News Preview/Discussion - WW3RP: STASILAND

Status
Not open for further replies.

aperson

Molecule
Nebulae
Tbh most times on ts would just be talking about crap, even when on patrols most of the talking would be about shit all

bubblegum

you should see me in a crown
Nebulae
how do you prevent people going on discord wtf

How do you prevent rebels from going on discord and metagaming? I think it would be pretty obvious if people were using a third party to communicate.

PilotBland

community antagonizer
Nebulae
How do you prevent rebels from going on discord and metagaming? I think it would be pretty obvious if people were using a third party to communicate.

no not really

not in a likely way they can’t lie And say they’re ic

and metagamers don’t get banned anyways so

Señor Jaggles

Local Spaniard
Nebulae

The issue 99.999999% of cases is not whether it's obvious or not. The issue comes when you know it happens but you can't prove it. Many will just say "then ban them anyways, not like this is the justice system and they're being sentenced to death" but the second someone gets banned without directly incriminating evidence, you'll have some (and at times, the exact same people) flock about yelling admin abuse.

The never ending circle.

SpaceInvader

Dutch Ally.
Nebulae
You might aswell allow people to use TS, and to take the information ICly
If you don't, they'll go off and make discord's

It's a better alternative, have a place where you can moderate what's being done, as opposed to giving people an excuse to go manage themselves.

TL;DR keep ts
TS will be like this. People that get in the soviet union will sit in IC soviet channels. A new player will never be able to interact with these players unless it's all ready a member off their circlejerk. So civs dont get to interact with sovies in ts and insurgents dont talk to other insurgent groups etc. It will be a circlejerk fest again. I think TS is good but keep it for OOC. Even if people will use discord servers and stuff. Malicious people will always do this anyway. Even if you have a TS. Remember the old ban waves of discord servers? Yeah that was WW3RP with TS.

Reactions: List

Ond

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae

its time

2b4a599766.jpg

Deleted member 2304

The Ultimate Enhanced Roleplayer
Nebulae
TS will be like this. People that get in the soviet union will sit in IC soviet channels. A new player will never be able to interact with these players unless it's all ready a member off their circlejerk. So civs dont get to interact with sovies in ts and insurgents dont talk to other insurgent groups etc. It will be a circlejerk fest again. I think TS is good but keep it for OOC. Even if people will use discord servers and stuff. Malicious people will always do this anyway. Even if you have a TS. Remember the old ban waves of discord servers? Yeah that was WW3RP with TS.
If people are in a public channel, I disagree that there is a circlejerk, as I initially began to meet people OOC because of teamspeak. Fair play if they sit in private servers, but TS is a great way to introduce yourself to the community imo

bubblegum

you should see me in a crown
Nebulae
If people are in a public channel, I disagree that there is a circlejerk, as I initially began to meet people OOC because of teamspeak. Fair play if they sit in private servers, but TS is a great way to introduce yourself to the community imo

Teamspeak tends to promote cliques or 'circlejerks'. That isn't necessarily bad if it's not toxic, and it's a good way to make friends and talk. I personally find it sometimes extremely distracting, as I can only focus on either role playing or listening / talking at once. So, while you can't deny that it's fun to interact with members of the community and make friends, you also can't deny it can have a detrimental affect on roleplay and can sometimes promote toxicity against people a group of people may not like, or even new players.

Shapok

smol man rollenspieler
Nebulae
this
I probably wouldn't of made any OOC friends without TeamSpeak imo

Theplahunter

Electron
Nebulae
To be honest? We won't need locked channels for special forces anymore, and I think people should be in the unlocked channels until they have an ACTUAL MEETING, not a thing where they just sit around chatting shit, but an actual important meeting about things they need to discuss. When I was the Chief Commissar I never sat in the MPs channel unless something was absolutely needed to be discussed (usually if someone was being dumb and I needed to bring their heads out of the clouds) and I think that should be the same way. And make sure people aren't willynilly discussing patrols they've seen/are on in teamspeak. If someone says 'Yeah I'm on patrol' that's fine 'I'm on patrol at *location*' that's NOT fine and the person should be yelled at, especially when I know for a fact people used to sit in opposite factions channels waiting for patrols, so the others could go out and yell 'GUYS FORM A PATROL NATO/SOVIETS ARE GOING OUT LETS GO GIT EM.'

Keep people to their public faction channels unless it's sensitive/important info, and call out people that are meta'ing saying borderline meta shit. Sitting in teamspeak with your fac mates is ok, sitting in a LOCKED channel with the same 3 people all the time talking about sensitive info and patrols, not ok.

Last edited:

Cindy

*sigh* ud know this if u read the silmarillion...
Nebulae
ive only been reading for abt 30 seconds but i hope yall arent trying to suggest discord with the arguement that ts promotes cliques cause if so hoh boy do i have a surprise for you

Husky

Nebulae
Remember when he tried to over-rule roose and you and char to try to PK me so he could "lead" Commissariat when I was 2ic with him.

E: He also formed a group chat of people who didn't say anything and said "Look all these people want Husky gone" and none of them actually said anything, he just brought them into the group chat for no real reason and then went on a long rant as to why he should be 2ic and I should be removed from Commissariat and PK'd.

SGT Angel

Nucleus
Nebulae
using voip is just gonna promote lads banter s2k behavior that was in old ww3

The only time I ever remember being immersed in ww3 was when I first joined, knowing no one and not a single thing about ts.

the moment you get into voice chat it just becomes another shooter.

Granted trying to s2k and type is quite aids at times.

Theplahunter

Electron
Nebulae
Remember when he tried to over-rule roose and you and char to try to PK me so he could "lead" Commissariat when I was 2ic with him.

E: He also formed a group chat of people who didn't say anything and said "Look all these people want Husky gone" and none of them actually said anything, he just brought them into the group chat for no real reason and then went on a long rant as to why he should be 2ic and I should be removed from Commissariat and PK'd.

Ey man, that was a long time ago. Lets just let bygones be bygones.

Status
Not open for further replies.