Nebulous, do you believe in an afterlife/god? Why? Why not?

Kafe

Level Design nomad
Nebulae
My money is on reincarnation, but I guess we'll find out, if you bet otherwise, I'll pay you on the other side.

Reactions: List

Axi0m

Quark
Nebulae
When I was younger, I used to lay in bed at night and stress out about this but now I don't really care. Whatever happens is likely gonna happen. Thinking about your own mortality and stuff isn't much fun!

Nebulae
i personally am absolutely terrified of the thought that- after death, there is nothing. most nights I lay awake just worrying about it, so usually I try to comfort myself in the thought that there is *something* after death. could be anything really and id be happy to still have a consciousness of some form. for me the idea of death just being nothing, an endless black void, is terrifying. you no longer see, you no longer think, you no longer feel, you no longer see. you know nothing. really scary, at least for me.

Deleted member 3713

My dick way too small to have y’all on it.
Nebulae
I do believe in god/afterlife mostly because, kind of what many people here said, a refusal to believe that there is nothing after we die. Also because personal close calls in life and i guess a somewhat religious background enhances that belief in the afterlife in a way.

Deadlock

Quark
Nebulae
I am an aethist myself, but I do believe in an afterlife, mostly from paranormal activity stuff.

Would be pretty boring staring at the top of your coffin for an eternity.

D

Deleted member 4795

I think it's like before you were born.

Nothing to worry about, nothing to fear.

Tzula

Molecule
Nebulae
I recently went over a reddit post recently.
I don't buy any of the posts but it really opened my mind a bit.

And I'm absolutely terrified.
like, what if there isn't.

Last edited:

friendly

god, syria and bashar
B A N N E D
Nebulae
my only spiritual guidance is tapes of winston churchill and her majesty's orders

'77 East

`impulse-approved
Nebulae
My money is on reincarnation, but I guess we'll find out, if you bet otherwise, I'll pay you on the other side.
With what currency, a reincarnated dollar bill?

Matty

Proton
Nebulae
I mean, kind of?
I like thinking there's a God, but just no-one's gotten it right.
Like there's just no way Humanity got to talk with GOD himself and NOT edit it to forward their own agendas.
That and human error.
Human error would have fucked those texts so hard.

vinny the rat

Proton
Nebulae
of course

who else would i pray to for forgiveness after jerking off to questionable things?

Thood74

Molecule
Premium Member
Nebulae
I believe in a god for many reasons, mostly that, well, the other alternative after death is terrifying.

Endless nothing.

For the rest of your life, or lackthereof.