NEW GORILLAZ MUSIC

Weeknder

Nucleus
B A N N E D
Nebulae
why is everyone here so hyped about gorillaz

they arent anything so special
Actually they are and that is why they are so well known.

They make music which is something different than the same unoriginal pop music which is dominating the music industry.

carabiniere

Proton
B A N N E D
Nebulae
Actually they are and that is why they are so well known.

They make music which is something different than the same unoriginal pop music which is dominating the music industry.
they arent the only band doing so, and actually no one listens to pop music anymore besides elementary kids

Weeknder

Nucleus
B A N N E D
Nebulae
they arent the only band doing so, and actually no one listens to pop music anymore besides elementary kids
No one ever claimed that they are the only band doing so. Other bands get the same praise that the gorillaz get. Also that you don't listen to pop doesn't mean no one listens to pop. Pop will always be dominating the music industry because of unoriginal, bland music which attracts dumb people.

Reactions: List

Pointman

Neutrino
Nebulae
Gorillaz is definitely a unique music selection. You either hate them or love them, no real inbetween unless you just like the mainstream songs like Feel Good Inc and Clint Eastwood.

So far I'm loving all the songs in the new album. Some of the songs are a bit too political for my liking but as an art form, they're enjoyable.

I can see why people would note that they're rather different to their usual style, but I'd just tell them that's what makes Gorillaz unique - they're not bound to any specific music style.

Blackquill

Administrator
Head Staff
Nebulae
ome of the songs are a bit too political for my liking but as an art form, they're enjoyable.
I initially thought like that, until I realized that political issues are one of the biggest inspirations for a musician to work off of; just look at all the musicians that thrived during the Bush Administration.

Reactions: List

Pointman

Neutrino
Nebulae
I initially thought like that, until I realized that political issues are one of the biggest inspirations for a musician to work off of; just look at all the musicians that thrived during the Bush Administration.
Yeah, plus when you look back at some of Gorillaz's earlier songs you'll see quite a few political messages, most of us have only just recently grown up enough to realize them. They've been rather leftist from the start in their art.