Nebulae
i use dev mode to remove things that fuck me off and I'm not sorry

Reactions: List

Deleted member 4609

Doomboy / Femguy
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
i use dev mode to remove things that fuck me off and I'm not sorry
I have the game autosave constantly since it runs off of an M.2 it takes 0.5 seconds and I never notice it.
If I get an extreme event where the difficulty balancing is completely out of whack and I'm fighting 50 manhunting yorkshire terriers (not exactly possible with 3 people even in full gear and equipment) I just reload the last save and the regenerated seed usually gives me something way more realistic and manageable instead, like 4 grizzly bears or something since it uses a point-based system to determine difficulty.

If something /really/ bullshit happens that threatens to just insta wipe my colony, I let the game reroll the event a few times in this way to see if I can find something that will still inflict loses and struggle but won't unfairly kill me off early despite being the same point-score in terms of difficulty. Kinda funny how action economy sort of exists in this game much like in XCOM/D&D, though a shame tribals don't take advantage of it much.

It's a good alternative I've found to keeping the dev mode permanently on, because it used to really fuck with my head just how easy it was to overcome small annoyances and I'd always ruin my own fun with it x

xQ3uze6.png

help

Last edited:

MaXenzie

Sexually attracted to robots
Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
mfw i have one year on my world and i haven't upgraded from wood or made an outer perimeter

what the fuck does your killbox look like

Deleted member 4609

Doomboy / Femguy
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
Killboxes are cringe, build sandbags and turrets and actual defensive positions and actively take time to remove cover the enemy could take around these locations i.e. trees, chunks, etc.

Cheesing the game by making raiders run a marathon through the Home Alone kid's house ain't it chief that shit is so nauseating.