Nebulous, do you believe in an afterlife/god? Why? Why not?

Raiden

cool cat
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
I like the elder scrolls concept where if you think you're a god really hard you'll actually become one

Reactions: List

Komchan

nen
Nebulae
I utterly despise the ideas of "oh you lose your memories but reincarnate so yur rly alive"
I disagree.
While some arbitrary part of your body remaining after death is a concept, your memories make who YOU are.

Wipe away your memories, you will be a different person.
Give you different memories, effectively, you will be a different person.
Our memories shape WHO we are.
Go through something traumatic, as tragic as is, makes you the person you are today - And you can grow from it further.
Wipe our memories, we lose any semblance of progress,

Bronn

Atom
Nebulae
I have a lot of reasons to

A lot of people have a lot of reasons to

"o merciful God why hath you taketh away my family from me, what the fuck, dude"

imagine praying every day just to get sprayed inside a church by some trigger happy extremist

Charlie

Atom
Nebulae
imagine praying every day just to get sprayed inside a church by some trigger happy extremist
I could imagine that there's some sort of God.

There is no way that I will ever believe in the 'merciful' God that people commonly believe in.

Bronn

Atom
Nebulae
I could imagine that there's some sort of God.

There is no way that I will ever believe in the 'merciful' God that people commonly believe in.

the God people most commonly believe in is made up alongside his rules just to keep people under control during the old times imo

Deleted member 61

donator without a cause
Nebulae
this is bait
no, it's just me stating what i believe to be true, and not bothering to argue over my faith with a bunch of fedora flippin neckbeards (assuming they're old enough to grow a neckbeard) because they don't believe in anything, so what's the point?

I prefer Muslims and Jews to atheists. Atheists are actually the worst.

At least Jews and Muslims can hold a decent conversation about religion and their beliefs.

Goatson

Guardian
Nebulae
no, it's just me stating what i believe to be true, and not bothering to argue over my faith with a bunch of fedora flippin neckbeards (assuming they're old enough to grow a neckbeard) because they don't believe in anything, so what's the point?

I prefer Muslims and Jews to atheists. Atheists are actually the worst.

At least Jews and Muslims can hold a decent conversation about religion and their beliefs.
imagine falling for the ”non-religious are fedora neckbeard redditors” meme
this post was made by agnostic gang

Deleted member 61

donator without a cause
Nebulae
imagine falling for the ”non-religious are fedora neckbeard redditors” meme
this post was made by agnostic gang

Agnostic=/=Atheist.

It's alright to be uncertain whether or not God exists, but to flatly deny His existence is cringe.

As for the 'meme', it's a lived experience considering I've met these types of people in middle school.

Goatson

Guardian
Nebulae
Agnostic=/=Atheist.

It's alright to be uncertain whether or not God exists, but to flatly deny His existence is cringe.

As for the 'meme', it's a lived experience considering I've met these types of people in middle school.
Agnosticism is closely linked to atheism as agnosticism is basically an extention of atheism based in the fact of unprovability rather than flat acceptance that there is nothing

And unlike you I can respect others beliefs

:^)

Deleted member 61

donator without a cause
Nebulae
Agnosticism is closely linked to atheism as agnosticism is basically an extention of atheism based in the fact of unprovability rather than flat acceptance that there is nothing
No, they're two different things.

One is denying the possibility of God.
One is admitting uncertainty of where there is a God or not.

Just because you say they're closely linked, doesn't make them closely linked lol.

In terms of respecting beliefs, I find that funny, considering I have better conversations with Jews and Muslims, despite the fact that my faith condemns non-believers to Hell. I'm open minded enough to have read the Qu'ran, and read into Jewish Torah. But sure, I'm intolerant of other faiths lol.