NO MAN'S SKY OFFICIAL DAY 1 THREAD (PS4)

Are you Hyped?

• Yes

Votes: 26 32.9%
  • No

Votes: 44 55.7%
  • Fucking Delays

Votes: 9 11.4%

• Total voters

Deleted member 93

Nucleus
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
'lol u didn't expect it right' is all you have, isn't it?

Planets are bland, random generations are shallow (no individual climate regions, no polar regional differences etc.) and ultimately it's the same thing with a different low-res texture that the game limits the fov to avoid chugging at 7fps because fuck optimization.

It's overhyped indie game that isn't feature-complete and has people buying on promises of more content, when it isn't worth even half its price at this point.

Where'd you get the "7fps because fuck optimization shit" lmao
Not wise to listen to you when you haven't even played the game.
[doublepost=1471030209][/doublepost]
My point is that they tricked people, if they would've showed gameplay footage from 2016 noone would've catched interest back in 2014. The game looks like shit.
They pulled a Ubisoft, and that's not ok.

Nah I get you, its pretty shit how they did it and I can understand why some people are frustrated at it.
I, myself, am little frustrated that the graphics are shit atm lmao
but that'll probably get fixed and have a little overhaul.

moonman

Proton
B A N N E D
Nebulae
18 Quintillion planets that are procedurly generated with some sort of uniqueness is pretty revolutionary.

cool but this means nothing to the player, it's still the same gameplay in somewhat a different enviroment which will get old in about 15 or 20 planets

Gmyza

Neutrino
Nebulae
In my opinion, the game would be pretty interesting for the first few hours, but after that it would just turn into a grind or just be very repetitive.

Reactions: List

Expax

Nucleus
Nebulae
Nah I get you, its pretty shit how they did it and I can understand why some people are frustrated at it.
I, myself, am little frustrated that the graphics are shit atm lmao
but that'll probably get fixed and have a little overhaul.
The textures look like they're from 2008, they can't just fix it after-launch.

Deleted member 93

Nucleus
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
cool but this means nothing to the player, it's still the same gameplay in somewhat a different enviroment which will get old in about 15 or 20 planets

Depends who are you.
I play the game for exploration and get excited everytime I land on a new planet.
I do this shit in space engine and elite dangerous :P

Silly Pillow

Electron
Nebulae
I just watched a video of a 9 hour long livestream where it ended because the guy wanted to take a nap so he could play longer

I don't think you understand that some people like exploring

Saying that it sucks because the gameplay doesn't drastically change every five minutes is like going "I took a walk in the woods. It was super boring 'cause I didn't do anything but walking and looking all the time smh"

Deleted member 93

Nucleus
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
I just watched a video of a 9 hour long livestream where it ended because the guy wanted to take a nap so he could play longer

I don't think you understand that some people like exploring

Saying that it sucks because the gameplay doesn't drastically change every five minutes is like going "I took a walk in the woods. It was super boring 'cause I didn't do anything but walking and looking all the time smh"

Exactly.
People forget that this game is tailored for people who like exploration and space adventure.

moonman

Proton
B A N N E D
Nebulae
well so far it's been holding a "mostly negative" status on steam with 5k reviews, i'll let that speak for itself and not get into retarded arguments about vidya games

Deleted member 93

Nucleus
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
well so far it's been holding a "mostly negative" status on steam with 5k reviews, i'll let that speak for itself and not get into retarded arguments about vidya games

They're all about crashes and low fps.
Even though max fps is default on 30 which is stupid but you can change it.
As it goes for the crashes, never experienced it, neither have my friends.

Expax

Nucleus
Nebulae
Yeah, Starbound is fun, it became even more fun after Update v1.0
They kind of ruined the main mission storyline but yeah I agree.
I love Starbound, so many planets and endless exploration.

Spider

Proton
Nebulae
Most of the reviews seem to be about technical issues and performance bugs rather than what the game offers.

Like that batman game, day one wasn't so good because of optimisation, but look at its reviews now.

NMS will improve over time.

MaXenzie

Sexually attracted to robots
Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
Am I the only person that hates games that sell themselves on being big? I don't want a huge world, I want a fucking good World.

Red Dead Redemption wasn't that big, but it was one of the best games of all time.

Witcher 3's fucking huge and I got bored of that after I killed my first elemental (Which was about 20 hours in but that's like 3% of the game for most players)

MGSV got fucking repetitive with its never ending story-mode and repeating missions with a shit ending.

Assassins Creed 4 was just sailing simulator, but at least you could fast travel easily and the story was tightly knit.

This game is selling on no story, no real gameplay beyond "FITE OTHER SHIPS AND EXPLORE" and a huge world/worlds.

I can see the appeal, but it doesn't appeal to me. Sorry.

Deleted member 93

Nucleus
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
I FOKIN FOUND FINLAY

69B42746A3C3E985AD50F89344EBFF4CAE98D5D0