National Guard Comments, Complaints, and Criticisms

Tinbe

Molecule
Nebulae
Well most escapees immediate response was to take up arms and go into combat
After living in a shithole of a prison where everybody was scheduled to become stalkerized? Yeah, I don't blame escapees for wanting to burn the entire place to the ground.
But I digress, this is going too off-topic, and I've made my point.

Sil

jus one more fing
Nebulae
This is a situation you put your character in, allying with the Authoritarian nationalist military dictatorship probably wasn't the best idea when you're a species minority
Wanted to play a native Vort, and I would expect a native Vort would side with the native authority instead of this rebel position of dividing and conquering every single new location they go to.

What else is a vort supposed to do on this map to maintain consistent RP? There has been nothing there to support us RP wise, no focus, practically no actual contact on what to do.

Reactions: List
Nebulae
What else is a vort supposed to do on this map to maintain consistent RP? There has been nothing there to support us RP wise, no focus, practically no actual contact on what to do.

While I agree that overall the Vortigaunt faction does not get the most love it deserves (this seemed to start changing in the Alps, haven't played since then so I don't know now), let's stay on-topic of the thread.

Ron

Developer
Developer
HL2 RP Server Director
Nebulae
This is a situation you put your character in, allying with the Authoritarian nationalist military dictatorship probably wasn't the best idea when you're a species minority
the fact this is being brought on the forums instead of being handled ICly perfectly sums up most of the issues of this iteration

Nebulae
the fact this is being brought on the forums instead of being handled ICly perfectly sums up most of the issues of this iteration
argh back in my day we got pked for running down the street and took them like a champ now look what our youth has done to our perfect gamemode!!!!
sometimes I wish I could seriously type this completely ironically

Lewis!

フローラルの専門店
Nebulae
Wanted to play a native Vort, and I would expect a native Vort would side with the native authority instead of this rebel position of dividing and conquering every single new location they go to.

You didn't mention any of this to me at all when I confronted you, how am I meant to act on information I don't know about.

I'm sorry man but you not being able to get consistent RP just isn't my problem, I manage perfectly fine on my own Vort.

Sil

jus one more fing
Nebulae
You didn't mention any of this to me at all when I confronted you, how am I meant to act on information I don't know about.

I'm sorry man but you not being able to get consistent RP just isn't my problem, I manage perfectly fine on my own Vort.
My description starts with "A grizzled vort with a uniquely-Romanian accent" I am not sure what else I can do other than mess with helix to get the romanian flag emoji to appear as the first thing.

I spoke in Romanian several times. I get a lot of characters on this map have gotten romanian flags but still, there's a fair point that says "this character may be romanian".

People have mentioned my name over radio several times. Bagaret is romanian.

I didn't mention it because no one goes "oh by the way I am actually Romanian and have lived in Romania for my life" when confronted with "fucking frog get the fuck out of my HQ I will count from 5 and if you aren't gone I will blow your head off"

bilack

Electron
Nebulae
My description starts with "A grizzled vort with a uniquely-Romanian accent" I am not sure what else I can do other than mess with helix to get the romanian flag emoji to appear as the first thing.

I spoke in Romanian several times. I get a lot of characters on this map have gotten romanian flags but still, there's a fair point that says "this character may be romanian".

I didn't mention it because no one goes "oh by the way I am actually Romanian and have lived in Romania for my life" when confronted with "fucking frog get the fuck out of my HQ I will count from 5 and if you aren't gone I will blow your head off"
I am Romanian and can attest that Băgăreț is a Romanian name (more like a nickname, no one legally names their child Băgăreț)

Sil

jus one more fing
Nebulae
I am Romanian and can attest that Băgăreț is a Romanian name (more like a nickname, no one legally names their child Băgăreț)
wanted the name Interloper in Romanian because, makes sense, its an Alien in a place he's foreign to but is there regardless.

Lewis!

フローラルの専門店
Nebulae
My description is starts with "A grizzled vort with a uniquely-Romanian accent" I am not sure what else I can do other than mess with helix to get the romanian flag emoji to appear as the first thing.
Romaina =/= Bucharest, you could be from anywhere. You could have been in the region for a long time. This doesn't spell loyalty to the Government. I've personally played Vorts who adopt certain limited aspects of human culture/grammer/speach patterns, for example a Vortigaunt from the Russian region doesn't mean they're from Moscow.

1: I've never heard you speak Romanian
2: I don't use the rebel channel, nor do I know Romanian names. My character isn't even Romanian.

You are intentionally being dumb now.

There are a million in-character things you could have said. "I took part in Bloody Week", "I fought for this city's freedom," etc. You failing to appeal to my character's nationalism and getting treated accordingly is not my problem, stop complaining about your own actions.

