Opinions on Cyberpunk as a roleplaying genre

Freelok

Electron
B A N N E D
Nebulae
Cyberpunk has been a genre that's intrigued me for several years. While I have never played any Cyberpunk games, I have seen several Cyberpunk esqe movies and have read a number of books/comics on the genre (fuck anime). I'm curious on everyone's opinions on Cyberpunk not in an action sense, but a roleplay sense. Have any of you played a Cyberpunk roleplay schema, or have you aspired to play one? Let me know, I'm genuinely curious.

Tzula

Molecule
Nebulae
There was a server.

It was propped Hell and everyone had pac.
People regularly crashed and staff were at each other's neck.
It was a disaster.

Tl;Dr
The last cyberpunk server I was on fell apart and it's too much like hl2rp.

D

Deleted member 5162

I don't think Garry's Mod is good for CyberpunkRP, I find it... Really weird, to see that in Garry's mod that is running on the engine from 2004, like, its just weird and bad for me, Half-Life 2 Roleplay? Sure, but Cyberpunk, nah, too far.

Reactions: List
D

Deleted member 5162

Detroit Become Human RP

/me takes a screwdriver and brings it to his head and sticks it into an LED in attempt to take it off.
/it Android tries to remove LED, but in result, it hits one of it's circuits and it shuts off immediately, hitting the sink and crashing it in pieces, finishing off the Android 'Kara Freeman' immediately.

"Your android is banned, please go to the CyberLife to create a new one"

EdenClub Gay Android has banned character 'Kara Freeman'.
[OOC] 'Markys' - Haha lol deviant faggot died, glad that I left Jericho
[OOC] 'Connorar' - 1x Agree
[LOOC] 'Alicis' - wtf how'd you die
[OOC] Fatski - haha very funny : DDD

Welcome, to the DBHRP everyone.​

cns - he/him/his

The Winner
Nebulae
Detroit Become Human RP

/me takes a screwdriver and brings it to his head and sticks it into an LED in attempt to take it off.
/it Android tries to remove LED, but in result, it hits one of it's circuits and it shuts off immediately, hitting the sink and crashing it in pieces, finishing off the Android 'Kara Freeman' immediately.

Good game

Dr.Towers

Nucleus
Nebulae
Once I connected to a Cyberpunk RP server because I was curious as you to know how they were and why they are so scarce, unfortunatly there where only three people in so I couldn't do much. The server had a LOT of addons, like 30+ GBs of addons, including sci-fi props by lt_commander, G-String models and TnB headhack collection and it was set on our very own Neb's City 08 (They didn't even removed or covered Willard Industries posters LAL). One of the players was building some sort of shop/stripclub so I couldn't interact with them, another was some sort of police/soldier/guard idling at a checkpoint, better avoid being shot, and the last was some kind of corporate agent. I tried to approach the businessman and tried to roleplay, I tried to convince him to join some sort of cybercult I made up on the spot but he told me to fuck off and leave. I don't know if they had scripted cybernetic enhancements but they had a shop selling them (there was no one inside) so I supposed they where in the game. In the end I left and uninstalled the big load of addons.

As far as I know there was a fair share of cyberpunk rp servers on gmod but it seems all of them progressively died of as time gone on. I don't know for sure if it was because the mode itself was faulted, if they where badly managed or if simply the genre dried out in the end, I suppose that with Cyberpunk 2077 coming out more Cyberpunk rp server may appear, serious and DarkRPish, just like it happend with Star Wars.

Detroit Become Human RP

Character "Connor" has been banned.
Character "Connor" has been unbanned.

p.s. not to advertise myself but I wrote the lore for a cyberpunk schema in my sparetime ( °u°)

Knight

`impulse-approved
B A N N E D
Nebulae
I'm sure with the upcoming release of cyberpunk 2077 some older RP communities are bound to try and be revived

cns - he/him/his

The Winner
Nebulae
I'm sure with the upcoming release of cyberpunk 2077 some older RP communities are bound to try and be revived
if it aint gunsmoke it can fuck off, never seen a good one besides it and really want one cause i love me cyberpunk
wish more people would explore shadowrun tho

Knight

`impulse-approved
B A N N E D
Nebulae
if it aint gunsmoke it can fuck off, never seen a good one besides it and really want one cause i love me cyberpunk
wish more people would explore shadowrun tho
I played a server hosted by Bison Ocelot a while ago with some friends and it was pretty fun, had minimal administration oversight and allowed the playerbase to go free.

Me and some friends made a mafia group and it was pretty fun, there were other playerbase groups that actually delt in things like drugs, weapons, and armor that we went to war with or allied with. There was a Yakuza group that had a noodle shop we went to war with over ownership of a bar that payed taxes to the controlling faction.

Honestly extremely fun server that just worked by itself and ran itself - Player conflict was engaging, unique, and made dynamically.

Freelok

Electron
B A N N E D
Nebulae
Another question I have:
What made these servers fun if anyone did enjoy them? I know a few people have stated this already but I'm genuinely curious, it's an idea I'd like to experiment with and I'm wondering what people enjoy.

Knight

`impulse-approved
B A N N E D
Nebulae
Another question I have:
What made these servers fun if anyone did enjoy them? I know a few people have stated this already but I'm genuinely curious, it's an idea I'd like to experiment with and I'm wondering what people enjoy.
Read my previous post, some things to go on

• Whitelisted server
  • Minimal cop faction, have rogue auths and freedom be loose
  • Let the main injection of items into the server economy be through applications for things such as BMD flags or w/e
  • Minimal admin interaction

Dr.Towers

Nucleus
Nebulae
Read my previous post, some things to go on

• Whitelisted server
  • Minimal cop faction, have rogue auths and freedom be loose
  • Let the main injection of items into the server economy be through applications for things such as BMD flags or w/e
  • Minimal admin interaction

How did it died? Actually, how they all died? What happend to them?