Progress Update #5

Deleted member 2925

pilotbland's best friend
HL2 RP Server Director
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
the more user-friendly the control scheme and mechanics are on a server the more likely someone will stay

I’ve never played GTARP, though I’ve seen clips and videos from popular servers that are established with a large player base - some whitelist, some public, and I’m certain that everything we’ve seen so far for mechanics and UI from dev updates is a lot more polished in comparison to most servers.

So yeah, having the server public is without a doubt the best option for launch - the dev team would be stabbing themselves in the throat if they launched with whitelist, in my opinion.

Reactions: List

alex

I do things.
Head Staff
Nebulae
So yeah, having the server public is without a doubt the best option for launch - the dev team would be stabbing themselves in the throat if they launched with whitelist, in my opinion.
It’s still a possibility that we launch with a whitelist but the original plan is to start public. The playtest we’re preparing for will be forum sign-up for sure though.

Deleted member 906

Molecule
B A N N E D
Nebulae
It’s still a possibility that we launch with a whitelist but the original plan is to start public. The playtest we’re preparing for will be forum sign-up for sure though.

With all that coding for the GTARP Server you're gonna be all tuckered out come launch.... you're going to need a competent Server Director ;) for GTARP. I Volunteer as Tribute. I used to be the EU Server Manager for Maximum Gaming on SA:MP RP. Extensive Roster! <3 ;)

dont murder me

alex

I do things.
Head Staff
Nebulae
With all that coding for the GTARP Server you're gonna be all tuckered out come launch.... you're going to need a competent Server Director ;) for GTARP. I Volunteer as Tribute. I used to be the EU Server Manager for Maximum Gaming on SA:MP RP. Extensive Roster! <3 ;)

dont murder me
We won't be having a server director for GTA RP as it won't be run under our previous structure

Aether

Molecule
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
We won't be having a server director for GTA RP as it won't be run under our previous structure
I'm... Actually surprised by this. I was 100% expecting BQ to once again be branded with that curse

What kinda structure we gonna have?

Blackquill

Administrator
Head Staff
Nebulae
I'm... Actually surprised by this. I was 100% expecting BQ to once again be branded with that curse

Not sure why you'd make that assumption tbf, I've contributed the least to the project thus far and I've never played GTARP before

Deleted member 906

Molecule
B A N N E D
Nebulae

IIRC, No structure. But i imagine Alex is gonna need some mods to Wrangle the influx of morons.

alex

I do things.
Head Staff
Nebulae

BQ is still involved if he wants to be.

It'll likely be a case of developers being the key decision makers and some admin/moderators for application review/player reports.

Aether

Molecule
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
Not sure why you'd make that assumption tbf, I've contributed the least to the project thus far and I've never played GTARP before
I'm deadass serious that it feels weird that you're just gonna be another player lmao

It's like that one time when we were on city 8 and I had my little spa/chinese takeaway place and ran into you unironically playing an actual character, it was like a once in a million moment

Blackquill

Administrator
Head Staff
Nebulae
I'm deadass serious that it feels weird that you're just gonna be another player lmao

It's like that one time when we were on city 8 and I had my little spa/chinese takeaway place and ran into you unironically playing an actual character, it was like a once in a million moment
I mean I'm still Headstaff, I'm just yk

Not running any project myself. I'm still a forum manager gremlin who does all the forum board shit for example.

Aether

Molecule
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
I mean I'm still Headstaff, I'm just yk

Not running any project myself. I'm still a forum manager gremlin who does all the forum board shit for example.
Naw I know you're still headstaff and the like but I mean that in game you'll essentially be another player and that's wild to think about after having you as the big boss for like what, eight years?

Blackquill

Administrator
Head Staff
Nebulae
Naw I know you're still headstaff and the like but I mean that in game you'll essentially be another player and that's wild to think about after having you as the big boss for like what, eight years?
I'll just be a humble taxi driver or something, it'll be fun