News Preview/Discussion - WW3RP: STASILAND

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zarail

Atom
Nebulae
Any idea what the starting map will be or is that still being planned?

STUCK IN A CAKE

Molecule
Nebulae
To be quite honest, it shouldn't be called WW3RP because then it gives the false pretence that you're going to be in an army fighting another army (Like the previous iterations of the game mode) which just isn't correct.

Reactions: List

Powley

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
When was this exactly? Not disrespecting because we all love Danny to Hell, heck.

Not sure if I was around for this era.

Danny (in my opinion) was the only leader who really looked to further the faction and make sure it actually had competent NCO’s

All the others (in my opinion) didn’t do much for that, and became too absorbed in roleplay

It’s good to RP, but they also had a faction to run. He’s the only high rank I always remember as trust worthy and dependable to go to your problems with.

Deleted member 61

donator without a cause
Nebulae
To be quite honest, it shouldn't be called WW3RP because then it gives the false pretence that you're going to be in an army fighting another army (Like the previous iterations of the game mode) which just isn't correct.
To be quite honest, I think the same because it demeans the potential that StasilandRP has by limiting it to the success of prior WW3RP iterations.
[doublepost=1551267962][/doublepost]
All the others (in my opinion) didn’t do much for that, and became too absorbed in roleplay

It’s good to RP, but they also had a faction to run. He’s the only high rank I always remember as trust worthy and dependable to go to your problems with.
wow, even after i give you CO and listen to your suggestions on MP reforms

Roosebud

Molecule
Nebulae
give me a scobed mosin to ruin the gommunist's day :smiley:DD

am i the only one that was waiting for this shit to finally drop? this is a better version than hl2rp and i will actually start playing gerald's modifcation again

thank you character and roosebud!

@Roosebud @char is this more akin to occupation RP?

Seems like I'll have to make a seperate thread to adress this, seeing as I've clarified this a fair number of times.

No, it's not occupation RP because there's nothing to occupy, nor is it HL2RP in the sense that there's a relative peace and a social dynamic. We don't have any CityRP aspects and play out our concept in a full-on warzone where everyone is drawn into conflict to a certain degree, we don't incorporate the passive aspects like you'd see from the cwu, um, loyalists etc.
People are relatively quick to draw comparisons because we dropped terms like 'insurgents', 'revolution', 'superior force' etc, but that's about it when it comes to similarities.
HL2RP doesn't really have a war dynamic and plays out a more slow-paced progression structure in an environment of order and relative peace, whereas this concept would focus on a chaotic shell of a former society torn apart by a two-way/three-way/four-way conflict between a number of different entities with a heavier focus on fast-paced action and relatively easy-to-access combat.

But like I said I reckon I'll dedicate a thread to the most common concerns, seeing as they keep popping up every couple of pages.

Dr Heckyll

Molecule
Nebulae
wait so is the whole of the mainland occupied by warsaw pact? and will it be set in west germany or something?

Danny

Visual Powerhouse
Nebulae
When was this exactly? Not disrespecting because we all love Danny to Hell, heck.

Not sure if I was around for this era.
Was more towards the end, I was the last in line and I think I did okay.

Only one SMALL mistake with a radio tower, which I look back on a lot, and regret. But that time has passed now anyways.

Can't believe you'd doss my Hellheck tag like that, didn't think anyone would remember.
We old to this rp stuff now huh, long way since LP ftrp

Roosebud

Molecule
Nebulae
wait so is the whole of the mainland occupied by warsaw pact? and will it be set in west germany or something?

Most of the European mainland was conquered by the soviets during the events of 1983/1990 WW3RP, we intend for the concept to take place in Germany after it was unified by the Soviet invasion during 1983 (2016-2017 LP). Germany would've been the longest-running new soviet republic and also the most prone to outbreaks of violence in the wake of the ongoing war.

Dr Heckyll

Molecule
Nebulae
Most of the European mainland was conquered by the soviets during the events of 1983/1990 WW3RP, we intend for the concept to take place in Germany after it was unified by the Soviet invasion during 1983 (2016-2017 LP). Germany would've been the longest-running new soviet republic and also the most prone to outbreaks of violence in the wake of the ongoing war.
this sounds pretty confusing to me since I never played ww3rp or even looked at its lore, guess I'll just have to wait until lore threads are put up

Deleted member 61

donator without a cause
Nebulae
Was more towards the end, I was the last in line and I think I did okay.

Only one SMALL mistake with a radio tower, which I look back on a lot, and regret. But that time has passed now anyways.

Can't believe you'd doss my Hellheck tag like that, didn't think anyone would remember.
Powley is certainly right about you being approachable and easy to talk and sort out problems with. I wouldn't expect any less from you. :P

Can't say I remember much about the radio tower, but I'm sure everybody has their regrets about what they did and didn't do as leaders of a faction.

I'd never forget the Hellheck, especially when there's so many Dans in the community.

STUCK IN A CAKE

Molecule
Nebulae
5C2C45EC685ED74DBAB911E570AC37DE37D55DD6

Still one of my favourite screenshots

Status
Not open for further replies.