Serious Nebulous HL2RP finally on the decline?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zak

Resident xenophile
Nebulae
Can’t even speak up without getting an angry mob after you just because you’re concerned with other servers becoming better then the one you love. Just forget it. Community wants me to shut up and call me dumb, fuck it
alright then, now is your chance, i'm directly asking you to list some actual things that you think need improvement, rather than these non-specific "oh things are better on other servers"

no pretense, no setup for mocking, no angry mob, nothing like that; show me some actual specifics, and i'll admit i was wrong in earlier posts

Zombine

DevelopersDevelopersDevelop
Nebulae
"i can't believe they don't agree with me!", exclaims local man, flashing his opinion to passersby with no data to conceal it.

Reactions: List

keiiou

I asked to be banned
B A N N E D
Nebulae
people have been preaching the end of the server and the gamemode for half a decade now - yet everything is still up and running as normal, why would it be different this time

TheMilkman™

Nebulous Youtuber
Nebulae
alright then, now is your chance, i'm directly asking you to list some actual things that you think need improvement, rather than these non-specific "oh things are better on other servers"

no pretense, no setup for mocking, no angry mob, nothing like that; show me some actual specifics, and i'll admit i was wrong in earlier posts
Ok time for the big one
#1: Items are easier to obtain due to more events and more opportunities to gain items, this in chance prevents script whoring because I am not tempted to grab an item such as a gun that takes months to get.
#2: More events make the server genuinely more interesting. There is a group or players dedicated
to just making events and it gives me something to look forward to every hour or sooner.
#3: Active head-staff and admins allow for things like factions to flourish. After a short week I was able to achieve a CP whitelist instead of waiting a total of over 8 months in total of trying on nebulous. Not just me being salty, just saying I shouldn't have to wait 2 months for a simple no. (Shoutout to Cloud for being nice about it atleast though. Love u homie <3)
#4: The entire map is accessible not splitting up the player base and restricting areas for role-play
I can make even more points by I enjoying a monopoly night rn and don’t have time for it.
Keep it mind this was all made after me and my friend went on the other HL2RP server and were shocked at how much more fun we were having and sad our own server wasn't as good. Made this post just to inspire an improvement. If you’d like to hate on me more you are free to do so.
[doublepost=1584584716][/doublepost]
Ok time for the big one
#1: Items are easier to obtain due to more events and more opportunities to gain items, this in chance prevents script whoring because I am not tempted to grab an item such as a gun that takes months to get.
#2: More events make the server genuinely more interesting. There is a group or players dedicated
to just making events and it gives me something to look forward to every hour or sooner.
#3: Active head-staff and admins allow for things like factions to flourish. After a short week I was able to achieve a CP whitelist instead of waiting a total of over 8 months in total of trying on nebulous. Not just me being salty, just saying I shouldn't have to wait 2 months for a simple no. (Shoutout to Cloud for being nice about it atleast though. Love u homie <3)
#4: The entire map is accessible not splitting up the player base and restricting areas for role-play
I can make even more points by I enjoying a monopoly night rn and don’t have time for it.
Keep it mind this was all made after me and my friend went on the other HL2RP server and were shocked at how much more fun we were having and sad our own server wasn't as good. Made this post just to inspire an improvement. If you’d like to hate on me more you are free to do so.
Only Dee Pixel is allowed to rate my posts Dumb. Id rather get a disagree and a reason. Can rate it dumb all ya like but it’s important arguments I am making. Concerns me that that when someone has the balls to speak up about server issues he gets rated down to the ground.

Last edited:

alex

I do things.
Head Staff
Nebulae
Only Dee Pixel is allowed to rate my posts Dumb. Id rather get a disagree and a reason. Can rate it dumb all ya like but it’s important arguments I am making
I think your issue is that you're posting as though everyone should only care about your experience and opinion.

You made only 3 points.

More events so you can get items, we keep tight control over the economy due to past issues and we've explained this literally hundreds of times so I'm not explaining it again.
Active staff so factions can flourish, this is a massively dumb argument to make because you're asking for less delegation.
More map access, you didn't even make a point here; the players demanded outlands for years whicih would result in actual split playerbase, we compromised with an entirely new section of a map without the need for a 2nd server.

All in all, you provided a lackluster 3 issues.

alex

I do things.
Head Staff
Nebulae
dead server, dead community, rictal got corona
shut it down

Pyro Paladin

Neutrino
Nebulae
Half-Life Roleplay will get a spike when Alyx comes out, undoubtedly. Coming from a community that had a balance of a military server and a city server, both set in the Half-Life universe, it's a careful balance to make, but each server has a unique style that draws a specific crowd. City RP is more slow-paced and less action-focused. Military RP (CMRP and WW3RP) is the opposite; faster-paced and more action-focused. Of course, these comparisons are relative to each other and not just general statements about the server's styles.

It's not helpful to look at it as a Nebulous server against a Nebulous server. Look at it as a community- we have another server for people to engage in roleplay in, and that's not going to harm either server in the long run. People will adjust after the hype of a new server and find a nebulous server that suits their playstyle.
That's not an issue- it's a win.

D

Deleted member 5162

local man in nebulous contacts COVID-19, President Alyx Grist issues an emergency shutdown to prevent spread of COVID-19. All nebucitizens are ordered to stay away from nebulous.cloud

D

Deleted member 3129

Ok time for the big one
[doublepost=1584584716][/doublepost]
Only Dee Pixel is allowed to rate my posts Dumb. Id rather get a disagree and a reason. Can rate it dumb all ya like but it’s important arguments I am making. Concerns me that that when someone has the balls to speak up about server issues he gets rated down to the ground.

Arnt you the guy that beat up afk people in the rdc just because they did it to your civilian?

Yeah. Its you, youre blacklisted bro.

Rabid

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
HL2RP still had 45+ players peak every day since Stasi's launch bar one day, who themselves have settled into a comfortable average medium too.

Neb has been "dying" since 2016. There's always "a silent majority" who thinks Neb is shit but somehow it has never actually had an impact. In the eyes of some Stasiland was going to kill HL2RP utterly and have 100/100 every day.

Neither server is going anywhere and that is for the better. We're one community at the end of the day.

Xyz

afk
Nebulae
just want 80 slot server back god it hurts it hurts so bad my ping is crying my ping is rolling on the floor and crying right now god please its all I want please god

Status
Not open for further replies.