Nebulous, do you believe in an afterlife/god? Why? Why not?

Discussion in 'General' started by maxi, Jun 18, 2019.

1. Tinbe

Tinbe Current real-life year + 7 = Current HL2RP IC year
    Premium Member

Nebulae:
    I think I had a sleep paralysis during a nap one time, and it was pretty tense. Could hardly breathe, and I thought I saw a shadowy figure sitting on a nearby bed with a lantern on its lap. Once I snapped out of it, I could see that my mind had just been exaggerating a shadow coming from outside a window opposite to the bed, with a glint of light in the middle of the dark area being what had looked like a lantern. This is still a lot tamer compared to what I've heard others going through. I've read that the trick to getting out of sleep paralysis quick is wiggle your extremities, like toes. Helped me when I was feeling paralyzed another time.

2. Deadpool

Deadpool A turtle made it to the water

Nebulae:
    its cool ill check it out thanks

3. Hollows

Hollows Research Associate
    Premium Member

Nebulae:
    I'd have to say that we'll truly never know what lays beyond the transcendence of death. Another life perhaps? or an Afterlife? We all choose to believe what makes us feel most at ease and for me, that is that there are new lives being created every day so it's not far fetched to believe that the soul is recycled. But, I don't want to bore you with spiritual mumbo-jumbo.

• nebulous nebulous x 1
  4. Bronn

Bronn Molecule

Nebulae:
    most I'm willing to believe in is that we were created by something far from our understanding that has nothing to do with what religion preaches

• nebulous nebulous x 2
  5. Poopship McGee

Poopship McGee Old Stock Canadian

Nebulae:
    "God does not want to redeem us through our own, but through external, righteousness and wisdom, not through one that comes from us and grows in us, but through one that comes from outside; not through one that originates here on earth, but through one that comes from heaven." ~ Martin Luther.

We do not, or at least should not do good works in order to become acceptable to God, but because God accepts us we do good works.

"You would have to spend a long time polishing your shoes, preening and primping to attain an inheritance, if you had no letter and seal with which you could prove your right to it. But if you have a letter and seal, and believe, desire, and seek it, it must be given to you, even though you were scaly, scabby, and most filthy." ~ Martin Luther.

6. Candle

Candle uwu
    Premium Member

Nebulae:
    oh, i actually have experience in this!

it's been a thing every few nights for me since i was younger? suggested that it was just mental-- as in the frequency, specifically. it gets a lot less horrifying when you're used to it and give them names

• nebulous nebulous x 1
  7. HBaguette

HBaguette Quark

Nebulae:
    this is gonna sound edgy but uh

no but i really, really want to
    it doesn't seem likely since we don't actually exist in the same way our meat does. the consciousness is just a name for less than 0.1 volts of electricity doing shit and it'll stop doing shit once the mechanisms fuelling its generation break down, which is known as death. i don't reasonably see anything happening after that, the minuscule amount of electrical energy that makes up you, the consciousness, will just be transferred into other types of energy as the laws of thermodynamics dictate.

so, i guess you could say that in a way, there is an afterlife, just not one you'll ever be aware of or conscious for. you'll go on to become heat in the air, or the movement of the wind, or maybe even the light from a star in a few billion years, but you'll be a tiny, negligible part of it that probably won't even factor in to most calculations. if you're lucky, you might become part of someone else, the energy that makes up their consciousness.

8. Broly

Broly Nucleus

Nebulae:
    dont worry, this didn't sound edgy. just cringe

• nebulous nebulous x 2
  9. Isuckatgaming

Isuckatgaming Rictal-Approved

Nebulae:
    Sleep paralysis ain't fun gamer

Never seen shadowy figures myself but it is terrifying

It is a lot more bearable after the first time though

• nebulous nebulous x 1
  10. OneClassyBanana

OneClassyBanana mr roboto
    HL2 RP Administrator Premium Member

Nebulae:
    yeah but not in the traditional sense really

i’m pretty spiritual but not super religious so the afterlife i believe in is based on the idea that nothing really ever dies at the base level — the matter and energy that all things are made of will just take on another form and move on some day

we were all someone or something in the past well before our great grandparents were even convinced and we will be someone or something else in the future long beyond the death of our current bodies

we all leave permanent and immutable impacts and ripples in the universe

and then some day we all return to the earth we came from and become something new and special all over again as we always have

• nebulous nebulous x 1
  11. Codfather

Codfather Shit fuck

Nebulae:
    nothing after death is a scary thought, that's why it's so easy to believe in religion, it's not something you can simply disprove, it's the easy blue pill honestly.

what's scary is that with people so scared of thinking there's nothing after death the alternative is religion, and everything that comes with it, such as cults such as heavens gate which literally are fuelled with promises of the afterlife, but in the very present tense, literal suicide.

this phenomenon just proves to us how people are so blind when it comes to thinking about the afterlife, they'll do anything by the means necessary to get to this promised 'heaven' even if it means doing unspeakable things. I just believe the whole psychology behind religion is extremely fucked.

• nebulous nebulous x 3
  12. Chadwick

Chadwick Rictal-Approved

Nebulae:

Not being able to watch coddieboys stream after death terrifies me

• nebulous nebulous x 6
  13. Codfather

Codfather Shit fuck

Nebulae:
    god forbid powley

• nebulous nebulous x 2
  14. nexus

nexus barbecue chips aint shit

Nebulae:
    John Lemon

15. afric

afric `impulse-approved

Nebulae:
    John Lemon

• nebulous nebulous x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice