Completed Rework combat medical rules

Ron

Developer
Developer
HL2 RP Server Director
Nebulae
Suggestion:
Change the combat script rule to 1 medical script every 15 minutes, or introduce a system that allows medically specialized characters to use more than 1 script on someone in combat after doing a sufficient amount of roleplay in a safe area that's back from the front lines.
Why it would be worth adding:
Right now, the 1 script per fight rule is very underwhelming and I feel like implementing a system where medic characters can actually be medic characters in the field rather than only at base can make combat more interesting.

The roleplay would have to be done appropriately and, critically, in a safe-zone away from combat. The point is to have a triage area where you can seek medical attention, not be front-line healed. It adds an extra layer of strategy for both sides in that they have to designate an area for triage.

If there's no interest in that, then I'd suggest allowing 1 medical script to be used every 15 minutes instead.

Necessary content:
Rule changes

STUCK IN A CAKE

Molecule
Nebulae
rebels HAVE to wear medical uniforms or else they aren't allowed to follow the new rules
do that and you have my vote
Literally what I said in voice call

Ota (and maybe cop) can just get certs which are oocly tracked

Then yeah, it's up to that medic to set up a field hospital to help people out during extended conflicts

Personally I would also love to see a reduction in 'medical nlr' timer if you go back to base. Like I feel if you've managed to survive and get treated, you shouldn't get stuck with an OOC timer before you can go back out. Considering that you also need to wait for the script to take effect and do the roleplay anyways

Reactions: List

Andrew

Atom
Nebulae
Personally I would also love to see a reduction in 'medical nlr' timer if you go back to base. Like I feel if you've managed to survive and get treated, you shouldn't get stuck with an OOC timer before you can go back out. Considering that you also need to wait for the script to take effect and do the roleplay anyways
A discussion for another time, one to suggest to the staff running most major conflicts and interactions to debate over themselves.
However, an extremely fine suggestion nonetheless.

I'd like to add that if REBELS are stuck with using MEDICAL SUITS to indicate they are proper medics, the MEDICAL SUITS should have a bit of bonus armour, both for the purpose of balance and so that they aren't gimped. Let's be real, everyone's going to shoot the medic.

deathwolf

I AM SPIDERMAN, GRIST LIES! I AM HIM REALLY! ﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
Literally what I said in voice call

Ota (and maybe cop) can just get certs which are oocly tracked

Then yeah, it's up to that medic to set up a field hospital to help people out during extended conflicts

don't force outfits on rebels please

STUCK IN A CAKE

Molecule
Nebulae
don't force outfits on rebels please
If the change is to make medical central characters more useful during active engagements, then there needs to be a way to stop people from using multiple medical items without auths. And the easiest way is via a roster or appearance

You could make an armband script if you want, but either way you're going to need a way to enforce the rules since I know damn well certain groups will just abuse the new rules to claim "they're all medics"

Gary

Developer
HL2 RP Server Director
Nebulae
We're definitely overdue a change, hard to know how to really approach it

Medical scripts during combat could be looked at being every fifteen minutes during combat also, but it is already pretty hard to enforce and abuse can slip through the cracks

Seperating field medical scripts and more invasive surgery kits could definitely do with being split, maybe even introduce a timer (akin to tying someone up) to apply a surgical kit to someone

Healing 15 minute timer should (and I honestly thought already was) lower than the death NLR

Just shooting off a few ideas, nothing is set in stone - would rather not link medical shit to a uniform or such, but I do agree that there needs to be a bit more distinction between the forms of medical scripts, bit odd to whip out a surgical kit while being fired at to sort our your health

Having specific people able to bypass the restrictions will just introduce more headache, but the idea of having field medics is not completely brushed aside

Oswald

Fish
Nebulae
Engagements becoming painfully long- that's all I see from this. I hate the idea of extending the time we S2K any longer than we already have- S2K already interferes with roleplay, why extend it more by allowing people to heal mid s2k
(Personally I think we should restrict it completely)

Gary

Developer
HL2 RP Server Director
Nebulae
Engagements becoming painfully long- that's all I see from this. I hate the idea of extending the time we S2K any longer than we already have- S2K already interferes with roleplay, why extend it more by allowing people to heal mid s2k
(Personally I think we should restrict it completely)
I feel like pushing for seperation of medic item types would be a good way to go about this, morphine and such feels like it works on field

Also leaning on the side that if you die in an S2K engagement, you shouldn't be able to come back after 15 minutes
people waiting for their NLR timer to expire to come back is half the issue with the battles lasting so long I feel

Vaz

Still a sleep deprived gay, just older
HL2 RP Administrator
Nebulae
My opinion on this..

