RDR 2

PilotBland

community antagonizer
Nebulae
daily reminder that Epic Store is not healthy, it does not "compete" with steam or any other market

aggressively grabbing as many exclusives as possible is not competing, and forcing people to wait a month with no change in price to make it worthwhile is also not competing

its just capitalism at its worst

this is literally the exact same mentality that was rife when steam even opened up as it's own platform, going 'i don't want to go on steam wtf i just wanna play cs'

it literally doesn't matter like who cares

Reactions: List

MaXenzie

Sexually attracted to robots
Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
this is literally the exact same mentality that was rife when steam even opened up as it's own platform, going 'i don't want to go on steam wtf i just wanna play cs'

it literally doesn't matter like who cares

i want to play [moderately hyped indie game]

well shucks i gotta get it on Epic because they already made it an exclusive

ad infinitum

PilotBland

community antagonizer
Nebulae
i want to play [moderately hyped indie game]

well shucks i gotta get it on Epic because they already made it an exclusive

ad infinitum

then don't buy it

you're the consumer, show your disdain for not wanting it by not buying it

that's all the power we have, even if we bombard and shit on it and beg steam to rectify it, if they profit then they make profit. the publisher isn't obligating to make us happy, they want cash and they made a deal and it isn't ludicrous to have variety of DRM's on your desktop, i have 3.

MaXenzie

Sexually attracted to robots
Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
then don't buy it

you're the consumer, show your disdain for not wanting it by not buying it

that's all the power we have, even if we bombard and shit on it and beg steam to rectify it, if they profit then they make profit. the publisher isn't obligating to make us happy, they want cash and they made a deal and it isn't ludicrous to have variety of DRM's on your desktop, i have 3.

the good old "you have no power so why are you speaking" argument

used on people that aren't staff and civil protection too

PilotBland

community antagonizer
Nebulae
the good old "you have no power so why are you speaking" argument

used on people that aren't staff and civil protection too

we don't? like literally the best power we, or you* have is showing [example indie dev] that epic's market isn't big enough to start exclusively licensing your game and whatnot there.

why are you getting uppity and trying to grandstand me when it's the most basic concept, to a profit-driven company - deny them profit yourself if you feel so strong about it.

the fuck is steam gonna do? beg them to come publish this one-off game to steam first? like holy fuck you are mind- mindbogglingly dramatic.

Ond

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
I'd consider switching platforms if they didn't strangulate my free will by forcing exclusivity deals for games

if they offered them earlier and cheaper but without exclusivity, then yeah I wouldn't have a problem but I can't justify switching platform to one that forces people to buy on their platform or pirate the game they want

I don't care about a monopoly, one wallet won't break the camels back. I just want convenience.

GustavasSve

Don’t forget Hawaii!
Nebulae
LETS SPEAK ABOUT RDR2 IN THE RDR2 THREAD PLEASE.

Oh and they confirmed that they are currently focusing 100% on online, not story.

Luft

a bad memer
Nebulae
dd9217e8c33c853cf42612c57dcdc4e9.png

Reactions: List

Luft

a bad memer
Nebulae
i just want to properly aim and actually hear things without having to somehow fiddle my way around that cheap pc connection app they have

alex

I do things.
Head Staff
Nebulae
i just want to properly aim and actually hear things without having to somehow fiddle my way around that cheap pc connection app they have
Just use your PC monitor and a 3.5mm cable into your PC line-in (if you want to talk to people on the PC at the same time) or the headphone jack.