Playtest - Day 3 feedback

alex

I do things.
Head Staff
Nebulae
Today was honestly really fun, especially with more police and EMS on duty to handle everything.

We'd love to hear your feedback, be sure to report bugs in the Bugs & Suggestions forum!

Reactions: List

Jamie

Legion
Head Staff
Media Developer
Nebulae
Props to the clown lol
V9U8bak.png

what a joke

Northgate

:D
HL2 RP Administrator
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
thanks to @Wolfaye™ and @Blackquill for being EMTs today, it was FAR more feasible with two ambulances LMAO

today was probably the best of all the playtests
Day 1 was for testing (personally) mostly, figuring things out and all but still super enjoyable
Day 2 was getting into roleplay and a bit more serious, but now everyone figured out the mechanics so everyone wanted to try them (like mass murder)
Day 3 was the best of them all, we had tons of fun roleplay and the chaos was in respectable amounts, so we could all deal with it. saw a couple cool chases, and as EMTs we had tons of fun picking up people and giving them a "diagnosis" (rectal exams) and had some interesting conversations. not all too serious, but honestly I had so many laughs today than I ever had before in roleplay

I literally cannot wait for the full release, even now the server is so dynamic and fun with SO much to do. Chirp is also a genius addition, so even during "slow" hours, you can still interact with everyone in an IC manner, much better than the traditional OOC. there's obviously a lot of factors to be fleshed out, but with the groundwork done I'm sure a lot of it can be done. seriously, you guys did beautifully and I'm so happy how much passion has truly gone into this

Wayne King is the GTA RP main character

Gary

Developer
HL2 RP Server Director
Nebulae
Before the play tests I was pretty on the fence with GTA RP as a whole, not sure if it would be something I'd enjoy, but coming out of the third day I'm looking forward to it - was an absolute blast

Thank you to the current generation of police officers giving their best to train the next
TNCuFUk.png

Jamie

Legion
Head Staff
Media Developer
Nebulae
Before the play tests I was pretty on the fence with GTA RP as a whole, not sure if it would be something I'd enjoy, but coming out of the third day I'm looking forward to it - was an absolute blast

Thank you to the current generation of police officers giving their best to train the next
TNCuFUk.png
Officer Snozzer

Northgate

HL2 RP Administrator
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae

TNCuFUk.png

same, at first I was concerned about the VoiceRP and all

but now I'm the biggest fan of it honestly, no better feeling than to crack up with your friends IC

Jamie

Legion
Head Staff
Media Developer
Nebulae
same, at first I was concerned about the VoiceRP and all

but now I'm the biggest fan of it honestly, no better feeling than to crack up with your friends IC
It takes a bit to get used to but you'll find you will slowly get more comfortable with it

Northgate

HL2 RP Administrator
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
It takes a bit to get used to but you'll find you will slowly get more comfortable with it

for me, it feels more natural and comes to me easier than having to consult Thesaurus to outrank the guy you roleplay with in terms of English vocabulary lol

seriously though, VoiceRP is much better atleast for me personally

Andrew

Atom
Nebulae
fun and works
buggy but not all over, trying to compile through clips to determine when/where i found bugs will be a matter for later tonight
really not that bad but a few things were interesting, i had called a taxi and because i didn't get into the car but the trunk i believed i ended up breaking the fare system and i could later locate the taxi via my minimap when the physical car was near, opening up an opportunity to track said car ooc'ly
apart from that nothing really game-interesting-ified from bugs, worked pretty ok

MaXenzie

Sexually attracted to robots
Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
i was driven a few miles out of the city by some stranger who didn't talk

had no money and there were no taxis answering calls, and stealing cars just made them abruptly turn off. i guess every time i stole a guy's car they very quickly yanked the keys out with them?

had to pause the game every 30-odd seconds just so i could get my bearings, or steal a car just so i could look at a minimap and reorient myself

game said i'd have to walk about 5 miles on foot to get back to the city center

I'm sure i could've logged out and reconnected to teleport back to the motel but that felt like a bandaid solution to my problem

i stuck around for about an hour

sorry

alex

I do things.
Head Staff
Nebulae
i was driven a few miles out of the city by some stranger who didn't talk
Hostage?
had no money and there were no taxis answering calls, and stealing cars just made them abruptly turn off. i guess every time i stole a guy's car they very quickly yanked the keys out with them?
Yeah, otherwise it's far too easy to steal vehicles.
I'm sure i could've logged out and reconnected to teleport back to the motel but that felt like a bandaid solution to my problem
This isn't a solution, I would have recommended that you sent a message on Chirp or tried to get a pick up from someone.

I guess we could put another rental place up north too, though these situations are why making friends with people is important so you can call them up for help.