In terms of S2K scenarios, just applying a medical item is a no go for me personally. If you got hurt/ near death.. find a way to break from the fight, say your running on adrenaline, when out of sight (if you are not authorised in medical knowledge) call for help, via radio. And just have ya fingers crossed that someone’s coming your way.
(If you are authorised with medical knowledge..) I still think you’ll have trouble trying to patch up your own wounds and would probably still ask for assistance.

S2RP, my preferred type in terms of gun fights..

Once hit during a S2RP scenario, I would suggest waiting at least one /me round before even attempt to radio for a medic or if a medic saw you get hurt. To try and make their way to you. (Depending on distance, if they were right next to you.. and depend on how far the opposing fighters are..) to use logic, if the location right enough to provide proper medical care? Or do they need to fall back? Can the injured person move?

What I’m trying to say is, depending on the location. The type of wound. And the type of shoot out it is, should vary on the medical treatment, but one simple medical item, with no attempt on properly healing other than just applying it to oneself..? That’s a big no, I don’t care if you miss out of the intense shoot out.

(This is probably making no sense.. I’m writing this on my phone, and shattered after a shift.. I am probably misreading the thread as a whole..)

Deleted member 906

Molecule
B A N N E D
Nebulae
I feel like pushing for seperation of medic item types would be a good way to go about this, morphine and such feels like it works on field

Also leaning on the side that if you die in an S2K engagement, you shouldn't be able to come back after 15 minutes
people waiting for their NLR timer to expire to come back is half the issue with the battles lasting so long I feel

If the whole medical RP thing is reworked, Ill return with a heightened sense of purpose and wont be the toxic asshole many know me as. I love MedRP but it didn't do it for me in HL2RP like it does for GTARP. It may be the realism of it for me and the fact you can do more in-depth stuff on GTARP but hl2rp needs to up their Game mayne.

Nebulae

1 life per combat

separation of medical system

BRILLIANT

STUCK IN A CAKE

Molecule
Nebulae

Medical scripts during combat could be looked at being every fifteen minutes during combat also, but it is already pretty hard to enforce and abuse can slip through the cracks

Seperating field medical scripts and more invasive surgery kits could definitely do with being split, maybe even introduce a timer (akin to tying someone up) to apply a surgical kit to someone

Healing 15 minute timer should (and I honestly thought already was) lower than the death NLR

Just shooting off a few ideas, nothing is set in stone - would rather not link medical shit to a uniform or such, but I do agree that there needs to be a bit more distinction between the forms of medical scripts, bit odd to whip out a surgical kit while being fired at to sort our your health

Having specific people able to bypass the restrictions will just introduce more headache, but the idea of having field medics is not completely brushed aside
Not a bad idea, have items like bandages, medigel and morphine be items someone could reasonably apply on themselves on the field, Then have items such as first aid kits/surgical kits/Medical Kits require someone else to apply to you (with a timer, akin to tying them up) for more serious wounds. Being far more efficient but slower to apply

Also, another issue, armour scraps/batteries at the moment are classed as medical items, which then conflicts with the one medical item rule, will that be changed at all?

Andrew

Atom
Nebulae

/medcooldown or /medcd or /mcd
however it's important not to throw too many systems at players as you don't really want to have new players have to approach combat with keeping a lot of things in mind and learning a lot
it's pretty difficult to approach, personally I think the easiest way really is to use the medical suits as the distinction but I'm down to hear what more have to say

Rabid

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
personally I think the easiest way really is to use the medical suits as the distinction but I'm down to hear what more have to say
The problem with that idea is that you can't mirror this for cops and you'd quickly see people complaining that they can't do something as simple as slapping a bandage on their wound, etc.

Nebulae
The problem with that idea is that you can't mirror this for cops and you'd quickly see people complaining that they can't do something as simple as slapping a bandage on their wound, etc.
how about we get medical bright hats, and we get all factions equipped with em and their medics
that def requires bit of new devving, new bright hat of a red cross, and getting an angry email from redcross.com,
then applying hats to work for cps (if they dont already)

and done

oYmAqZ1.png

c0smic

String
B A N N E D
Nebulae
the current medical style is a trust system which people have abused on occasion, i know some people off my head that've done it recently

while it'd be nice to have something implemented, a a quick rule change would also be cool. it'd be nice to see that only 1 armor scrap & 1 med item used in any instance plus that returning to the same engagement you died in is not allowed, but that's my opinion

deathwolf

I AM SPIDERMAN, GRIST LIES! I AM HIM REALLY! ﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae

what about a hard limit in the code meaning you physically can’t equip any medical scripts for another 15 minutes