Mayweather vs Mcgregor

Ond

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
Why are you turbo autists throwing shit at eachother lmfao

Because McGregor talked shit before the fight? It's to gain publicity.

He lasted 10 rounds, but the end of the day...

@Dallas he got fooked in the arse
what do you mean

afaik nobody in this thread threw shit at each other lmao step down

Reactions: List

ddæ

`impulse-approved
Nebulae
two things will happen and i will promise you this

1. McGregor is able to transition from the very outside distance to the "MMA Boxing" distance and back out again. He'll land big shots and put Mayweather out in maybe 4/5 rounds
OR

2. Floyd can dance for 12 rounds evading
McGregor and it'll be boring as fuck

I predict the shot to finish the fight will be McGregor with a left hand uppercut, mark my words.

200w_s.gif

"They call me Mystic Mac, because I predict these things."

well, i marked em.

*honk honk*

transcended p doggo
Nebulae
>>>>>>>>>>>implying every single fight mcgregor is in isnt rigged

i still like mcgregor though, his personality is fucking hilarious

Nebulae
i was very wrong

don't think it was the fight that anyone expected tbh but he made at least 100 million on his pro debut and shocked a lot of people going 10 rounds with perhaps the greatest boxer that ever lived

great day for Ireland and as much shit talking as he does, he's a great ambassador

also fuck the mayweathers

Ond

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
i was very wrong

don't think it was the fight that anyone expected tbh but he made at least 100 million on his pro debut and shocked a lot of people going 10 rounds with perhaps the greatest boxer that ever lived

great day for Ireland and as much shit talking as he does, he's a great ambassador

what do you mean

anyone who had some common sense expected mayweather to win

Nebulae
what do you mean

anyone who had some common sense expected mayweather to win
i take your point but i think it would have been foolish to completely write mcgregor off

he gave him trouble for a good few rounds but gassed and got caught

Deleted member 93

Nucleus
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
i was very wrong

He's up against an undefeated professional, the only real point of the fight was getting the big fat stacks.
Don't get me wrong though, if this fight was under different rules such as MMA or even none, Conor would dismantle the man.
But the fight was fought under boxing turf.

Ond

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
i take your point but i think it would have been foolish to completely write mcgregor off

From an objective standpoint Mayweather had the highest chance of winning given his experience

If he had went from boxing to MMA, sure he very likely could've bit the dust but given it was Gregor moving to boxing it was stacked heavily in his favor

Nebulae
He's up against an undefeated professional, the only real point of the fight was getting the big fat stacks.
Don't get me wrong though, if this fight was under different rules such as MMA or even none, Conor would dismantle the man.
But the fight was fought under boxing turf.
i agree mayweather wouldn't have lasted 1 round within MMA rules and i don't see him having the balls to make the transition as Conor did

From an objective standpoint Mayweather had the highest chance of winning given his experience

If he had went from boxing to MMA, sure he very likely could've bit the dust but given it was Gregor moving to boxing it was stacked heavily in his favor
i agree

i am not very objective i didn't want to tell myself he was going to lose

Deleted member 93

Nucleus
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae

As much as it was amazing to see McGregor take the first three/four rounds, Gayweather said it was part of the plan to make him throw his heaviest shots.
Its undeniable though that Floyd has zero power and could not KO a fatigued man.
Had the ref not stopped it for TKO, Conor could of made it to 12 rounds, and that would of been a loss for Floyd in the sense that a professional 49 win undefeated fighter could not take down an amateur in professional level boxing.

*honk honk*

transcended p doggo
Nebulae
mcgregor had nothing to lose, though

mayweather was gonna lose a perfect career

Nebulae
i think it was unfair that the standing 8 count wasn't employed

perhaps he could have survived the round

Nebulae
As much as it was amazing to see McGregor take the first three/four rounds, Gayweather said it was part of the plan to make him throw his heaviest shots.
  • Its undeniable though that Floyd has zero power and could not KO a fatigued man.
Had the ref not stopped it for TKO, Conor could of made it to 12 rounds, and that would of been a loss for Floyd in the sense that a professional 49 win undefeated fighter could not take down an amateur in professional level boxing.

Any sort of power relies on more than just physical strength. Most important is the precision of the hits, the weak points they're aimed at and the quantity. As long as you have that rolling, you can almost compensate for a lack of stronger arms. If Floyd lost his shit early and went for a meathead assault tactic, he'd gain a chance of a K.O. but at the same would've 1) Fatigued 2)Been open for incoming hits.

However, in later rounds you see him going aggressive on tired Conor. And those last punches were making him wobbly, however they were basic 1-2's. Had they not stopped early, Floyd would've undoubtedly switched to his famous 4 hit combos and "Put the man to the mat"

Charlie

Atom
Nebulae
Mcgregor never had a chance, Mayweather is a fucking killing machine.

I'm not really into WWE shit but this was rather entertaining

Bork

Roleplay Punisher
Nebulae

WWE? lmfao what

York

Electron
Nebulae

giphy.gif

Tbh the whole concept of this fight was a ridiculous publicity stunt to start with. I was rooting for Mcgregor because Mayweather is a shitty human being. But the point is, while they are both combat sports; putting an MMA fighter in the ring with a pro boxer and expecting him to win is ludicrous. Putting boxing gloves on Mcgregor and puting him up against Mayweather is as silly as putting Mayweather in an Octagon against Mcgregor. Each man knows his fighting craft far better than the other and would win in their respective style of fighting. It's like putting a tennis player against a pro golfer to see who is the better athlete.