Progress Update #4

Aether

Molecule
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
So thought so far of my attempts to even join a GTA5RP server, and how I've so far spent an hour tryna do it:
First off, can we definitely get like a "here's all the controls" menu in the loading screen or something because the first server I joined didn't and I had no idea what I was doing so I left and joined a new one that did. Second, character creation, I've no idea if we've shown it off yet, but please for the love of god give us range when it comes to most stuff. Idk if it's possible to have one of those rgb value things for shit like eye/hair colour, but it'd be nicer than using a palette, and maybe even a hue system or something for skin, yes I want jaundice, okay?

Also, make sure you account for if someone leaves/gets disconnected during character creation, currently I'm stuck waiting for an admin rn on some random server because I was almost done with my character and their server restarted and now I can't do anything cause my character both does and does not exist.

Warwick

Mum Looks Like Tracy Beaker
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
Idk if it's possible to have one of those rgb value things for shit like eye/hair colour, but it'd be nicer than using a palette, and maybe even a hue system or something for skin, yes I want jaundice, okay?
Please. Please. Please, I beg of you @alex - Do not put a fucking RGB/Hue system for skin.

Eye colour is one thing, but none of us want Dark Souls characters walking around.

pVTSSLx.png

Aether

Molecule
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
Please. Please. Please, I beg of you @alex - Do not put a fucking RGB/Hue system for skin.

Eye colour is one thing, but none of us want Dark Souls characters walking around.

pVTSSLx.png
Fine, do a palette but at least have a little bit of range, this is GTA5, we can afford to have some people look a little goofy

Warwick

GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
Fine, do a palette but at least have a little bit of range, this is GTA5, we can afford to have some people look a little goofy
a little goofy =/= minion skin tones

Jaydawg

Loves QA testing
Head Staff
Developer
Premium Member
Nebulae
a little goofy =/= minion skin tones
As far as I remember, unless I'm wrong @alex - GTA 5/FiveM skin, hair etc have a fixed list of colours and don't support an RGB/Hue system.

Reactions: List

Aether

Molecule
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
On the topic of what happens when you join, maybe just deadass port the HL2RP main menu shit over, that worked pretty well and it was honestly good, being able to create/delete characters yourself, and having views of areas in the game was always pretty nice

Jaydawg

Loves QA testing
Head Staff
Developer
Premium Member
Nebulae

Aether

Molecule
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae

Deleted member 906

Molecule
B A N N E D
Nebulae

pVTSSLx.png

Also, please for the love of fucking god, don't allow people to play as FUCKING feral animals unless you add the BIRD WHITELIST for premium :)

Aether

Molecule
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
In other news, when I tried to join that server, for some reason my headset mic has completely stopped working. I'm sure it's a coincidence and that as I'd not tested it for a few days prior it could've even occurred sooner and I didn't realise until I needed it, but it sure as shit is a pain in my ass lol

Possibly a sign I'm not to play GTA5RP?

Warwick

GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
In other news, when I tried to join that server, for some reason my headset mic has completely stopped working. I'm sure it's a coincidence and that as I'd not tested it for a few days prior it could've even occurred sooner and I didn't realise until I needed it, but it sure as shit is a pain in my ass lol

Possibly a sign I'm not to play GTA5RP?
The release of GTARP could be a ways off, and there are plenty of affordable microphones on the market that are not horrendous. Depending on your budget, and whether or not you want a combi headset + mic or just a mic, I'd recommend the following:

£0 - £49.99
Combi (Logitech G332; £49.99 https://www.logitechg.com/en-gb/products/gaming-audio/g332-stereo-gaming-headset.html)
Mic Only (Razer Seiren Mini; £39.99 )

£50 - £99.99
Combi (Logitech Pro; £84.99 https://www.logitechg.com/en-gb/pro...aming-headset-passive-noise-cancellation.html)
Mic Only (Hyper X Solocast; £62.50 )
Mic Only (RØDE NT-USB; £87.11 )

Those are all good, sub-100 pound mics/headsets that will do you for GTARP. You don't need a stupidly high quality mic for it. Either save until GTARP actually comes out, or pay on Klarna or Paypal Credit. Simple. Works out to like £33.34 every 2 weeks for 6 weeks, and you've got a decent mic right off the bat.

Aether

Molecule
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
The release of GTARP could be a ways off, and there are plenty of affordable microphones on the market that are not horrendous. Depending on your budget, and whether or not you want a combi headset + mic or just a mic, I'd recommend the following:

£0 - £49.99
Combi (Logitech G332; £49.99 https://www.logitechg.com/en-gb/products/gaming-audio/g332-stereo-gaming-headset.html)
Mic Only (Razer Seiren Mini; £39.99 )

£50 - £99.99
Combi (Logitech Pro; £84.99 https://www.logitechg.com/en-gb/pro...aming-headset-passive-noise-cancellation.html)
Mic Only (Hyper X Solocast; £62.50 )
Mic Only (RØDE NT-USB; £87.11 )

Those are all good, sub-100 pound mics/headsets that will do you for GTARP. You don't need a stupidly high quality mic for it. Either save until GTARP actually comes out, or pay on Klarna or Paypal Credit. Simple. Works out to like £33.34 every 2 weeks for 6 weeks, and you've got a decent mic right off the bat.

My headset is a SteelSeries Arctis 7 (£175) and I'm still going through shit with SteelSeries tech support rn, and if it's actually busted I'll probably see if I can send it off to them for repairs, so I don't plan on buying a new one just yet - but I appreciate the shoutouts.

Warwick

GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
My headset is a SteelSeries Arctis 7 (£175) and I'm still going through shit with SteelSeries tech support rn, and if it's actually busted I'll probably see if I can send it off to them for repairs, so I don't plan on buying a new one just yet - but I appreciate the shoutouts.
mfw I was about to buy this exact headset - let me know how their support are b/c that will determine if i buy from them