the baffling and paradoxical timeloops, which passed through the ship like bubbles. I felt I was going mad, that we all were, confronting myriad versions of ourselves, in that ship that was half ghost-ship, half nightmare funhouse.

What was inside there?

Epistle = Episode

Playa = Player

Gertrude Fremont = Gordon Freeman

Elly Vaunt = Eli Vance

Alex Vaunt = Alyx Vance

Research and Rebellion = Resistance

Jerry Maas = Judith Mossman

Hyperborea = Borealis

Wanda Bree = Wallace Breen

Disparate = Combine

Nine Hour Armageddon = Seven Hour War

Mrs. X = G-Man

Tocsin Island = Aperture Science

Ghastlyhaunts = Vortigaunts

Nice

Last edited:

karl-police

Nucleus
Nebulae
Guys this is gurren lagann luxury liner borealis traveling into the space or something like that to destroy the Disparate force which are the Combines.

latest

I mean what?

Jerry overpowered Alex and brought the Hyperborea area, preparing to shut off the Bootstrap Device and settle the ship on the ice.

Can I get overpowered character auths too?