Mathematics thread.

Maxim

Proton
Nebulae
Hey, everyone; just wanted to put up thread here hoping people would share there little math(s) discoveries.

I personally found this one about five minutes ago, thinking about bedmas and all.

So, here it is.

Find the distance between (-7, 2) and (-7, -1) (coordinates stuff by the way)

So, what I did to shorten it and give me the 'distance' or hypotenuse if you were to draw it up as a right angled triangle was sqrt((-7- -7)^2 + (2 - -1)^2)
and to my surprise it gave me the right answer!

I am so happy about this.

Please share your little shortcuts or anything to that nature.

Reactions: List

Warwick

Mum Looks Like Tracy Beaker
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
Someone shared this on my facebook:
12246842_212229952442126_7550414044108013116_n.jpg

Stating that the American government stole $5,000,000,000,000 (five trillion) dollars worth of oil and gold from Iraq. I debunked it with this.

My comments to someone that recently shared this:

"This has been debunked a hundred times. To even get to an EXACT divide of gold and oil, which would be 25 trillion dollars worth of gold, it would mean 1619227615.47lbs of gold was stolen from Iraq. That would mean that the amount of gold kept in Fort Knox was stolen FORTY TIMES. This just isn't feasible. I won't even get into the oil theft, because that makes equally little sense.

"All around the world there is war and genocide for gold, oil, drugs and other natural resources and all of it goes back to the Rothschilds, Vatican, Royals and Bankers"

This should have put you off.

Not a single one of these sources are valid or reliable.

Let's also note that the amount of gold IN THE WORLD is currently at 171,300 tonnes. This post accuses the US of stealing 734,469 tonnes.

A barrel of crude oil is currently worth $41 dollars. The US would have to have stolen at least 609,756,097,561 barrels of Oil. Once again. Not feasible.

To make this clearer, a barrel of crude oil is 158.987 litres.

It only takes 7.33 barrels of oil to hit a metric ton. That means the weight of those barrels would have been 83,186,370,745 metric tons. To move the oil alone, with the use of the period correct transportation helicopter used by the US, the Sikorski Sea Stallion, would take 4,753,506,900 trips.

The distance between the US (Los Angeles) and Iraq (Basra) is 6659 nautical miles. That would mean 67 refuels of a Sea Stallion just to get home to the US, assuming planes weren't used to keep it "secret" and "covert". A single fuel tank for the Sea Stallion is 2,277 gallons. This means 521 barrels of oil (approx.) go into the full re-fuelling of a Sea Stallion. This means to fly as much oil as possible (one of the 4,753,506,900 trips), refuelling would take 34899 barrels of oil.

There you have it, completely de-bunked. It is an impossibility. Assuming that much oil even exists GLOBALLY, it certainly didn't all in one place, and couldn't have been moved without the use of MANY MANY large planes, which isn't secretive at all, as flight plans have to be tracked and published. Just as a heads up, the amount of barrels required to make all 4,753,506,900 trips to fly the oil back is an unfathomable and non-processable number by most calculators.

Also, before some daft cunt says: "BUT HE NEVER HAD WMD!"

"These are chemical weapons as defined under the Chemical Weapons Convention, and yes ... they do constitute weapons of mass destruction," Army Col. John Chu told the House Armed Services Committee. The munitions addressed in the report were produced in the 1980s, according to Army Lt. Gen. Michael D. Maples. Badly corroded, they could not currently be used as originally intended, though agent remaining in the weapons would be very valuable to terrorists and insurgents, Maples said.""

Maxim

Proton
Nebulae

Stating that the American government stole $5,000,000,000,000 (five trillion) dollars worth of oil and gold from Iraq. I debunked it with this.

"This has been debunked a hundred times. To even get to an EXACT divide of gold and oil, which would be 25 trillion dollars worth of gold, it would mean 1619227615.47lbs of gold was stolen from Iraq. That would mean that the amount of gold kept in Fort Knox was stolen FORTY TIMES. This just isn't feasible. I won't even get into the oil theft, because that makes equally little sense.

"All around the world there is war and genocide for gold, oil, drugs and other natural resources and all of it goes back to the Rothschilds, Vatican, Royals and Bankers"

Let's also note that the amount of gold IN THE WORLD is currently at 171,300 tonnes. This post accuses the US of stealing 734,469 tonnes.

A barrel of crude oil is currently worth $41 dollars. The US would have to have stolen at least 609,756,097,561 barrels of Oil. Once again. Not feasible.

It only takes 7.33 barrels of oil to hit a metric ton. That means the weight of those barrels would have been 83,186,370,745 metric tons. To move the oil alone, with the use of the period correct transportation helicopter used by the US, the Sikorski Sea Stallion, would take 4,753,506,900 trips.

The distance between the US (Los Angeles) and Iraq (Basra) is 6659 nautical miles. That would mean 67 refuels of a Sea Stallion just to get home to the US, assuming planes weren't used to keep it "secret" and "covert". A single fuel tank for the Sea Stallion is 2,277 gallons. This means 521 barrels of oil (approx.) go into the full re-fuelling of a Sea Stallion. This means to fly as much oil as possible (one of the 4,753,506,900 trips), refuelling would take 34899 barrels of oil.

