Serious negativity

• Thread starter Deleted member 7099
  • Start date

Trains

ms paint artist extraordinaire
HL2 RP Administrator
Nebulae
there are some people that stick around here for no reason other than to be an ass but it’s a tiny tiny minority

MaXenzie

Sexually attracted to robots
Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
some people are actively malicious

some people think they're joking but aren't aware they're being a dickhead

if i said i get distraught over receiving dumb ratings because of low self esteem people would dumb rate it for shits and giggles

Luft

a bad memer
Nebulae
some people are actively malicious

some people think they're joking but aren't aware they're being a dickhead

if i said i get distraught over receiving dumb ratings because of low self esteem people would dumb rate it for shits and giggles
when in doubt

blame the polish or @PilotBland

Reactions: List

PilotBland

community antagonizer
Nebulae
I spend a lot of time on this website, too damn long. Not like I use to where I opted to check in everytime I was bored or I had something on my funny little head to say but I did. And I heard a lot of gospel and know the truth to happiness here.

It’s not inherently toxic unless you dig too deep into it. I have a lot of people here added for a chat or something, even though they completely, and sometimes utterly hate me cause of something I did here, on the server to them or the way I worded it on some post of theirs, we still talk. And an issue is of talking and chatting is that knowing these people one day you might have a spat completely unrelated to neb that translates to neb, with passive aggressiveness I’ve witnessed and people spit here veiled as a joke but comes to actual criticisms of someone’s innate personality. Something uncontrollable.

but again, it’s possible to olive branch off here- to make friends again after 2 year animosity cause you recognize your friend or you neb their post which goes “I don’t hate you enough to just not neb you on principle if I think you’re funny” and a reply and it opens up the opportunity to ‘talk’ and rebuild friendships.

I guess what I’m getting at here is that involving yourself in a personal level of friendship with more than a couple trusted people is trouble, and to that effect there’s gonna be a little drama and passive aggressiveness littered your way in every instance that’s unsolvable between you and another player who doesn’t want solutions (staff deal with this on a macro-level lol), even if you refute anything or try to solve issues between you and someone else, either you or another person is incompatibly difficult to work with and won’t be friends ever again, and their friends hear and listen and it turns into this rumor mill and...

the best advice for this? Turn off rating notifications to ignore the dumbs and stop caring for a bit. Appreciate the friends you make here and if you think someone is called you a retard out of malice and not trying to be ‘cute’ or whatever the fuck they’re doing, entertain them but don’t be their friend!

they haven’t earned it.
[doublepost=1608600657][/doublepost]This is... a viewpoint by the way, not strictly mine but some mine and some filtered with lenses to avoid being too personal about how I feel.

D

Deleted member 7099

Thank you to all the [AWESOME] and cool people replying to dis thread with the chips and opininos i appreciate atleast some semblence of someone caring if i spelt that little word right

Trains

ms paint artist extraordinaire
HL2 RP Administrator
Nebulae
I can speak for myself in saying I've dealt with some horrendous shit this year, relating to neb as a community.

Hasn't made me care any less about the place.
This Implies Simon Blackquill Has Never Cared About Nebulous. Toxic!!!

nah but ur good yurrie (cat on da dog), only like 2 people here hate eachother i think at the end of the day people argue about a lot of shit, but when it comes down to it, it’s just words. no one means anything by it

if they do then they need to grow up it’s a video game.......

Señor Jaggles

Local Spaniard
Nebulae
We'll fight over the tiniest bone and the next day we'll be sharing a drink, it is how it is, disagreement and fights are constant everywhere in the world, except you can be civil about it and move on, or hold a grudge for some time. There are also people who will hold a grudge and when you approach them they'll expect you to have a grudge against them.

Just for anyone who reads this shit, I'd play a CSGO game with nearly any of you and enjoy it. The people I won't play with are essentially those who don't want to play with me. Whatever dumb arguments we have on the forums is not a reason for me to deny you. Of course, if you get up close and personal with me I'm not going to be happy and on good terms with you, but I don't think there are many people around here that have "hurt my feelings" if you want to call it that.

I'm not sure how many times I've argued with @nexus and I can still say he's one of the best guys here in the community. You'll ask "has he done dumb shit?" and I'll reply "have you not?". Some things will never change, and that's just one example of many. Do I like everyone? No, of course not, but I don't dislike the wide majority of the community.

I feel due to my status as Le Nebuloid Moderator I've driven some people away from myself and that's probably one of the saddest things, but I don't think I've ever intended to drive anyone away from me. Hell, if anything, I want you to ask me whenever you need something or have an issue so I can help. I think I owe an apology to some people I may have disappointed with my actions but believe me, I don't have bad intentions, ever. I have no clue what is the opinion of the community about me, and if anyone has a complaint they can approach me - Many have done so, and I have discussed things with them fairly. I am pretty patient too, so I'll understand one or two insults too.

Even so, regardless of said opinion, or regardless of prejudices, I'll try my best to be "approachable", and of course, as fair as possible.
if they do then they need to grow up it’s a video game.......

I'm sure you've seen how many have returned and improved since when they first joined they were a handful.

Time and growing up does wonders. However, it's not always the case, but that's a small minority.

Sil

jus one more fing
Nebulae
It's improved, but it's still a fair bit toxic in certain parts and in how certain things are conducted.

Some people still get the piss taken out of them for things they do without considering that maybe there's a bit more substance to a person or a situation than "haha funny green man die".

It's just instead of people going up to you and saying it to your face, it's now hidden in memes or jokes that get loads of nebs because to most people it's just a funny thing.

Essentially, the toxicity and circle-jerk nature of some elements has just gone more private.
But there's not much point trying to parade this stuff about because you can't convince everyone.