Nebulae
As I mentioned, I was literally told by @Appetite Ruining Kebab that for me siding with NG that I was considered effectively vilified and a traitor to the rebels. Then a character came to my bakery shortly afterwards just to tell me that in-character, near word for word. Whether or not it was him as a character, I don't know

It was not

The fact you haven't been headhunted by the Marshal or suffered any other consequence besides @Lewis! yelling at you IC should say everything it needs to. Just because the current despot has a specific bent (that is rooted in his backstory & views and not "baseless xenophobia) doesn't mean we're aiming to kick you out.

Treat it as an RP opportunity and don't take that as code for "PK anyone who mistreats you IC" because that does not make you any better (same with anyone else)

End of the day, this is just one era in a city of endless power struggles. The next one might be wholly different

Sil

jus one more fing
Nebulae
Romaina =/= Bucharest, you could be from anywhere. You could have been in the region for a long time. This doesn't spell loyalty to the Government.

1: I've never heard you speak Romanian
2: I don't use the rebel channel, nor do I know Romanian names. My character isn't even Romanian.

You are intentionally being dumb now.

There are a million in-character things you could have said. "I took part in Bloody Week", "I fought for this city's freedom," etc. You failing to appeal to my character's nationalism and getting treated accordingly is not my problem, stop complaining about your own actions.

I fucking told you and several people there will attest to it that I helped in the couple raids on the PD. But you know I was told by several people to not try and piss you off, so instead I tried initially taking a more quiet, meek, friendly approach, not a "I AM A DIREHARD BUCHAREST ROMANIAN PATRIOT I HAVE KILLED 129,682,582,763 COMBINE SYMPATHISERS" to the guy who already starts off with "a fucking frog, in our ranks?"

Did you not think that a Vortigaunt being given the known title of Private might mean that Vortigaunt actually shows some loyalty?

Sil

jus one more fing
Nebulae
It was not

The fact you haven't been headhunted by the Marshal or suffered any other consequence besides @Lewis! yelling at you IC should say everything it needs to. Just because the current despot has a specific bent (that is rooted in his backstory & views and not "baseless xenophobia) doesn't mean we're aiming to kick you out.

Treat it as an RP opportunity and don't take that as code for "PK anyone who mistreats you IC" because that does not make you any better (same with anyone else)

End of the day, this is just one era in a city of endless power struggles. The next one might be wholly different
I am treating it as an RP opportunity and working to see what I can do with it, it's just one that's frustrating to deal with is all.

Lewis!

フローラルの専門店
Nebulae
I fucking told you and several people there will attest to it that I helped in the couple raids on the PD.
You helping out on a raid doesn't = loyalty to the cause. You could have benefited from it in a multitude of ways, for all I know you were there as a merc.
o instead I tried initially taking a more quiet, meek, friendly approach, not a "I AM A DIREHARD BUCHAREST ROMANIAN PATRIOT I HAVE KILLED 129,682,582,763 COMBINE SYMPATHISERS"
Don't care, your problem.

Did you not think that a Vortigaunt being given the known title of Private might mean that Vortigaunt actually shows some loyalty?
No I don't think that actually, my character has been campaigning against Xenians as his backstory.

For all he knows you're just another Rebel spy, a foreign element that cannot be trusted at all.

FieldersNL

heck
Nebulae
Yeah I only saw one vort do it, that part frustrated me a lot. Nothing against Weaver, I just was there and saw a vort and Harland jumping the fence behind the guards just to shoot them in the back mid firefight
Idk what was going on, I was told the NG had killed some unarmed civilians, causing a huge chaos all around and Harland had the idea to teleport him and to take down the APC to give those inside the club a chance and from there, I just engaged the NG to give my friends inside a chance to escape I guess.

Nebulae
I am treating it as an RP opportunity and working to see what I can do with it, it's just one that's frustrating to deal with is all.

Yeah well please express it like that instead of accusing the faction of trying to ruin your fun or of nothing being done with the vortigaunts (when i am already stretched razor thin doing everything) because it is frustrating to read some of this too

I think I'll take the initiative and deal with this IC later, im out of this thread meanwhile

Sil

jus one more fing
Nebulae
Yeah well please express it like that instead of accusing the faction of trying to kill you or of nothing being done with the vortigaunts (when i am already stretched razor thin doing everything) because it is frustrating to read some of this too

I think I'll take the initiative and deal with this IC later, im out of this thread meanwhile
It's not the faction in a major sense. Most of the faction is fine and cool with it.

The reason I'm bringing it up is because it's a specific issue and one I am complaining about, in the CCC thread.

rob

Nebulae
a majority of what the vorts are supposed to be doing is incredibly unclear and uncertain
just gonna chime in on this, ARK is doing literally everything rn so this is not a surprise, please go easy on him and just do what you can with your Vort while he pushes the boulder that is this server like Sisyphus up the hill

avralwobniar

Atom
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
This kind of behavior where you dismiss other people's feelings? That's going to cause other people to just... you know, leave. They're not getting paid for this, it's not part of some government program. Roleplay is for fun. If it's not fun, why even bother?
it was funny and I dont know why youre talking about a shitty roleplay server like I think it's some government mandated obligation to play. that makes it more funny