Serious negativity

• Thread starter Deleted member 7099
  • Start date
Nebulae
It's improved, but it's still a fair bit toxic in certain parts and in how certain things are conducted.

Some people still get the piss taken out of them for things they do without considering that maybe there's a bit more substance to a person or a situation than "haha funny green man die".

It's just instead of people going up to you and saying it to your face, it's now hidden in memes or jokes that get loads of nebs because to most people it's just a funny thing.

Essentially, the toxicity and circle-jerk nature of some elements has just gone more private.
But there's not much point trying to parade this stuff about because you can't convince everyone.
The nebulous community ooc can sometimes be pretty toxic, but it certainly could be MUCH worse, atleast it doesnt bleed too much into the actual roleplay. I havent had too much trouble with people dicking eachother over in rp just because they dont personally like eachother, or maybe thats just because i havent noticed, im not too up to date on this servers drama.

Sil

jus one more fing
Nebulae
The nebulous community ooc can sometimes be pretty toxic, but it certainly could be MUCH worse, atleast it doesnt bleed too much into the actual roleplay. I havent had too much trouble with people dicking eachother over in rp just because they dont personally like eachother, or maybe thats just because i havent noticed, im not too up to date on this servers drama.
Just because it can be much worse doesn't make the state that it currently is, good.

For example, let's take the USA in the 1960s in comparison to the USA in current day.
In the 1960s, racism was rampant and many racial minorities were at severe, genuine risk of being killed for being a different race to others. They could be subject to horrible treatment and receive little to no support from anyone- police, government, local communities, people of that nature.

Now, let's compare the USA today.
Racism is still a prominent issue. And it's still something that's affecting a lot of people. However, racial minorities are significantly at less risk with regards to their lives and their health than they were in the 1960s. America wasn't as bad in the 60s, it's better now. It could be worse.

But that doesn't mean it's all sunshine, rainbows and happiness. We know it's okay, and we know it could be worse. But just because it can be worse doesn't mean we have to accept the conditions we're in now, or that we have to tolerate the bad stuff just because it could be worse. Of course it could be worse. But it's the sort of defence that doesn't really hold up in a circumstance like this, as it's still toxic in certain areas. Just because it's better than it used to be, doesn't mean it's good.

You said yourself, you haven't had too much trouble with it. The actual roleplay side of things can be affected by the toxicity of certain members and groups on the forums, and in the past it was. Yes, it's significantly better now than what it used to be, but that's also because nebulous has expanded from being a forum about HL2RP into a forum with a HL2RP server.

Grand

out of retirement
Nebulae
I just think people take everything too seriously.

Your character gets pk'd for something; Don't go flame the player who was responsible for it.

Someone placed a SIGN ON A DOOR SAYING IT'S LOCKED!; Don't start crying on the forums about itt.

Okay, that's all my frustrations about this community. Calm down, don't take everything so seriously.

Reactions: List