Rant About GMOD

overki11

Electron
Nebulae
I'm fucking done. I hate the community of Garry's Mod. The community is so toxic and braindead, and not an inch of logic is to be found anywhere, especially in the RP community.

DarkRP is by far is the worst offender. The community is filled with fucking 8 year olds screaming and crying RDM, and the admins have either bought their rank or recruited by another brain dead fucking zombie slave to the autism known as DarkRP. There are nearly no people who know what roleplay actually is, and how to do it. The servers are created by brain dead asshoes who create stupid rules, and enforce them with an iron fist.

Just today I was on a Star Wars RP server (albeit to troll, because I abhor DarkRP), and I went up to the top bridge and I told the two people guarding it that I was told to report to the left bridge. A fucking child jedi (A CHILD IN GAME) ORDERED the fucking clone trooper to arrest me. I shoot them both, and I instantly get banned. This was the interaction between me and the admin: "Hey dude, I was ordered to report to the left bridge, and they tried to arrest me, it was self defense, I didn't do anything wro-" Banned for 3 hours.

Just today, again, I was in a DarkRP server and I was going to try to actually roleplay. I made a squad car out of props, and became a policeman. Got everyone in the police force to sit on it and I drove it around with my physgun and we were working as an actual police force, roleplaying, and everyone was having fun (IN DARKRP, where shit like this never happens) and the owner comes over, sees it, and deletes it, "That's minging". I ask him his definition of RP, he says that's irrelevant, and I continue to ask him how we were minging and not roleplaying. He finally tells me that if I don't like it then GTFO (which is fine) so I just say "Yeah, I will, your server sucks", he jails me, and then bans me because I criticized his server.

With serious RP (and nebulous is in NO WAY excluded from this, this stupid fucking shit happens just as often here), anyone who is well known in the community (including admins ofc) forms this elitist circle, which are often favorited by people in important positions such as staff, and always have the right-of-way in most situations. There is so much bias you must be completely ignorant to not see it.

Garry's Mod is such a fun game. It has had years upon years of longevity because of how it was built: the community runs it. It doesn't look like stopping anytime soon. It's just the community is filled with cancerous pricks and 6 year olds, and nearly everyone else not in that group is brain-dead.

If you guys agree or disagree, I'd like to hear why.

Grau

Atom
B A N N E D
Nebulae
>hates darkrp
>goes on server to piss people off
>gets banned and cries
>goes on another server and tries to roleplay in a schema that he already knows of that it has no roleplay
>gets banned
>makes rant here

overki11

Electron
Nebulae
>hates darkrp
>gets banned and cries
>goes on another server and tries to roleplay in a schema that he already knows of that it has no roleplay
>gets banned
>makes rant here
more like
>gets banned for an unjust reason without pissing anyone off, and isn't even allowed to defend his case
>goes on another server tries to roleplay in a gamemode that was made for roleplaying, it works
>gets banned for criticizing server
>gets pissed off about how gmod community is braindead
>makes rant here

Grau

Atom
B A N N E D
Nebulae
more like
>gets banned for an unjust reason without pissing anyone off, and isn't even allowed to defend his case
>goes on another server tries to roleplay in a gamemode that was made for roleplaying, it works
>gets banned for criticizing server
>gets pissed off about how gmod community is braindead
>makes rant here
yes im quite sure crying about how braindead the gmod community is makes it a better place right away =))

overki11

Electron
Nebulae
yes im quite sure crying about how braindead the gmod community is makes it a better place right away =))
its a fucking rant, it's meant to vent your frustrations and share/hear opinions, not to try and make shit better (not that anything could fix gmod's community)
[doublepost=1469738146][/doublepost]
It took you this long to figure this out!
already knew it, just got more pissed than usual over it today

Grau

Atom
B A N N E D
Nebulae
its a fucking rant, it's meant to vent your frustrations and share/hear opinions, not to try and make shit better (not that anything could fix gmod's community)
[doublepost=1469738146][/doublepost]
already knew it, just got more pissed than usual over it today
yes but do you actually expect people to care

Reactions: List

Gungeoneer

Your neighbourly friendly guy.
Nebulae
With serious RP (and nebulous is in NO WAY excluded from this, this stupid fucking shit happens just as often here), anyone who is well known in the community (including admins ofc) forms this elitist circle, which are often favorited by people in important positions such as staff, and always have the right-of-way in most situations. There is so much bias you must be completely ignorant to not see it.
lol i am staff and i am not really in a circlejerk at all
if you wanna get 'famous' post often on the forums and be in ts3 often

overki11

Electron
Nebulae
lol i am staff and i am not really in a circlejerk at all
if you wanna get 'famous' post often on the forums and be in ts3 often
i dont want to get "famous" i want more inclusion of newer and lesser known players.

i don't even play on nebulous's servers, i just use the forums.

edit: i have played on them before, don't want anyone to think i don't know what i'm talking about, i just stopped recently.

ddæ

`impulse-approved
Nebulae
I'm fucking done. I hate the community of Garry's Mod. The community is so toxic and braindead, and not an inch of logic is to be found anywhere, especially in the RP community.
i stopped reading here
garrys mod is literally meant to be just for fun and to play with people in a non-hostile environment, whether that be seriousrp or anything of the likes
if you get wound up by a ten year old videogame then idk what to say to you friend

overki11

Electron
Nebulae
i stopped reading here
garrys mod is literally meant to be just for fun and to play with people in a non-hostile environment, whether that be seriousrp or anything of the likes
if you get wound up by a ten year old videogame then idk what to say to you friend
the problem with gmod is the only non hostile environment is singleplayer
[doublepost=1469738729][/doublepost]

read my edit

Dr.Towers

Nucleus
Nebulae
Yes pretty much, but before you unistall it I suggest you to play Slave of Gmod, it's a pretty fun mod for gmod with a single player campaign settled in the enviroment of Gmod servers, it has been made in 2013, some things may seem old, and there's not part on SeriousRP but it pretty much sums up the entire game playerbase one way or another ( °u°)b