News Preview/Discussion - WW3RP: STASILAND

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zarail

Atom
Nebulae
Join my anarcho-transhumanist insurgency group you fools.

Nah but in all seriousness I'm excited. I like the concept of civs that try to just survive in the warzone while having to deal with all the groups and the soviets and everything.

As long as people don't constantly make throwaways to kill commies or whatever then I'm good.

Powley

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
To be quite honest, I think the same because it demeans the potential that StasilandRP has by limiting it to the success of prior WW3RP iterations.
[doublepost=1551267962][/doublepost]
wow, even after i give you CO and listen to your suggestions on MP reforms

I’m not saying your bad, but I was stabbed by special forces for not allowing a stray dog onto base and they managed to get out a court martial on OOC basis

Not your fault, but it kind of dampened my whole mood of even basic rules could be overruled if you complained enough

Hence why I decided to join Soviet’s

Reactions: List

Black Rain (1989)

The Rise and Fall of Ziggy Chardust
Nebulae
To be quite honest, it shouldn't be called WW3RP because then it gives the false pretence that you're going to be in an army fighting another army (Like the previous iterations of the game mode) which just isn't correct.

We debated about just dropping the WW3RP moniker, given the new setting. But after discussion we decided to keep it because a) it is still going to be militaryRP, although to a different extent and b) because it is the same lore and setting as previous iterations of WW3RP.

A random player on the sever browser isn't going to know what StasilandRP is upon first glance.

Husky

Nebulae
How are new players going to be greeted to the server? Willthey start as civilians/Soviets/etc? And will training be required for them?

Roosebud

Molecule
Nebulae
Full Q&A will be hosted this Saturday at 9pm GMT on teamspeak:
https://nebulous.cloud/threads/ww3rp-stasiland-official-q-a-teamspeak.39180/

In the meantime feel free to continue dropping questions here, even if they might not be answered immediately. Gives us a general idea on what sort of questions to expect.
[doublepost=1551269408][/doublepost]
How are new players going to be greeted to the server? Willthey start as civilians/Soviets/etc? And will training be required for them?
I believe this is listed in the OP, Soviets will be a whitelisted faction with the 'open to all' faction being civilians/insurgents

Dr Heckyll

Molecule
Nebulae
Will there be frequent map changes? Will this even be necessary without the conventional blue vs red dynamic?

Roosebud

Molecule
Nebulae
Will there be frequent map changes? Will this even be necessary without the conventional blue vs red dynamic?
The way we've structured the concept is that we'd like to avoid frequent 'main' map changes to allow for people to actually establish organisations, bases, long-term plots etc etc. Though with the setting of WW3RP I reckon we can make good use of off-map events to portray other conflicts and situations happening around the world.

Deleted member 61

donator without a cause
Nebulae
I’m not saying your bad, but I was stabbed by special forces for not allowing a stray dog onto base and they managed to get out a court martial on OOC basis

Not your fault, but it kind of dampened my whole mood of even basic rules could be overruled if you complained enough

Hence why I decided to join Soviet’s
Not sure why you bring that up, considering I wasn't faction lead at the time. I also don't think that situation should reflect poorly on seal, considering I'm pretty sure that appeal was accepted by PK appeals, and not the faction leader.

Gabe

Molecule
Nebulae
Kinda had a chat with my guy @GenericPlayer I came to an interesting theory, Stasiland reminds me Jeudah and Shomeron(Also known as the west bank) local insurgency from local pop. Soviets acting as a security force to keep the insurgency down while having Njsoc trying to get local pop to go against the soviets(Like Hamas is doing right now and IDF forces lauching counter terrorisem shit against them). If it acts like it is from my own experience then it'll be grand since I love the shit I seen in the west bank during my time in the army

Deleted member 2925

pilotbland's best friend
HL2 RP Server Director
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
Can someone help me out here

So I played ww3rp one time back when I first joined neb, and I really didn’t understand why people enjoyed it to the extent they did.

My question is, what is it that made the server so fun?

*honk honk*

transcended p doggo
Nebulae

So I played ww3rp one time back when I first joined neb, and I really didn’t understand why people enjoyed it to the extent they did.

killing globalist scum for the glory of the motherland

SpaceInvader

Dutch Ally.
Nebulae

the community ofcourse why do you like hl2rp? Because off the friends you made because you play it.

Last edited:

metropaun

hass ist keine emotion sondern ein zustand
Nebulae
the server was the most fun when it felt like you were actually making any progress in the war such as with events or something

all the time s2k patrols get boring too

Status
Not open for further replies.