Others using nebulous's map?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adrenaline

relaxed
Nebulae
I know everyone knows about Earthfall using it, but according to gametracker, some server called "reprise gaming" is also using it. Are they allowed to use it?

Reactions: List

bubblegum

you should see me in a crown
Nebulae
I went on Earthfall and it was pretty weird. The sewers didn't have gas in it, and D9 had like turrets everywhere.

They might be using the map, but they lack the factions or scripts to utilize it well.

bubblegum

Nebulae
To be fair, it's not like Atle made the entirety of the map himself. It's mostly the work of Dave Brown and Valve. I don't think he can actually claim any copyright or whatever.

Votra

Retired
Nebulae
@Atle didn't make the map from scratch he combined a couple and edited it from there.

Now don't get me wrong he did a hell of a lot of work but "legally" speaking it's a public map that can be used.

Also let's be honest Nebulous has no competition when it comes to our servers.

bubblegum

Nebulae
@Atle didn't make the map from scratch he combined a couple and edited it from there.

Now don't get me wrong he did a hell of a lot of work but "legally" speaking it's a public map that can be used.

Also let's be honest Nebulous has no competition when it comes to our servers.

yeah votra thanks for echoing what i said buddy

Adrenaline

relaxed
Nebulae
It is a public map, so yes, everyone can use it :grinning:
Here's the thing, according to reprise gaming, on their thread on the cloud 16 forum, they made the map and edited it or something. They said "we have maps being worked on for us". Which is kinda scummy if they're actually trying to take credit for your work

Adrenaline

relaxed
Nebulae
who cares those communities will die anyways
i was on one of them the other day with another guy, just playing around a bit, was gonna do some shotcopping since it was /roll based combat, but the admins powergamed. It was very sad seeing that server since the owner TP'd around to people saying "it would be very good if u made this ur regular server" and stuff like "because we're growing rapidly".

In my mind, all i could think was "No, no no no no not another community in denial no. This is so sad."
they had 5 players, 2 of them me and a guy, meanwhile they had 3 CP's on who were all staff members :/

jb

Atom
B A N N E D
Nebulae
fucking travesty how could these servers use a public map smhhhhhh :heyzeus:

Status
Not open for further replies.