There you have it, completely de-bunked. It is an impossibility. Assuming that much oil even exists GLOBALLY, it certainly didn't all in one place, and couldn't have been moved without the use of MANY MANY large planes, which isn't secretive at all, as flight plans have to be tracked and published. Just as a heads up, the amount of barrels required to make all 4,753,506,900 trips to fly the oil back is an unfathomable and non-processable number by most calculators.

"These are chemical weapons as defined under the Chemical Weapons Convention, and yes ... they do constitute weapons of mass destruction," Army Col. John Chu told the House Armed Services Committee. The munitions addressed in the report were produced in the 1980s, according to Army Lt. Gen. Michael D. Maples. Badly corroded, they could not currently be used as originally intended, though agent remaining in the weapons would be very valuable to terrorists and insurgents, Maples said.""

Very interesting, thanks for sharing ( and debunking this theory. )

Votra

Retired
Nebulae

I literally just read, "If you translate the amount of money the United States of America allegedly stole, into gold tonnes, you'll get more gold tonnes then there are gold tonnes in the World, therefore the United States of America did not steal money."

Let's totally ignore the fact the United States of America, the most powerful economy in the World, hasn't used in the gold standard for more years than I've been alive.

Also why the fuck is there a math thread on here.
I have to go back to school soon.
My boy @Anonymouse had to go back today.

Why are you doing this?!

Warwick

GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
I literally just read, "If you translate the amount of money the United States of America allegedly stole, into gold tonnes, you'll get more gold tonnes then there are gold tonnes in the World, therefore the United States of America did not steal money."

Let's totally ignore the fact the United States of America, the most powerful economy in the World, hasn't used in the gold standard for more years than I've been alive.

Why are you doing this?!
you really are as dense as i thought

i wasn't using the gold standard you pleb

i was using gold purchasing prices from that period jesus fucking christ

Maxim

Proton
Nebulae

Why are you doing this?!

Answering your question to why there is a 'math' thread on here is that I personally find 'math' interesting and would like to share my findings with any other mathematicians that may lay on these forums.

Votra

Retired
Nebulae
you really are as dense as i thought

i wasn't using the gold standard you pleb

i was using gold purchasing prices from that period jesus fucking christ

I mentioned the gold standard because if the United States was still using it'd your point would be valid and there would be more gold in the World because we'd need it to provide validity for the immense wealth we have.

And I don't think I've had the luxury of ever being called dense, but I'm glad you were my first, I feel deflowered.
[doublepost=1471262953][/doublepost]
Answering your question to why there is a 'math' thread on here is that I personally find 'math' interesting and would like to share my findings with any other mathematicians that may lay on these forums.

If you want to share your findings with mathematicians, go onto a math forum.
I mean perhaps I'm wrong, perhaps everyone will be interested in this and contribute, I'll fuck off.

But all I'm saying is that you probably aren't going to have much success.

jamEs

fqjdlkmsbvqfgkhpoiuaeazer
Nebulae
Hey, everyone; just wanted to put up thread here hoping people would share there little math(s) discoveries.

I personally found this one about five minutes ago, thinking about bedmas and all.

So, here it is.

Find the distance between (-7, 2) and (-7, -1) (coordinates stuff by the way)

So, what I did to shorten it and give me the 'distance' or hypotenuse if you were to draw it up as a right angled triangle was sqrt((-7- -7)^2 + (2 - -1)^2)
and to my surprise it gave me the right answer!

I am so happy about this.

Please share your little shortcuts or anything to that nature.
Somewhat related: once wanted to calculate the distance between 2 vectors in Sandbox but didn't want to go easymode with any Lua, E2, or a ranger. Decided to do it in gates with a massive wire width to make it look oldschool. Absolute hell, I'm never doing it again.

764D387FB3128E71BEEDB323C3BA721D1B5260A7

Deleted member 61

donator without a cause
Nebulae

h'what about the 563,469lbs of gold stolen from the Jews by the Nazis and hidden underground?!?! :scream:

Warwick

GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
I'm fairly good at math, nothing special though.
It's a really fun class if you're good.
You don't even have to be good at mental mathematics to be honest, you just need to understand processes and have a linear way of thinking. Everything has a routine and a process in maths, and everything can be done somehow, it's just a case of knowing where to go next.

Redhunter

On and Off UP Lead
B A N N E D
Nebulae
Well frendos, let me tell you something:

>9-11
>9 - 11 = -2
> A new tower opened in 2006, the one world trade center
> 2006 + 1 - -2 = 2009
> 2009
> 2 + 9 = 11
> 9/11

We have now discovered that time is a flat circle and another 9/11 is inevitable. We can however predict the year of this impending tragedy.

>9/11
>9/11 = 0.18 recurring
>Twin Towers = 2
>What numbers do we have now?
>2
>0.18
>2018!

THE NEXT INSIDE JOB IS DUE IN 2018!

I thank you for reading this cancerous abomination of a doomsday theory I just wrote up

bubblegum

you should see me in a crown
Nebulae
the added 's' at the end of math would irritate me in the past, but i got over it.

Last edited:

Maxim

Proton
Nebulae
Somewhat related: once wanted to calculate the distance between 2 vectors in Sandbox but didn't want to go easymode with any Lua, E2, or a ranger. Decided to do it in gates with a massive wire width to make it look oldschool. Absolute hell, I'm never doing it again.

Pretty interesting, might try it myself. Did you end up finding the distance between the two vectors?

NightVeil

Bringer of Sales
Nebulae

Wait a moment, why would you need to use logic gates to find a vector distance