Military boys

Clark

Proton
Nebulae
I got conscripted back in august and just finished a long 9 months that consisted of 4 months of basic infantry training, another 4 months of advanced reconnaissance training and a month of familiarization with the base I'm gonna serve the next 2 years of my life in and training for west bank related tasks.

It's not easy, I didn't have any background in sports before the conscription and for the first few months, I also was in the mindset that "I'm not built for this" or "I could be doing other stuff", but once I built up enough courage to face my fears and pettiness and just changed the way I thought and looked at my military service and understood that actually, I have quite the Privilege to protect my nation and my people, to be in a place where the only thing everyone expects from you is to better yourself, so I started feeling better.

I don't really know how it is in other countries where there's conscription, but in Israel, there isn't just that constant feeling of a "threat" of war, there's a constant war going on for the past 70 years.
I know that in my service I'm probably gonna have to shoot someone and that I'm gonna see fucked up shit especially cause I'm stationed in one of the most controversial conflict regions in the world, but I know that everything that I have experienced and will experience will only contribute to the betterment of my adult life and how I'm gonna undertake different difficult situations that it will bring with it.

so tbh, I think that each country in the world should have at least one year of mandatory service so that more young adults could have the chance to build themself up and face difficulties especially with how pussified the western world has gotten in recent years.

Praise

Hot wet beef
Nebulae
I got conscripted back in august and just finished a long 9 months that consisted of 4 months of basic infantry training, another 4 months of advanced reconnaissance training and a month of familiarization with the base I'm gonna serve the next 2 years of my life in and training for west bank related tasks.

It's not easy, I didn't have any background in sports before the conscription and for the first few months, I also was in the mindset that "I'm not built for this" or "I could be doing other stuff", but once I built up enough courage to face my fears and pettiness and just changed the way I thought and looked at my military service and understood that actually, I have quite the Privilege to protect my nation and my people, to be in a place where the only thing everyone expects from you is to better yourself, so I started feeling better.

I don't really know how it is in other countries where there's conscription, but in Israel, there isn't just that constant feeling of a "threat" of war, there's a constant war going on for the past 70 years.
I know that in my service I'm probably gonna have to shoot someone and that I'm gonna see fucked up shit especially cause I'm stationed in one of the most controversial conflict regions in the world, but I know that everything that I have experienced and will experience will only contribute to the betterment of my adult life and how I'm gonna undertake different difficult situations that it will bring with it.

so tbh, I think that each country in the world should have at least one year of mandatory service so that more young adults could have the chance to build themself up and face difficulties especially with how pussified the western world has gotten in recent years.
love you bro

Reactions: List

Pesmar

Proton
Nebulae
ix1y8eb.jpg
bruh

ruben slikk

life aint shut but a fat vagin
Nebulae
i toyed with the idea of enlisting at several moments of my life when my future was very uncertain, literally was a day away from shipping off to training about a year ago but always ended up pussying out. i'm decently in shape and everything, but my mental fortitude is honestly garbage, i have zero discipline and a massive problem with authority. i don't think i'd be a very good element in the armed forces despite the military being one of my "dream" career paths when i was a kid. still very interested in military history, formations and equipment tho xd

rip my sapper dreamz

ruben slikk

Nebulae
Maybe off topic, but I completely disagree and am opposed to the idea of conscription.

Not everyone wants to join the military, and not everyone wants to stay in that country. It's unethical to force someone into a field they may be terrified and incapable of.

fight me
You're a citizen of a country where you were raised, fed, and educated

As a citizen of that country there is an explicit obligation to serve it, because with rights also come duties.

That's essentially how I see the issue of national service in countries that have it, though my opinion might aswell not matter because where I live the idea of "national service" is a two-day seminar where bored foreign legion NCOs with heavy accents tell you (part of a 40-person heterogeneous group of teenagers, their only similarity being retardation) about how cool the french army is, and then you get to eat yummy mess slop and look at a tank.

FreeSpy

Atom
Nebulae
You're a citizen of a country where you were raised, fed, and educated

As a citizen of that country there is an explicit obligation to serve it, because with rights also come duties.

