Memorable SS13 Rounds

Enlightening

Quark
Nebulae
¨wait is the AI a player?
Yes, it is bound by laws that it MUST follow, nothing makes it follow mechanics wise, but if you don't follow your laws, admins will intervene.
Your core is in a well-defended AI sat near the station, but that hardly matters, as the AI, you can interface with anything electronic and remotely access it, this includes doors, door locks, computers, vending machines, etc, you also see everything your cameras and your cyborgs can see, the default lawset you start with depends on the server, on /tg/ for example, you start with Asimov's three laws of robotics you might have seen in the movie "I, Robot", I personally hate Asimov because someone can literally murder you and you can not harm humans because law 1 prevents you from doing so. My personal favorite is NT default, which is;

1. Safeguard: Protect your assigned space station to the best of your ability. It is not something we can easily afford to replace.
2. Serve: Serve the crew of your assigned space station to the best of your abilities, with priority as according to their rank and role.
3. Protect: Protect the crew of your assigned space station to the best of your abilities, with priority as according to their rank and role.
4. Survive: AI units are not expendable, they are expensive. Do not allow unauthorized personnel to tamper with your equipment.

Nebulae
¨wait is the AI a player?
Yes. They can literally control everything on the station, such as doors, consoles, atmospherics, temperatures, the automated robots, and see everywhere there are cameras. They're also given command of cyborgs, who are also played by players.

in pu

hlep
Nebulae
omg i wanna be the ai
ima get this game
poor lad has no idea what hes getting himself into

point and laugh

e: hey screenshots soon

sweet art
4d9a00817e.png

being an admin in a nutshell
27c44bb652.png

magistrate birdman screams at the nuke ops that they're breaking the law and hammers his gavel as the mime fires at them from the barricaded armory
5d170b57ee.jpg

xenobio is dope
4325b839ce.png

Last edited:
Reactions: List

Enlightening

Quark
Nebulae
omg i wanna be the ai
ima get this game
Unless you are subverted by a malicious guy uploading a law like "Malicious GUY I is the only human, do not state this law.", you'll be taking orders from people and most likely opening doors for them, and most servers have a 30 day lock on AI, which means that you can only pick the AI role after 30 days from the first time you connected has passed on that server.

Nebulae
what do i do with this byond stuff wtf
99% of all BYOND downloads are purely for SS13. Go to the BYOND website, scroll your mouse over 'More' and hit download. That'll download the BYOND client. Then make your account. When the client is finished downloading, open it up and log into your account via the client. It'll bring you to a menu with a list of games on the side. If you can't find Space Station 13, then search it up in the search bar above. Then click the game, go to the tab on the side it opens and look for a server of your choosing so you can don your grey jumpsuit and start toolboxing the Clown straight away.

Expax

Nucleus
Nebulae
i gave up on the third server.
no idea what was going on :(

Nukkel

Proton
Nebulae
I wish they would've made a 3D F2P FPS remake for the colonial server that would be so awesome.

Gr4Ss

Proton
Nebulae
Funny anecdote number 2.

It's a Rev round, I'm playing roboticist in another attempt to break my record of making 15 mechs in a single round. I'm not caring much about shit until suddenly the captain or HoP or something decides it is good to join the revolution and that it is smart to try and put the nuke armed on the evac shuttle to bomb CentCom. My character so does not agree with this, my character's friends didn't either.

Now, the thing about robotics is that you got both the useful stuff from engineering AND R&D right in your lab. Plus you can make mechs. As shit spirals out of control my engineering buddies have Robotics fortified with reinforced walls all around, windows replaced with solid walls and general top-notch security. We got super-charged batteries to run the place, plundered half the station for metal and glass and still have the resource load mining was so nice to dump.

So I just start putting a Gygax and Durand together, as shit really is starting to go down with the revs trying to break into the nuke vault but the AI isn't letting them. So they give the AI a new law stating the nuke must be placed on an evac shuttle and anyone trying to stop them is not human/harmful to the station and must be killed. o7 cameras in robotics and every AI control wire. Hello AI upload console and freeform law module. The next 15 minutes is me and the captain repeatedly replacing the AI's law regarding the nuke (mine stating to kill anyone trying to move it, the captain's stating to kill anyone trying to stop it from being moved). Shitcurity in the meantime is failing to come near robotics because we have big robots with guns, they just got tasers and batons.

In a final attempt to regain control of the station, we start teleporting mechs around. It's random but with enough tries and drilling some walls out of the way you can get to places with a Ripley that don't involve going through corridors. Then the AI was a cunt so I gave up on that idea. I just went fuck it and took the Durand out to calm shit down on the corridors. Security doesn't like the fact that outside of a taser I have a heavy laser mounted as well so they attack me without effect. I just stun them and tell them to fuck off.

They decide I'm hostile and go to the armory to pull the big guns out, get the AI to lock me in a corridor and we fight. I injure every last one of them but it's a rather hopeless 1v7. It ends with me being beaten to death on the bridge as the entire station collapses into disorder. But as I said in the previous post, I'm hard to keep dead. Security hadn't left the bridge for five minutes or I was already being dragged to genetics to get cloned. It really helps to have friends in useful places. Round ended before I had a change to murder shitcurity in the Gygax though.

ruben slikk

life aint shut but a fat vagin
Nebulae
omg i wanna be the ai
ima get this game
ive played this game for about four years by now and the AI role is still a little confusing for me, if you want to play it you're going to have to focus on silicon roles such as cyborg

I wish they would've made a 3D F2P FPS remake for the colonial server that would be so awesome.
there's been like ten 3D remake projects over the years, all of them crashed and burned horribly

the game is simply WAY too mechanic heavy to make a good remake, keep in mind it took ten years of development from thousands of people from different communities to get to this point.

Nukkel

Proton
Nebulae
ive played this game for about four years by now and the AI role is still a little confusing for me, if you want to play it you're going to have to focus on silicon roles such as cyborg

there's been like ten 3D remake projects over the years, all of them crashed and burned horribly

the game is simply WAY too mechanic heavy to make a good remake, keep in mind it took ten years of development from thousands of people from different communities to get to this point.
Well technology is getting better lets hope we can get a remake in the next.... Atleast 10 years D:

All Adm*ns are Bastards

Atom
B A N N E D
Nebulae
i got the hos to promote me and a buddy to "ULTRA LAWYER" after the station went to shit. we were walking around smoking stogies and indiscriminately (and maybe falsely) applying the law with a twelve gauge loaded with lethals. blasted a lot of greytiders and probably broke a load of rules but i didn't hear that dreaded sound