Opinions on Cyberpunk as a roleplaying genre

cns - he/him/his

The Winner
Nebulae
My favorite part atleast with gunsmoke3 was the stories I manage to told and i'll also remember 2

First was legit my first time on the server I decided to play as disgusting alien lizards with some friends and we went around getting abused like dirty aliens for a bit until a big elder of our race stopped us and gave us a big talking to about revolution and then proceeded to hand us shitty weapons to go start some big crime so we decided to rob a nightclub and we did but got shit out of it and got the fuzz on us. We ran to an apartment building and had a shoot-out with the police managing to gun a few down before getting ripped to shit by a police drone.

Story two is about a character I had who was an asian hitman duo, ying and yang. A corporation was hiring out mercs for a job and me and my partner got on it and managed to loan out some killer equipment, queue getting onto a ship and server-hopping to an event server on ineu_valley. We then got on sick hover bikes and drove to our location where (the big bunker) where we fought off some npc ghouls, had some roleplay fighting with a few robots and players and then found our target and dipped and got paid

I just remember that shit cause it was fun and shit.

Tzula

Molecule
Nebulae
How did it died? Actually, how they all died? What happend to them?
I, for some reason, suspect he's talking about Fractured Ethos.
If so, then greed really.

Went the route of lp

Brand1065

Neutrino
Nebulae
I used to play as a part of a community called Fractured Ethos, then had a tenure on another server called "Pearl of the Orient, Kowloon".

The same thing pretty much applies to all these servers. Without a consistently high playercount, the server is dull and boring. Employers have to be constantly active, and jobs need constantly high playercounts in order for them to look active. The maps need to have a "wow" factor, and they need to be big, but not too big that even with 30 people online, it feels empty. Fractured Ethos used a huge map that worked really well when they had a high player count, but when they dropped a bit through various reasons, some people left because in a community map where you got like 5 businesses per profession (Security, bar, drugs etc...) all doing similar stuff, it's hard for it to be worthwhile when you only got like 15 people online daily who want to buy from one of those 5 businesses.

Tzula

Molecule
Nebulae
I used to play as a part of a community called Fractured Ethos, then had a tenure on another server called "Pearl of the Orient, Kowloon".

The same thing pretty much applies to all these servers. Without a consistently high playercount, the server is dull and boring. Employers have to be constantly active, and jobs need constantly high playercounts in order for them to look active. The maps need to have a "wow" factor, and they need to be big, but not too big that even with 30 people online, it feels empty. Fractured Ethos used a huge map that worked really well when they had a high player count, but when they dropped a bit through various reasons, some people left because in a community map where you got like 5 businesses per profession (Security, bar, drugs etc...) all doing similar stuff, it's hard for it to be worthwhile when you only got like 15 people online daily who want to buy from one of those 5 businesses.
I was on FE too.

What's was your ic name.
I was Avory.

Postal

Molecule
Nebulae
Cyberpunk has been a genre that's intrigued me for several years. While I have never played any Cyberpunk games, I have seen several Cyberpunk esqe movies and have read a number of books/comics on the genre (fuck anime). I'm curious on everyone's opinions on Cyberpunk not in an action sense, but a roleplay sense. Have any of you played a Cyberpunk roleplay schema, or have you aspired to play one? Let me know, I'm genuinely curious.

everytime i've been on one
its turned into a big circlejerk between people who only rp with steam friends
admins making new characters every hour, giving themselves all the business licenses and guns and shit
cringe rp and cliche characters
and ofc erp and drama

Reactions: List

Dr.Towers

Nucleus
Nebulae
Browsing this discussion I got curious and tried to find that Cyberpunk server I connected to a couple of months ago, turns out the reason it was always empty was because it's an americanos serves that only fills up (and for fills up I mean 15/60 players max) in the dead of the night from where I live. Anyway I made another character and gone around to see what was all about, I decided to go for a generic junkie but I got convinced into opening a cyberware shop by some random guy I found on the street (who was some kind of mod I think). There I discovered that everyone has free access to PAC3 on server so I slapped some combine props on my character and turned into some sort of bootleg cyberpunk, then I go around and speak (well more than speak eavesdrop because I have no social skills irl and ingame) to other characters. I ended up in some kind of pub with a noir detective looking for some missing dude (I later discovered on their forums he died) and a couple of bartenders. After afking in there for a while and realizing I talked with everybody on the server by then (there were 5 people) I decided to ask OOC how to open up a shop (the guy told me I had to do it ICly, but nobody really explained me how) and I was told I had to do it during "rations", I checked their forums and well, turns out the entire thing is basically HL2RP but without the CPs: people are given rations with money, they can't leave the city (which apparently is the last one on Earth as far as the lore goes), the entire thing is run by some organization named "The conglomerate" and probably there were webuls outside I couldn't find because there weren't enough people on, the forums had barely any lore at all.
At that point I was getting bored and tired of waiting 15 minutes for the gmod to load the fuckton of addons the server required so I just quit it for good. Not sure if the server was good or bad or it was just me, in any case if you are curious just scroll down in the gamemode browser until you see "Cyberpunk" and that's pretty much it.

viomi

just another slut don't mind me
Nebulae
Cyberpunk is dope for RP.

I dunno about in Gmod, because I've never played it in gmod, but Sindome is fucking dope (It's this.. text-based MUD but it's seriousRP) and it's super cyberpunk. Would recommend.

Jaf

Thanks, I hate it
Nebulae
I'll give TnB's Cyberpunk server a try if Dave ever gets around to finishing it.

Reactions: List

Freelok

Electron
B A N N E D
Nebulae
Thanks for the feedback. I'm putting it to use.

Freelok

Electron
B A N N E D
Nebulae
Thanks for giving your opinions. I'm putting them to use.

cns - he/him/his

The Winner
Nebulae
real shit im waiting for tnb's cyberpunk the screenshots ive seen of the models he made and shit make me wet

Akula

Sangheili Bias
Nebulae
would be better if it wasn't infested with edgelords and ERP hounds

i miss gunsmoke

cns - he/him/his

The Winner
Nebulae
gunsmoke was the last good one even tho it has weirdos rping as small cybernetic anime girls with katanas

Akula

Sangheili Bias
Nebulae
gunsmoke was the last good one even tho it has weirdos rping as small cybernetic anime girls with katanas

they seemed to be the minority when I played it honestly, my biggest gripe was the head staff and their retarded protag characters but apart from that it was a fairly epic server

cns - he/him/his

The Winner
Nebulae
yeah some staff were alright the rest had dogbrain and i dont even know what happened after i got banned

Akula

Sangheili Bias
Nebulae
yeah some staff were alright the rest had dogbrain and i dont even know what happened after i got banned

staff didn't really have the motivation to continue doing it so it kinda slowly died out I guess

Freelok

Electron
B A N N E D
Nebulae
Try not to steal my lore (caught you browsing it) when you do.

:grinning:

I've written up my own lore, I wouldn't steal it from you hot stuff. It's interesting though, so good work.

real shit im waiting for tnb's cyberpunk the screenshots ive seen of the models he made and shit make me wet

They have some really wonky animations.
6801083D95E7F4D578B6F6ABB8E1FFFC2904D00D

The guy holding the bat looks retarded.