That's essentially how I see the issue of national service in countries that have it, though my opinion might aswell not matter because where I live the idea of "national service" is a two-day seminar where bored foreign legion NCOs with heavy accents tell you (part of a 40-person heterogeneous group of teenagers, their only similarity being retardation) about how cool the french army is, and then you get to eat yummy mess slop and look at a tank.
I don't agree with conscription, especially because of how politics are here. I feel as if I'm serving a politician who is willing to send me to die because he fucking wants a vote or two so they gotta attack our political enemy or something along the lines of that. I don't want to be involved with a military that'll fuck my life over because of something a politician decides. It is not optional to be educated here, but the government does not provide you with any money to get 'free education'. We don't get fed by the country, we get fed by ourselves, and those that are homeless? No

Point is, you say that people are raised, fed and educated when 2, hell maybe even all three never happen here, sure, my opinion is biased because of where I live, but that is the shitty reality, and I respect all those who serve and only wish for the best for them and their families, but I do not wish to serve a country that half the time is basically citizens vs government modern day edition because of how laws and how widespread corruption is

ruben slikk

Nebulae
I don't agree with conscription, especially because of how politics are here. I feel as if I'm serving a politician who is willing to send me to die because he fucking wants a vote or two so they gotta attack our political enemy or something along the lines of that. I don't want to be involved with a military that'll fuck my life over because of something a politician decides. It is not optional to be educated here, but the government does not provide you with any money to get 'free education'. We don't get fed by the country, we get fed by ourselves, and those that are homeless? No

Point is, you say that people are raised, fed and educated when 2, hell maybe even all three never happen here, sure, my opinion is biased because of where I live, but that is the shitty reality, and I respect all those who serve and only wish for the best for them and their families, but I do not wish to serve a country that half the time is basically citizens vs government modern day edition because of how laws and how widespread corruption is
Mmh sorry dude i wasn't taking failed states in account when i wrote my post

Nick

OK DOING
Nebulae

Conscript army + 18-29 year old retards = ???
I feel safer already.

Finnish NCOs have the patience of fucking saints.

Use subtitles if you want to understand shit.

Tinbe

Molecule
Nebulae

Conscript army + 18-29 year old retards = ???
I feel safer already.

Finnish NCOs have the patience of fucking saints.

Use subtitles if you want to understand shit.

Fun fact about the translation of "alikersantti" meaning "corporal":
Alikersantti (Undersergeant in Swedish) is the lowest Finnish non-commissioned officer military rank. Alikersantti is one rank above a Korpraali (Lance-Corporal) and one below a Kersantti (Sergeant). A holder of this rank is typically a squad leader, assistant squad leader, gun section leader or a fighting vehicle commander.
-Wikipedia
Etymology-wise, you'd think alikersantti (ali [under] + kersantti [sergeant]) would technically translate to "Lance-Sergeant" in English, but nope :v

Oswinner

Electron
Nebulae
Fun fact about the translation of "alikersantti" meaning "corporal":

Etymology-wise, you'd think alikersantti (ali [under] + kersantti [sergeant]) would technically translate to "Lance-Sergeant" in English, but nope :v
Going on a tangent here, Lance-Sergeant is Corporal equivalent in the Guards Division in the British army and they get the three stripes like a Sergeant too but you can tell the difference between a full and lance sergeant if their cap badge is gold or silver coloured.

Clokr

Atom
Nebulae
Going on a tangent here, Lance-Sergeant is Corporal equivalent in the Guards Division in the British army and they get the three stripes like a Sergeant too but you can tell the difference between a full and lance sergeant if their cap badge is gold or silver coloured.
Even more difficult thing here is just sometimes in my field we can have a “Second Sergeant.” And the funny thing is they don’t have anything to tell them, no shoulder stripes, no general distinction, and they change every morning during parade. Mainly Second Sergeants are at the far left flank of the Battalion, and literally serve no purpose except being the far left next to the Battalion Sergeant Major.

Oswinner

Electron
Nebulae
Even more difficult thing here is just sometimes in my field we can have a “Second Sergeant.” And the funny thing is they don’t have anything to tell them, no shoulder stripes, no general distinction, and they change every morning during parade. Mainly Second Sergeants are at the far left flank of the Battalion, and literally serve no purpose except being the far left next to the Battalion Sergeant Major.
Let's be honest the American Armed Forces are drowned up to the gills in ranks, there are loads.

Clokr

Atom
Nebulae
Let's be honest the American Armed Forces are drowned up to the gills in ranks, there are loads.
Too many for our own good sometimes. But the good thing is you really don’t see any of them except up to about First Sergeant because then it’s mainly all office work with logistics and shit. Rest up to that point you see with the companies and so on.

Oswinner

Electron
Nebulae
Too many for our own good sometimes. But the good thing is you really don’t see any of them except up to about First Sergeant because then it’s mainly all office work with logistics and shit. Rest up to that point you see with the companies and so on.
Well, that's fair.

Ond

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae

ca9ef30bf9.jpg

Nothing makes a man tremble more in his boots, than entering the depot to be faced with the soulless, perpetually angry staff who inhabit such an inhospitable hellscape of an area on-base. Abandon hope, all ye who enter.

There are whispers of ways to get your way when confronting these demonic entities, some speak of offering a sacrifice in the form of a dark liquid, it's name "Coffee". Ancient tales even speak of enlisted having befriended these creatures of the darker realms with earthly sweets, like cake.

I have made the dangerous journey many-a-time in my life, but none without hassle and fear.​