maoist insurgent marches towards a stasi checkpoint circa 1992 - hanover
nVvIIB2.png

Deleted member 61

donator without a cause
Nebulae
I can't even get in TS3.

<13:41:22> Trying to resolve hostname ts3.nebulous.cloud
<13:41:22> Failed to resolve hostname 'ts3.nebulous.cloud'

I hope its' because its' overfilled or something.

mårten

Atom
Nebulae
I can't even get in TS3.

<13:41:22> Trying to resolve hostname ts3.nebulous.cloud
<13:41:22> Failed to resolve hostname 'ts3.nebulous.cloud'

I hope its' because its' overfilled or something.
i've had that for ages haven't been able to join teamspeak for months lul

Roosebud

Molecule
Nebulae
on the topic of VOIP etc, it'd be a perfect world where we can disable platforms such as discord/teamspeak while on the server. Sadly we can't restrict them fully beyond disallowing them in the rules, as people will just abandon the 'official' teamspeak and move to their own, as we've seen during the various iterations of ww3rp.

Using TS3/Discord is your choice in the end, if you want to ruin the immersion for yourself and be distracted from gameplay because you're talking about stuff, that's on you. As long as it doesn't affect others and the server itself. I reckon we'll have a set of rules related to it, and be more harsh on those caught coordinating actions / s2k / whatever seeing as the 'isolated insurgent with limited means of communication' is something we want to go for.

Atom
B A N N E D
Nebulae
on the topic of VOIP etc, it'd be a perfect world where we can disable platforms such as discord/teamspeak while on the server. Sadly we can't restrict them fully beyond disallowing them in the rules, as people will just abandon the 'official' teamspeak and move to their own, as we've seen during the various iterations of ww3rp.

Using TS3/Discord is your choice in the end, if you want to ruin the immersion for yourself and be distracted from gameplay because you're talking about stuff that's on you, as long as it doesn't affect others and the server itself. I reckon we'll have a set of rules related to it, and be more harsh on those caught coordinating actions / s2k / whatever seeing as the 'isolated insurgent with limited means of communication' is something we want to go for.

in general it's obvious enough when people are metagaming

Reactions: List

[NL] AtomicGamer

String
B A N N E D
Nebulae

Using TS3/Discord is your choice in the end, if you want to ruin the immersion for yourself and be distracted from gameplay because you're talking about stuff, that's on you. As long as it doesn't affect others and the server itself. I reckon we'll have a set of rules related to it, and be more harsh on those caught coordinating actions / s2k / whatever seeing as the 'isolated insurgent with limited means of communication' is something we want to go for.
NEDERLANDSE TROTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :smiley:

Reactions: List

Dallas

event guy
Nebulae

i think the great advantage of stasiland is its step away from combat towards a more rp-centered world where actual investigation and thinking is required - things that being in ts/disc can distract from

so long as S2K has a smaller place in this gamemode i am convinced it will resolve itself more naturally

cns - he/him/his

The Winner
Nebulae
if you use ts3 while roleplaying your intentions are clear to any man/women/retard that you are just here to have a old laugh and that roleplay isn't your top priority and this comes from a place where I was doing this in HL2RP and WW3RP.

end of the day if you wanna boost your own enjoyment save ts/discord for other ventures that aren't roleplay.

DanZ

Neutrino
Nebulae
I've probably missed the Q&A but I have a few questions regarding the lore. I do like the new setting so that it's more like the "This war of mine"-style of story. Sets up for a lot of interesting ideas that you can work out to actually get some RP into WW3RP, even if such a thing seems impossible from previous iterations...

This was definitely what interested me to look deeper into what you've made but one question immediately triggered "muh realism". How is it that the Soviets were able to push back NATO out of Europe? This sounds like an incredibly important part of the lore if you are going to want to actually formulate a decent background story to your character. Like in the 1980's, if that is when the Soviets made their push, they would have had to face Chieftains, Leopard 2's and even M1 Abrams, pretty much every technologically superior tank that the NATO had produced while Soviet tanks at that time weren't all that advanced in terms of fire control, optics, and such... So in your alternative universe you'd have to put it that the Soviet Union wasn't in economic turmoil in the 1980's?

What has changed within the Soviet Union to make it retain its strength in this alternative timeline? Like I can agree that the Soviet Union would've probably been able to push NATO out of Europe in the 1950s or perhaps even the 1960s but definitely not in the 1980s when it was constantly changing leadership, it was falling apart and their military equipment was just growing older and older.

So considering you start with:
Lenin Lived, Lenin Lives, Lenin Will Live Forever."
Does this mean that Lenin lived for longer than he did in our history? But then still, he would've been dead way before the Soviet Union was pushing NATO out of Europe. So who succeeded him? And how would these two people have changed the economy of the Soviet Union in such a way that they would be superior to that of the USA and its allies? Someone else asked whether it was Gorbachev and Char agreed to it so I assume it's Gorbachev but what made him change his ideas towards the West? For as far as I'm aware he opted for more peaceful resolutions with the US and its allies and to get an actual end to the Cold War rather than to actually start World War 3?

I do have to say that I definitely prefer a setup like this over the past WW3RP settings that just devolved into some meme cesspool where RP was second to the need of dinking people and bragging about it in OOC. And, as I said in the start of my post, it definitely opens up for way more potential. I'm not trying to bash what you guys have made, I like the idea and it's nice to see that you're still thinking about new ways to revive this. Though, if you remember how I used to be and know that I prefer realism and things to be logical, I still feel like some things feel a bit lackluster in terms of explanation so far. But I guess that is normal to an initial preview to a new mode.

Status
Not open for further replies.