NEBULA JUNIOR SUPERLEAGUE 01

`impulse

Head Staff
Nebulae

I3hb7IS.png

OCTOBER 6 @ 21:00 UTC (9:00 PM +0:00)
ORGANIZED BY ███████ ██████ AND █████ █████████ IN ASSOCIATION WITH ██████████████

ROUTE

SYOTY9B.jpg

COMPETITION
  • One participant = one vehicle
  • Starting order will depend on vehicle speed
  • Each participant must pay an entry fee of $500 per person
  • The prize pool will be split 70/30 among the top two winners
  • Any participants reaching the top 4 while driving a Reliant Robin will be awarded an additional $200

RULES
  • You must start at checkpoint 1, pass checkpoint 2 while being seen by the awaiting Organizer, and arrive at checkpoint 3
  • All persons must be wearing a mask to conceal their identity
  • No firearms of any kind are allowed to be present
  • No excessive contact between participating vehicles
  • No contact of emergency vehicles
  • No harming of any Organizers

Not adhering to these rules will result in disqualification. Organizers can and will disqualify participants for any reason they see fit.

// ASIDE
While I know that sprints (especially fairly short ones like this) aren't the most favoured kind of race, it's the easiest to set up given the current lack of mechanics to coordinate a proper race. For example, there isn't a way to actually set this route onto your GPS, so you'll have to either run through the sprint a few times on your own or set some waypoints real quick :~)

Just keep in mind that this is basically a small "test race" to see how things play out. Try and have some fun here, this event isn't just about the prize money.

Andrew

Atom
Nebulae
this is what gta needs, there has to be more set-time events that encourage silliness and fun
i will remain on my hill that mortal kombat events are fun, however

Reactions: List

Northgate

:D
HL2 RP Administrator
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
I'm gonna use my Reliant Robin to flip over at the perfect angle, allowing me perfect slide speed and the ability to win this race

Northgate

:D
HL2 RP Administrator
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
i will only participate (on a cousin) if Steady participates in his clown van, thank you

Kafe

Level Design nomad
Nebulae
Good fun!

Main issue I think we had out there was just not being able to do multi-step waypoints to make a followable path for us all.
managed to improvise off memory on the map in the end though.
Also it seems we cleared that race distance far quicker than anyone was expecting, caught up to me super quick haha.

Aether

Molecule
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
New show 'Speed Racers' coming to Current Affairs Entertainment in the next couple of days! Stay tuned #AD

boots

spooky skellys
HL2 RP Senior Administrator
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
Got a recording of my POV if anyone wants to know

Ay that's a 4 minute race, not too shabby!

Hoping to see more events like this in the future, hopefully with improved waypointing and more advanced tracks. Looks fun as fuck, can't wait for everyone to be able to bring their own player vehicles to the races

Kafe

Level Design nomad
Nebulae
can't wait for everyone to be able to bring their own player vehicles to the races
I brought mine, although I think pretty much every other one was a stolen vehicle incase there were police, I assume they'd be able to get your plates and get a warrant out on the owner

If we had the means to conceal your licence plates though...
maybe with a tool in your inventory or a auto shop feature, that would be quite handy to have.

Would of course mean you'd likely get arrested/ pulled over for casually having it on the street, but if you're doing a crime, it's only a problem if you're caught.