Peer Review, Guard Duty & Operation Black Mesa; upcoming Source remakes for old HL1 expansions

Tinbe

Molecule
Nebulae
New Year's update from the Peer Review team!
It explains why they're gonna start calling it a reboot rather than a remake/reimagining, and what they've been up to with a side project for Black Mesa. Have a storyboard, too!
mr06_resonance.png

They're still looking for more people to join the team, so I'll lift that section directly from the update.
As always, this reboot isn’t gonna reboot itself. Unfortunately, we have to work, and that means we need more humans (preferably) to get work done, so if you’re a human (likely) or know a human (also likely) who may be interested, pop on over to the PSR Digital team application form! We have openings for all non-audio and writing positions and we make sure to keep the team a nice, safe space for all. The ideal candidate will be human or a suitable alternative.

Reactions: List
D

Deleted member 1381

Is this still in development? Any release date? I can't find anything anywhere

deathwolf

I AM SPIDERMAN, GRIST LIES! I AM HIM REALLY! ﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
D

Deleted member 1381

revitalised the guard duty hype

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 1381

"So, instead, how about we show you what our Black Mesa Security Guard and Marine models look like! Note these images are not pre-rendered. What you are seeing is being rendered real-time in our version of Source."

hecu1.png

guard1.png

"Our next engine improvement is a big one. Alongside Source’s static lighting solution, we have added an entirely new deferred light renderer on top of it. This means we are now capable of having hundreds of dynamic lights in a scene with very little performance cost. Currently we are supporting both point and spot lights. We are capable of expanding this selection if deemed necessary by environment artists."

retro_charger2.png

pcv_charger.png

Tinbe

Molecule
Nebulae
New quarterly update by the Peer Review crew
Since it's a bit on the shorter side, I'll put the entire thing in quotations:
Hey-hey! Today-day we got some stuff to say-say. We Hope you’ve been well while we’ve been working!

Posted by ItsNotewell on Jul 1st, 2021

Hey-hey! Today-day we got some stuff to say-say. We Hope you’ve been well while we’ve been working!

As mentioned last quarter, we were quickly approaching our internal deadline for Alpha 1 Phase 2. I’m glad to report that we have indeed smashed through that milestone, and, after a quick team break, begun work on the next phase of the project's development, Alpha 2. We’re still quite a ways off from Beta, but our featureset is coming along nicely and our maps are taking a nice, albeit grey and orange, form.

Of course, blocking out the maps in a greybox form doesn’t mean that we’ve been ignoring environment art altogether! We have, as always, spent a bit of time putting together some art studies to give us, and now you, an idea of what some of the final environments in the game might look like down the line. This time, we have some atmospheric environments put together by our own Agente P, for areas of the game that are just a bit different than what you might remember from the original.

mr08_crossfire_water.png

mr08_resonance_utility.png

Of course, environments like that wouldn’t be complete without some safety features, which is why Chris has put together some dope wet floor signs to warn people of, well, wet floors. (As well as a bundle of plastic explosive goodies to play with!)

mr08_wfs.png

mr08_c4.1.png

We’ve got a lot of other stuff cooking behind the scenes but we’re not quite ready to show it off yet, so until next time, we’ll let one of our composers, sixdust, play us out with this demo of what he’s been working on for Code Green! Until next time, folks!

Reactions: List
D

Deleted member 1381

the first two chapters of black mesa blue shift are out and fuck me it looks unreal