New Farcry 5 Poster and trailer

shibe

Molecule
Nebulae
dont buy this if u want to be disappointed, they're just cashing out on easy money, save up for red dead instead

Reactions: List

mpower

Electron
Nebulae
Should be really named Far Cry 3: America Edition. They just do a diff. setting all the time, with some new little features. But the only interesting feature would be the coop campaign.

Edit. which has already been implented in Far Cry 3, I think.

Isuckatgaming

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
Edit. which has already been implented in Far Cry 3, I think.

Nah that was 4.

Which was basically 3 with co-op and mountains oooo

Tbh this seems like another Far Cry 3 reskin: Another militia taking control of some place lead by some psychotic crazy dude, with wild animals to hunt. 10 dollars on the fact there's be radio towers and outposts as well, just like last time.

mpower

Electron
Nebulae
Nah that was 4.

Which was basically 3 with co-op and mountains oooo

Tbh this seems like another Far Cry 3 reskin: Another militia taking control of some place lead by some psychotic crazy dude, with wild animals to hunt. 10 dollars on the fact there's be radio towers and outposts as well, just like last time.
I bet this time there will be churches or church towers instead of those radio towers, and you gotta ring those or something. Another reskin of a reskin probably.

Isuckatgaming

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
I bet this time there will be churches or church towers instead of those radio towers, and you gotta ring those or something. Another reskin of a reskin probably.

At least it's slightly better than random radio tower in the middle of nowhere for some reason (????) number 479

ddæ

`impulse-approved
Nebulae
I understand the fact that it may not appear at all rational if one character from one of the Far Cry games moved around to all these locations (asia, north america, africa etc), but I'd appreciate if they created somewhat of a story arc for one character and stuck with it to flesh out a series of games set on the development of this character. It's a shame these days that FPS games are purely set on loose characters with even loosen allegiances and villains to follow - Although hard to flesh out a detailed story within a FPS due to the fact that there isn't much room for creative freedom with storytelling, games these days which fall under the category should really take notes from some of the greats; such as the Max Payne series and etcetera.

Characters should start off at the bottom so that there is evident progression and a reason behind this progression, instead of the Far Cry 3 character where it was 'wimpy early 20s kid suddenly inherits the ability to wield weapons like a professional and topple an island wide militia' - Although, this may understandably be somewhat damaging to the feel of actual gameplay, there are always workarounds to this; such as giving character hardships which creates reason to try hard to become more skilled to the task at hand.

Bottom line is that it's a crying shame that big name studios feel the need to pump out another game in their series to boost income and profits instead of viewing video games as another form of a creative medium - Once again referring to Max Payne, the trio of games are written much like that of a set of movies; which gives character development, empathy to said characters, and set goals with resolution (or lack thereof) at the ending of the game.

Personally, I'd advise against buying this title upon release, unless you are looking for a non-linear FPS (which the market is already oversaturated by) to waste a weekend of down time on. Although, if you have money to spend and like the feel of gameplay within the Far Cry series (3 and onwards, as I can assume this new title will form the same sort of gameplay style) then I suppose you could buy yourself this game.

ruben slikk

life aint shut but a fat vagin
Nebulae
Reminds me of the part in the town in the last of us

Ond

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
Reminds me of the part in the town in the last of us
the game literally just plays like a reskin according to what I can see in the video sadly

will not be buying this as far as I can tell

visuals are nice, but gameplay looks so fucking bland

JohnLugo

Atom
B A N N E D
Nebulae
I understand the fact that it may not appear at all rational if one character from one of the Far Cry games moved around to all these locations (asia, north america, africa etc), but I'd appreciate if they created somewhat of a story arc for one character and stuck with it to flesh out a series of games set on the development of this character. It's a shame these days that FPS games are purely set on loose characters with even loosen allegiances and villains to follow - Although hard to flesh out a detailed story within a FPS due to the fact that there isn't much room for creative freedom with storytelling, games these days which fall under the category should really take notes from some of the greats; such as the Max Payne series and etcetera.

Characters should start off at the bottom so that there is evident progression and a reason behind this progression, instead of the Far Cry 3 character where it was 'wimpy early 20s kid suddenly inherits the ability to wield weapons like a professional and topple an island wide militia' - Although, this may understandably be somewhat damaging to the feel of actual gameplay, there are always workarounds to this; such as giving character hardships which creates reason to try hard to become more skilled to the task at hand.

Bottom line is that it's a crying shame that big name studios feel the need to pump out another game in their series to boost income and profits instead of viewing video games as another form of a creative medium - Once again referring to Max Payne, the trio of games are written much like that of a set of movies; which gives character development, empathy to said characters, and set goals with resolution (or lack thereof) at the ending of the game.

Personally, I'd advise against buying this title upon release, unless you are looking for a non-linear FPS (which the market is already oversaturated by) to waste a weekend of down time on. Although, if you have money to spend and like the feel of gameplay within the Far Cry series (3 and onwards, as I can assume this new title will form the same sort of gameplay style) then I suppose you could buy yourself this game.
the first game had hulk mutants and the second was an african genocide simulator, you can't have a consistant story with those two things

Ond

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
the first game had hulk mutants and the second was an african genocide simulator, you can't have a consistant story with those two things
i never understood why they abandoned the style that the first game was done in

enjoyed it way more than any of the recycled garbage they've been releasing

JohnLugo

Atom
B A N N E D
Nebulae
i never understood why they abandoned the style that the first game was done in

enjoyed it way more than any of the recycled garbage they've been releasing
because the studios changed and crytek remade far cry as crysis

Chromesthesia_

Hailing from the same town as Sophie Dee
Nebulae
i want far cry 2 remaster

i want to be in a fight and have my gun jam and try to survive because i failed to find a better weapon

far cry 2 was one of the best games i ever played and if far cry 3 didnt have a kosher story i probably wouldn't praise it as much as i do