IMG_0830.jpg

verTix

Electron
Nebulae
no idea would have to check

here’s the warning
Anyone able to translate

IMG_0830.jpg

A fan is not working properly. Leaving the computer turned on is not recommended by HP and may cause unpredictable operation resulting in shutdown, data loss, or computer damage. The computer will shut down in 15 seconds. To avoid shutting down and continue working, you should now press the Enter key.

MaXenzie

Sexually attracted to robots
Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
alright language is now english

now what to do about the fan

if i have to replace it I'll be fucked if I'm touching my computer, I'll hire a technician or some shit

avralwobniar

Atom
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
step 2 seems like a non-issue there's barely any dust and my computer is actually insanely cold BECAUSE there is a fan permanently on 100%
what are the actual temps on your cpu when it's under load? I would also check for warranty before you do anything physical with it

avralwobniar

Atom
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
30C-odd

it is cold as fuck
30c under load doesnt sound right, it probably wouldnt even be idling at that temp with the cooler it has
I would probably say that your motherboard is busted over the cooler, since it's pinning it at 100% forever

verTix

Electron
Nebulae
step 2 seems like a non-issue there's barely any dust and my computer is actually insanely cold BECAUSE there is a fan permanently on 100%

the CPU fan is tied to the temperature of the CPU itself, or rather, it should be. there are some softwares like SpeedFan that let you manually change your CPU fan RPM. if your fan is constantly running on max speed then you shouldn't have to worry about your CPU overheating, and even if it did, it would shut itself down before sustaining damage

MaXenzie

Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
the CPU fan is tied to the temperature of the CPU itself, or rather, it should be. there are some softwares like SpeedFan that let you manually change your CPU fan RPM. if your fan is constantly running on max speed then you shouldn't have to worry about your CPU overheating, and even if it did, it would shut itself down before sustaining damage

my issue is moreso the immense noise coming from it, and the very rapid dust accumulation because it is about 3 times faster than the rest of the fans

MaXenzie

Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
30c under load doesnt sound right, it probably wouldnt even be idling at that temp with the cooler it has
I would probably say that your motherboard is busted over the cooler, since it's pinning it at 100% forever

60C-ish when at load (playing a AAA game on the highest graphics quality)

verTix

Electron
Nebulae
my issue is moreso the immense noise coming from it, and the very rapid dust accumulation because it is about 3 times faster than the rest of the fans

oh yeah it's still a problem. what you could try doing is downloading some software that lets you control the speed and see if that does anything. if not, you might find something in the bios. if the mobo has another PWM/CPU fan header then you could try that as well but you'd have to open up the computer to do that

i could walk you through that. you could call tech support but i wouldn't trust HP tech support to tape a piece of paper to my wall

MaXenzie

Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
oh yeah it's still a problem. what you could try doing is downloading some software that lets you control the speed and see if that does anything. if not, you might find something in the bios. if the mobo has another PWM/CPU fan header then you could try that as well but you'd have to open up the computer to do that

i could walk you through that. you could call tech support but i wouldn't trust HP tech support to tape a piece of paper to my wall

Speedfan time?

verTix

Electron
Nebulae
Speedfan time?

i would say try it out. look up a couple other programs too, maybe, if speedfan doesn't work. i'm gonna take a wild guess and say it won't work but gotta try everything

avralwobniar

Atom
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
60C-ish when at load (playing a AAA game on the highest graphics quality)
now that you have the bios in english you could change your fan speed for the cpu fan from there, but HP doesn't support user fan control so I'm not sure if they'd leave that there. you could try activating the advanced bios if OMEN systems have it

Reactions: List

MaXenzie

Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
okay speedfan doesnt actually recognize any of my fans as existing

aaaa

verTix

Electron
Nebulae

aaaa

alright. head to the bios and see if there's any settings. if not, then look for motherboard headers that say CPU_FAN on them. maybe there's another one but I doubt it

avralwobniar

Atom
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae

aaaa
that sucks, sounds like you gotta head to a technician
roleplay forum tech support can only take you so far

if you go to like best buy or some equivalent in your country or whatever they probably wont even charge you if it's something minor or an easy fix