Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
welcome to AAA entertainment

this has been a thing in games and movies for years

Reactions: List

Rabid

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
I think some of the points get pushed a little bit too far honestly, especially regarding TLOU.

I saw the trailer as a snippet of what Ellie's life is like before things to hell, five years on. It isn't a negative for me.

Akula

Sangheili Bias
Nebulae
why are nibbas acting like ellie being a dyke is new when it was in the first game lmao

yeah fuckin SJW's ruining our games by continuing plot points from the original

MaelRadecs

Best Damn ODST
Nebulae
why are nibbas acting like ellie being a dyke is new when it was in the first game lmao

yeah fuckin SJW's ruining our games by continuing plot points from the original
Woah, I didn't even mention TLOU, this is more about the companies moves in general and with Uncharted. Ellie being a dyke is not what I'm talking about at all, though I think that the kiss in the trailer would be better as a scene in the game as it seemed completely irrelevant to show at E3.

Ond

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
Ellie being a dyke is not what I'm talking about at all, though I think that the kiss in the trailer would be better as a scene in the game as it seemed completely irrelevant to show at E3.
it was a "Naughty Dog YES!" moment to show to appeal to that kind of people I assume

Akula

Sangheili Bias
Nebulae
Woah, I didn't even mention TLOU, this is more about the companies moves in general and with Uncharted. Ellie being a dyke is not what I'm talking about at all, though I think that the kiss in the trailer would be better as a scene in the game as it seemed completely irrelevant to show at E3.

There seems to be a lot of baby rage from the gamer gunk crowd complaining about how TLOU 2 is a sjw game because the main character just happens to be lesbian despite that being a plot point of the original game and people not bitching about it then.

The outrage culture swings both ways and people these days wanna dogpile on the whole OWN THE LIBS thing which is a big detriment to actual discourse.

I'm just starting the video now so i will comment on it when ive actually watched it

MaelRadecs

Best Damn ODST
Nebulae
it was a "Naughty Dog YES!" moment to show to appeal to that kind of people I assume
Right and I totally get appealing to a specific crowd. I hope they don't end up completely pushing out male protagonists though just to appeal to feminism. The last Uncharted expansion that did come out had no sign of the main character, Nathan. I hope that Joel isn't completely pushed out of the equation, as we've seen more screen time of new characters that we know nothing about more than Joel so far.

Ellie being the main character and even being a lesbian is fine, but throwing a kiss directly into the E3 first scene seems to be virtue signaling more than anything.

Akula

Sangheili Bias
Nebulae
Right and I totally get appealing to a specific crowd. I hope they don't end up completely pushing out male protagonists though just to appeal to feminism. The last Uncharted expansion that did come out had no sign of the main character, Nathan. I hope that Joel isn't completely pushed out of the equation, as we've seen more screen time of new characters that we know nothing about more than Joel so far.

Expansions tend to be used to explore sidestories or epilouges/proluges, usually detached from the main character and story.

Unless Joel dies, which is probably pretty viable and at this point pretty acceptable in terms of story, I highly doubt they're going to sideline him

Ellie being the main character and even being a lesbian is fine, but throwing a kiss directly into the E3 first scene seems to be virtue signaling more than anything.

It's called marketing my guy

MaelRadecs

Best Damn ODST
Nebulae
Expansions tend to be used to explore sidestories or epilouges/proluges, usually detached from the main character and story.

Unless Joel dies, which is probably pretty viable and at this point pretty acceptable in terms of story, I highly doubt they're going to sideline him

It's called marketing my guy
My bad, wasn't an expansion, it was an entire game. I haven't been caught up with Uncharted recently.

As for the whole marketing thing, yeah I suppose I can see that. As for Uncharted, they did change elements of the story which is pretty disappointing for veterans who've been playing for years.

Akula

Sangheili Bias
Nebulae
I still don't really see all the drama here

these days we live in a more open and progressive society and our culture and entertainment merely reflects that now. Of course there are rather egregious examples of pushing too far, the latest Wolfenstein comes to mind, but I wouldn't really accuse Naughty Dog of the same thing.

But hey, I'm not a Uncharted fan, so what would I know.

Postino

Atom
Nebulae
This seriously makes me think: how the fuck does a super vocal yet small af minority convince multi-million companies to conform to their exaggerated agenda?

So every game is supposed to have black people, trans people and protagonist women?

It'd be one thing if a woman or whatever "minority" society "hates" were in a videogame for reasons outside the prevention of triggering people and media outlets with the same stupid fucking mindset.

Kafe

Level Design nomad
Nebulae
This seriously makes me think: why the fuck does a super vocal yet small af minority convince multi-million companies to conform to their exaggerated agenda?

So every game is supposed to have black people, trans people and protagonist women?

It'd be one thing if a woman or whatever "minority" society "hates" were in a videogame for reasons outside the prevention of triggering people and media outlets with the same stupid fucking mindset.
Well, it could just be as simple as the writers wanting to make a story with those characters.
People tend to overlook that concept though.

Blackquill

Administrator
Head Staff
Nebulae
Well, it could just be as simple as the writers wanting to make a story with those characters.
People tend to overlook that concept though.
And marketing

It's a marketable topic right now.

Akula

Sangheili Bias
Nebulae
This seriously makes me think: how the fuck does a super vocal yet small af minority convince multi-million companies to conform to their exaggerated agenda?

does having black, trans or women characters make the game worse

Blackquill

Administrator
Head Staff
Nebulae
does having black, trans or women characters make the game worse
Not if the characters actually feel like they've had effort, actual depth and thought put into them

It does make the game worse if they are one dimensional characters there to fill in some quota.