Serious oh hey itsa me again

Cherokeedog

Neutrino
Nebulae
Ok so I'll get a new PC soon, and I wanna start a serv on it (NOT ADVERTISING)!!!!, and what I'm interested in is if I make more money out of a DarkRP serv where I can add VIP and VIP+ and all that crap, or from a hl2rp serv like nebulous, I consider nebulous pretty ptw, and I can see that it has been up for a long time with 128, not knowing even from where do y'all get this money. Heard there are some jobs like bird or some shit where you can pay for in order to have it, but idk man.
I actually need money to pay some modders for another serv idea which has 0 mods. All of the modders like Gredwitch himself told me they want muny, and so I wanna make a serv to make those MUNY and pay them. So again, more money from DarkRP or from Hl2rp. Darkrp I think would make me get money quick, but it's not fun, but on hl2rp it can be more fun bc it's more RP in it. Idk, tell me what you think.

MaXenzie

Sexually attracted to robots
Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
dude, oh yes I can have 7 server right now, you opened my eyes thx...dude...I'm don't even have a job

then dont run a server

if you run a server expecting to make a profit off of it, you've got the wrong mindset

Cherokeedog

Neutrino
Nebulae
then dont run a server

if you run a server expecting to make a profit off of it, you've got the wrong mindset
I actually know a ytber that doesn't make money out of yt to run his serv, he started with 1 serv, and now he has 7...but anyways, I'll see what I can do

D

Deleted member 3818

then how do I make easy money to pay the modders? and to keep the serv up
Easy money you say? Just come along and join my get rich quick program for a guaranteed chance to make over $10,000 in just a single week! All you have to do is click the link down below to become a certified member. Refer just three other friends to the program for the ultimate starters package.

Ricsow

professional retard
HL2 RP Administrator
Media Developer
Nebulae
How to make the most money from a Gmod server:
Don‘t make a server

Reactions: List

MaXenzie

Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
using mega big servers like nebulous and the 120+ pop DarkRP servers as a guideline is a poor idea

these servers are the exception and the very slim majority, not something you should expect to achieve, ever

its like becoming a celebrity, a literal 1/million chance

Sil

jus one more fing
Nebulae
Ok so I'll get a new PC soon, and I wanna start a serv on it (NOT ADVERTISING)!!!!, and what I'm interested in is if I make more money out of a DarkRP serv where I can add VIP and VIP+ and all that crap, or from a hl2rp serv like nebulous, I consider nebulous pretty ptw, and I can see that it has been up for a long time with 128, not knowing even from where do y'all get this money. Heard there are some jobs like bird or some shit where you can pay for in order to have it, but idk man.
I actually need money to pay some modders for another serv idea which has 0 mods. All of the modders like Gredwitch himself told me they want muny, and so I wanna make a serv to make those MUNY and pay them. So again, more money from DarkRP or from Hl2rp. Darkrp I think would make me get money quick, but it's not fun, but on hl2rp it can be more fun bc it's more RP in it. Idk, tell me what you think.

You know, the main Gmod servers that actually make money don't do it as independents. A good few actually have to treat them like an IRL business at times, paying a mixture of developers and (in rare cases) members of staff, as well as the server providers to keep said server running. And, there's usually some form of ToS that needs to be accepted upon making purchases, in order to prevent chargebacks.

Nebulous isn't really P2W, as premium really only gets you bodygroups, PET, access to a handful of niche whitelists (that are more for atmosphere rather than roleplay) and access to specific containers. But, most of these premium benefits are only for finetuning roleplay and the roleplay experience, as opposed to 'winning'. The containers push it a bit, but their placement makes them more balanced so they aren't stored away in some hidden brick in a wall, with a poster taped over it.

A good deal of server owners are, themselves, competent developers who begin their servers off with a mixture of a gamemode base, maybe a couple paid addons (mainly for admin management & banning) and some models they've gotten off the Workshop. If you want to make money, a Gmod Server isn't the way to go if you yourself aren't even an adult.

MaXenzie

Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
You know, the main Gmod servers that actually make money don't do it as independents. A good few actually have to treat them like an IRL business at times, paying a mixture of developers and (in rare cases) members of staff, as well as the server providers to keep said server running. And, there's usually some form of ToS that needs to be accepted upon making purchases, in order to prevent chargebacks.

Nebulous isn't really P2W, as premium really only gets you bodygroups, PET, access to a handful of niche whitelists (that are more for atmosphere rather than roleplay) and access to specific containers. But, most of these premium benefits are only for finetuning roleplay and the roleplay experience, as opposed to 'winning'. The containers push it a bit, but their placement makes them more balanced so they aren't stored away in some hidden brick in a wall, with a poster taped over it.

A good deal of server owners are, themselves, competent developers who begin their servers off with a mixture of a gamemode base, maybe a couple paid addons (mainly for admin management & banning) and some models they've gotten off the Workshop. If you want to make money, a Gmod Server isn't the way to go if you yourself aren't even an adult.

yeah this

running a gmod server with intent to make money is pretty much equal to running a start-up business
you dont just acquire players out of nowhere that donate

Deleted member 374

jesus christ denton
Nebulae
there needs to be something to attract attention in the first place. darkrp servers are dime a dozen; fun ones are rare.

Last edited: