Serious P2L

Deadlock

Quark
Nebulae
So, I realised the combat system is P2L, but is it normally P2L or does it go by /me and /rolls?

So, those who engaged in combat, can you tell me if most of your experiences were P2L or just simply fights with /me's and /rolls.

Ond

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
Its P2L without rolls, it goes by /mes

the only time it goes by rolls is on the event server, as it is a good unbiased source of combat management

the unfortunate reality is however, that a lot of people like not P2L'ing.

Reactions: List

Deadlock

Quark
Nebulae
Its P2L without rolls, it goes by /mes

the only time it goes by rolls is on the event server, as it is a good unbiased source of combat management

the unfortunate reality is however, that a lot of people like not P2L'ing.
I prefer /me's and /rolls, as it adds a better aspect to the Serious RP. Beacuse the fact that there would be just people shooting in the streets without care could hit civilians who were roleplaying, and it would be nice if they could react to it in a more Serious RP way.

ruben slikk

life aint shut but a fat vagin
Nebulae
the default system isn't /rolls in order to avoid the epic style 4'10" petite woman curb stomping at 6'3" muscul"Iar roided out RL

thus it's P2L system as, in a perfect world, people would keep in mind how a realistic engagement would usually go, along with their character's weaknesses and flaws

however that doesn't happen in practice as 80% of characters end up combining the movement and dodging of conor mcgregor with the punching power of mike tyson "I PUNCHED YOU IN THE TEMPLE, PLEASE REACT ACCORDINGLY (YOU ARE UNCONSCIOUS)" (fuck all of you fight rping retards for fucks sake the temple is a terrible fucking knockout spot YOU ARE NOT WEARING ANY GLOVES YOU WILL BREAK YOUR FUCKING KNUCKLES SOONER THAN YOU KNOCK THAT GUY OUT IF YOU HIT HIM THERE FUCKING IDIOT)

Rabid

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
Its either

"FUCK /YOU/ I DON'T CARE YOUR CHARACTER WOULD REALISTICALLY HAVE AN ADVANTAGE OVER MINE I HIT YOU ONCE, NOW GET KNOCKED OUT OR YOUR A STALLING CUNT" or "SORRY DUDE I DODGED LOL I KNOW I SHOULDN'T HAVE BEEN ABLE TO BUT UH, I DID???"

Nobody wants to lose or show any flaws.

Kafe

Level Design nomad
Nebulae
We're all the hero of our own stories.

However we must be considerate that there are many, many more stories in the server than just our own. It can be easy to lose sight of that when a random CP performs a random search when you happened to be carrying a shiv, or when a gang of plain clothes rebels mug your loyalist for entering the wrong street.

P2L as a system can help with keeping players humble and not becoming overly attached to their character and success, however people do seem to always be in the issue that 'it is play to lose, so someone must win, why not me?' - I kinda see that a fair bit of the results often being binary, a clear cut winner and loser of an argument, brawl or fight to the death and even in far more mundane areas.
Makes sense in some areas, like you expect the person with the baseball bat to win a melee if the other person is bare handed. but for more even areas, maybe thinking of it less like winner/loser and more like a stalemate, might help?

Or not, I am writing this after a 13 hour workday and with a couple drinks in me, will probably forget what I said come tomorrow morning.

Deadlock

Quark
Nebulae

However we must be considerate that there are many, many more stories in the server than just our own. It can be easy to lose sight of that when a random CP performs a random search when you happened to be carrying a shiv, or when a gang of plain clothes rebels mug your loyalist for entering the wrong street.

P2L as a system can help with keeping players humble and not becoming overly attached to their character and success, however people do seem to always be in the issue that 'it is play to lose, so someone must win, why not me?' - I kinda see that a fair bit of the results often being binary, a clear cut winner and loser of an argument, brawl or fight to the death and even in far more mundane areas.
Makes sense in some areas, like you expect the person with the baseball bat to win a melee if the other person is bare handed. but for more even areas, maybe thinking of it less like winner/loser and more like a stalemate, might help?

Or not, I am writing this after a 13 hour workday and with a couple drinks in me, will probably forget what I said come tomorrow morning.
Yeah, kinda right, beacuse combat must not only be based on luck, it must be based on skill, just like RP.

Simman102

the Scourge of Roleplay
Nebulae
P2L as a system can help with keeping players humble and not becoming overly attached to their character and success, however people do seem to always be in the issue that 'it is play to lose, so someone must win, why not me?'

Well, in Snowl's thread where he rants about people not minding their own business he posted a video of a fight in Heavy Rain.

I think that it's an accurate depiction of P2L, as generally people don't beat each other to death.
(starts at about 3:32)

Goopy

Molecule
Nebulae
use /roll's based off attributes and then set an attribute stats higher for conscripts, civpro's and ota.

shibe

Molecule
Nebulae
one time i've seen /me doesn't get hurt because of the adrenaline and attempts to kick you
HAVING ADRENALINE DOESN'T MAKE YOU IMMUNE TO ALL PAIN

Deadlock

Quark
Nebulae
one time i've seen /me doesn't get hurt because of the adrenaline and attempts to kick you
HAVING ADRENALINE DOESN'T MAKE YOU IMMUNE TO ALL PAIN
"Oh yeah! My blood is going trough my vanes so fast and pooring out of my gun wound that fast that I'm loosing all my blood! I can't feel shit!"

Dr.Towers

Nucleus
Nebulae
One time I managed to defeat two gun-wielding cps bare-handed as a citizens and then escape unscathed twice around the city before finally failing a /roll and dying : D

p.s. tbh I think /roll is the best method as long as you put stats limits to the rolls, still better than arguing for 10 minutes and ultimately calling a mod to solve the question.

Postino

Atom
Nebulae
P2L feels like an average Reddit thread where it's a "No, I'm more fucked up than you" contest ON PAPER.

In practice P2L doesn't exist as either side tries to get the better of the other, and that's reasonable enough goddamn it I fucking hate P2L being utilized in cases where it'd be way more fun using another system such as /me's and rolls

I prefer /me's and rolls tbh and if I lose because of it at least I'm glad because I had an unbiased chance of winning

Vortigangster

Proton
Nebulae
Its only political humour if it makes fun of drumpf or conservatives

make fun of everyone else, get downvoted, removed and banned
Have you ever been on the shitshow that is r/latestagecapitalism? I got banned there for correcting someone after they claimed prisoners were essentially being enslaved and forced into dangerous situations such as being firemen.

fofa

Atom
Nebulae
Well, in Snowl's thread where he rants about people not minding their own business he posted a video of a fight in Heavy Rain.

I think that it's an accurate depiction of P2L, as generally people don't beat each other to death.
(starts at about 3:32)

use the fighting system from cyberpunk rp