Progress Update #2

avralwobniar

Atom
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
can you make it so that we can choose to have the ammo counter on the left or the right side of the screen

Mute

`impulse-approved
Nebulae
i wonder how much more threads and posts its gonna take people to understand that textRP isn't happening in any form

anyway looks really fucking awesome, I love it so far, if there's one good thing you guys are amazing at its UI design

one word of warning is for the love of god keep shit balanced from the start

dunno if its a dev car or whatever impulse was using but its just way too fast, please cap the speed/accelaration and make it semi-realistic or similar to the "original" GTA5 cars (pre all online updates and additions), of course with the exception of supercars and all that shit, even with upgrades it just felt way to comical, speaking about the green car btw

I know that balancing/tweaking the cars speed/acc/brakes and damage and guns and other misc stuff will probably be the last thing you guys do, or at least work on it early into its release, but even with upgrades they just feel silly (and I know its not seriousRP but even on other similar servers I've seen they are kinda dumb)

Reactions: List

alex

I do things.
Head Staff
Nebulae
dunno if its a dev car or whatever impulse was using but its just way too fast, please cap the speed/accelaration and make it semi-realistic or similar to the "original" GTA5 cars (pre all online updates and additions), of course with the exception of supercars and all that shit, even with upgrades it just felt way to comical, speaking about the green car btw
Cars haven't been touched at all yet so they're all completely default to GTAV handling.

Thood74

Molecule
Premium Member
Nebulae
I'm not sure if this means you're for or against text chat
considering this is a half life 2 roleplay community now transitioning to GTA RP they are likely implying it's a perfect fit for us and that you should implement it immediately (you should)
They are against it.

Nov

Molecule
Nebulae
considering this is a half life 2 roleplay community now transitioning to GTA RP they are likely implying it's a perfect fit for us and that you should implement it immediately (you should)
They are against it.
ynId0YD.jpg

john

barbecue chips aint shit
Nebulae
dont let people buy supercars until they have a gazillion dollares. i hate servers where everyone has one its so weird and out of place i want people to drive regular shitcar and be a regular guy until they rich off some big enterprise i dont want everyone and their neighbour to have one thats just me.

MaXenzie

Sexually attracted to robots
Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
dont let people buy supercars until they have a gazillion dollares. i hate servers where everyone has one its so weird and out of place i want people to drive regular shitcar and be a regular guy until they rich off some big enterprise i dont want everyone and their neighbour to have one thats just me.

okay but some people don't want to drive regular shitcar, some people want to RP being a rich person

alex

I do things.
Head Staff
Nebulae
They are against it.
(we wont)

`impulse

Head Staff
Nebulae
Is there gonna be anti-theft purchasable upgrades, such as a limited range tracker or immobiliser that increases in range per upgrade? I think that'd be pretty epic
Anything past cosmetic customization is still up in the air. I'd imagine we'd have ways of helping prevent theft of your vehicle
can you make it so that we can choose to have the ammo counter on the left or the right side of the screen
Customization of UI stuff probably won't be considered until after launch since it's all still being made
i wonder how much more threads and posts its gonna take people to understand that textRP isn't happening in any form

anyway looks really fucking awesome, I love it so far, if there's one good thing you guys are amazing at its UI design

one word of warning is for the love of god keep shit balanced from the start

I know that balancing/tweaking the cars speed/acc/brakes and damage and guns and other misc stuff will probably be the last thing you guys do, or at least work on it early into its release, but even with upgrades they just feel silly (and I know its not seriousRP but even on other similar servers I've seen they are kinda dumb)
Yeah that green car is ridiculous even for gta lol
is it possible to get an oppressor mk2???
we crash your game if you spawn it
I thought this line of progression was implied, of course not everyone is going to be rolling in cash and luxury cars
okay but some people don't want to drive regular shitcar, some people want to RP being a rich person
You can RP coming up from the bottom and make a decent living by throwing away trash

avralwobniar

Atom
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
if you dont wanna be poor then make money so you can rp being rich and set actual character goals
it wont stop until they either leave the community or have posting permissions revoked from the section
there's not even any reason for them to beg for text rp here since them and all their friends that want to text rp have a place to already do that on gta rp. why would anyone want alex and impulse to maintain a project they dont have any passion for? it'd just turn out shit