Molecule
Nebulae
was sans in it yes or no
dont think he was and if he was it wasn't noticable
all characters that are supposed to be 'cringe' are seen for maybe 2 seconds

FMDev

Funny SCP Lady
Nebulae
i went and saw it and i honestly think i muttered "fuck off" into the empty movie theater at least 30 times before it was over
it wasn't that great, the story was dumb (how does nobody drive backwards for 5 years?) and the references got a bit too dumb
when you have to quietly reason to yourself whether or not somebody would actually say that every time somebody says something like that you probably shouldn't keep making people say things like that
i clapped when i saw sans undertale and i clapped when i saw space invaders and i clapped when i saw tracer because i knew what those things were

shibe

Molecule
Nebulae
i went and saw it and i honestly think i muttered "fuck off" into the empty movie theater at least 30 times before it was over
it wasn't that great, the story was dumb (how does nobody drive backwards for 5 years?) and the references got a bit too dumb
when you have to quietly reason to yourself whether or not somebody would actually say that every time somebody says something like that you probably shouldn't keep making people say things like that
i clapped when i saw sans undertale and i clapped when i saw space invaders and i clapped when i saw tracer because i knew what those things were
the story was p good in my opinion if you dont compare it to the book
also they didnt overdo the reference in my opinion, atleast, it didn't bother me at all

TheRobsterDJ

Nucleus
Nebulae
stunning visuals, though the scenes outside of the oasis were pretty boring imo

Jer

Electron
Nebulae
Saw it today with accomplice, had to choose between it and Tomb Raider. It was very great, but I hated the part where
Wade and Samantha kissed in the van near the end. God, it was horrid, there was a kid right there, and a crowd of basically everyone outside...ech. Other than that it was fantastic.

Reactions: List

shibe

Molecule
Nebulae
Saw it today with accomplice, had to choose between it and Tomb Raider. It was very great, but I hated the part where
Wade and Samantha kissed in the van near the end. God, it was horrid, there was a kid right there, and a crowd of basically everyone outside...ech. Other than that it was fantastic.
yeah that scene was probably the worst

SGT Angel

Nucleus
Nebulae

Just watched about ten minutes ago and was very impressed by the film. Like others I wasn't expecting much but I was proven wrong by the great visuals and the actaully interesting plot line.

That being said the romance part for me seemed a bit tedious at times especially with the cliche guy and girl kiss at end and we all live happily ever after. Why not show us how things are like in the oasis for the last five minutes instead of having to watch the same standard romance

Shock

Electron
Nebulae
Just watched about ten minutes ago and was very impressed by the film. Like others I wasn't expecting much but I was proven wrong by the great visuals and the actaully interesting plot line.

That being said the romance part for me seemed a bit tedious at times especially with the cliche guy and girl kiss at end and we all live happily ever after. Why not show us how things are like in the oasis for the last five minutes instead of having to watch the same standard romance
I would love to know if everyone got to remake the same character models, or did people change up a bit. Did Aech change her model, Did Daito and Sho edit their armour?

mårten

Atom
Nebulae
i just thought it'd be another attempt by some corporate movie studio to make money off of a trending subject, kind of like that pixels movie

Rondal

And whole beasts of nations desire power
Nebulae
Some references really got me off by surprise in this one, but I really enjoyed the film. Went to see it a second time too

• Tracer was kinda annoying, I don't like the character but thankfully she wasn't too present (But she was pretty much in every scene somehow)
  • The Iron Giant was good, but I wouldn't expect any die hard fans of the original film to be impressed with its depiction here, but I liked it.
  • Seeing James Raynor at the start instantly got me interested in the film the moment I clocked it
  • The homage to games like Gears of War, Halo, Borderlands and many others was more of icing on top of the cake for me, I just loved the film's aesthetic entirely and having the ability to show so many games and generally popular virtual sites with so much freedom made me even more up for the second screening.
  • I feared the main character would be cringy, but the cringe is always clearly intentional, such as when he falls for Artemis, and the mention of her Twitch streams and such

P A U L

Cwabbo
Nebulae
The only thing I liked was the effects and the shining reference.
Other than that I thought the plot was shit, the chars were generic and the movie was basically 'get life virgin lol'

tera

Atom
Nebulae
watched it last night, loved the amount of references in that film that ranges from the classic films to video games. Id really wanna rewatch a second time to see how many characters id recognize.

Visually stunning and great use of effects. Oasis is really a cool wonder. I like the storyline but it felt a bit weak and so did some of the characters acting. Romance scenes were eww.

Overall, just a really fun action film to watch.