News Preview/Discussion - WW3RP: STASILAND

Status
Not open for further replies.

DanZ

Neutrino
Nebulae
Nukes don't exist in this lore.
Wait but you quote a video to back up your statement about how the Soviet Union would buttfuck NATO and claim it's completely possible in 1980's but if you actually watch the video you can quite quickly tell that nukes are an essential part of this plan...

So given that you just claimed that nukes don't exist in this lore and that it's an essential part of the plan... Well, I'll let you connect the dots. Thanks for the laugh though, when I read your response it actually cracked me up

E: give me more optimistic ratings you cowards.
You ask, I provide

Reactions: List

swexs

Nebulae
yeah thats another thing let's stop medics from being brain surgeons and engineers knowing how to operate every military vehicle and disarm every explosive in existence this time

no more google glasses

@Disorder no more cyborg bionic arm rp for you
nothing personel its just mega stupid

Clokr

Atom
Nebulae
Wait but you quote a video to back up your statement about how the Soviet Union would buttfuck NATO and claim it's completely possible in 1980's but if you actually watch the video you can quite quickly tell that nukes are an essential part of this plan...

So given that you just claimed that nukes don't exist in this lore and that it's an essential part of the plan... Well, I'll let you connect the dots. Thanks for the laugh though, when I read your response it actually cracked me up
nuclear energy as a whole dont even exist in this lore. Chernobyl never happened, the three mile island incident never happened, so on. you can probably do the rest of the math

GenericPlayer

i like firetruck and moster truck
Nebulae
i thought nuclear reactors and small-scale atom bombs existed, just not ICBMs or other large scale weapons

Husky

Nebulae

I'm not... like... being an authority on the lore here.

I'm just trying to give some interesting history facts n shit.

DanZ

Neutrino
Nebulae
I'm not... like... being an authority on the lore here.

I'm just trying to give some interesting history facts n shit.
How is this an interesting historical fact when the person you are quoting is claiming that it was a FANTASY in the minds of the Soviet commanders?

nuclear energy as a whole dont even exist in this lore. Chernobyl never happened, the three mile island incident never happened, so on. you can probably do the rest of the math
I've done the math clearly if you read my post again...

But it seems like there is some confusion surrounding this topic, maybe something productive has come from this discussion. It could be good that the people in charge of the lore could clearly write this down so it's clear?

if nukes don't exist in lore then how did america get japan to surrender? did the us invade mainland japan?
You bring up a very good point, sir or ma'am. Not nuking Japan would've completely changed our history. So a very interesting thing to think about.

maybe they just firebombed the absolute FUCK outta some tojo
Please I can only laugh so loud in my mom's basement

Deleted member 61

donator without a cause
Nebulae
if nukes don't exist in lore then how did america get japan to surrender? did the us invade mainland japan?

Many people argue that they didn't have to drop the bombs to force an unconditional surrender.

Maybe they could just say that's a legitimate argument and say that in this lore that's what happened and leave it at that.

D

Deleted member 1381

i think it's an interesting idea that soviet soldiers can be intimidated into subordination by the threat of a transfer to the front lines in asia

instead of just removing a player from the faction if they break rules or misbehave you can say their character has been transferred to the front lines, give their character a bit more development rather than just bringing it to an abrupt end

bubblegum

you should see me in a crown
Nebulae
Many people argue that they didn't have to drop the bombs to force an unconditional surrender.

Maybe they could just say that's a legitimate argument and say that in this lore that's what happened and leave it at that.

A study done for Secretary of War Henry Stimson's staff by William Shockley estimated that invading Japan would cost 1.7–4 million American casualties, including 400,000–800,000 fatalities, and five to ten million Japanese fatalities.

That would fucking horrendous, but would be a cool thing in lore if nukes dead ass don't actually exist.

Atom
B A N N E D
Nebulae
yes, and you can wear them in game

roll up on berlin like

IMG_20190211_150324.jpg

Deleted member 61

donator without a cause
Nebulae
A study done for Secretary of War Henry Stimson's staff by William Shockley estimated that invading Japan would cost 1.7–4 million American casualties, including 400,000–800,000 fatalities, and five to ten million Japanese fatalities.

That would fucking horrendous, but would be a cool thing in lore if nukes dead ass don't actually exist.
Pretty sure they don't exist because nuclear weapons would create peace between major nuclear powers to prevent mutually assured destruction. Anyone on the outside looking in would ask, "Why didn't they just threaten the other side with nukes?", and well, yeah, that's a very good question. It also allows for more outrageous over-steps of boundaries by each faction.

DanZ

Neutrino
Nebulae

You have a point there, though I doubt that the Japanese people would've surrendered without a clear sign of overwhelming superiority like a nuclear blast. My own opinion on this, and I'd like to repeat that it's my OPINION, is that the US would've had to invade Japan and it would've cost them thousands of lives. The US would've made Japan surrender eventually, but it would've taken a lot of time and a lot of casualties. It would essentially change our entire history.

But for the sake of not making it too difficult to write this up I can completely agree with you that we could just leave it as that as a "plothole"

stop over-analyzing shit and just enjoy the game mode and memes fuck up.
Ah, yes. The typical response of a child when he lost an argument. I guess I've been away from Nebulous for far too long to remember that this was the level of having a normal discussion on the lore. I'm sorry that you felt urged to respond to my questions and I'm sorry that I tried to challenge your historical knowledge, I can clearly see that you have a doctorate in this field.

Status
Not open for further replies.